Welcome to the first Star Crossed Cup!
A high level 2v2 tournament hosted by Romeo!
The game is plagued by endless bugs and balance concerns, so what better time to host a tournament? The Star Crossed Cup is intended for great 2v2 players ready to make a name for themselves in a competitive scene. Grab a teammate and show me what you've got! I'll be streaming all the games and posting them on my channel afterward.
The tournament will be double elimination between eight teams. That's right, just eight teams, so make sure to grab your spot fast! I'll be using standard tournament rules, as detailed below:
Sign UpsSign-ups will be conducted via this thread in the forums. Please provide the following information in form of a reply to the thread:
- Team Name:
- Steam Names:
- Time zone: (NA or EU)
TimelineStarting faction, maps and opponent will be announced on Tuesday, October 9.
- Round 1: Saturday 10/11 - Sunday 10/12
- Round 2: Monday 10/13 - Tuesday 10/14
- Round 3: Wednesday 10/15 - Thursday 10/16
- Finals: Friday 10/17
- Double Elimination
- Best of Three
- Teams must play one match as the Axis, and one match as the Allies
- Round One: Team A picks map, THEN Team B picks faction. First pick will be determined randomly.
- Round Two: Teams switch factions, Team B vetoes two maps, then Team A picks from remaining three.
- Round Three: Teams veto two maps each, THEN team with most VPs remaining from previous rounds picks faction. The team with less VPs gets first veto.
- 500 Victory Points
- Fixed Positions
- Standard Resources
MapsPlayers can choose from the following map pool:
- Semoskiy Winter
- Vaux Farmlands
- Rails and Metal
- Moscow Outskirts
Commanders & BulletinsALL commanders are allowed! Why even bother trying to figure out what would be fair at this point?
Match UpsI'll be using Challonge to randomly generate the bracket.
- No verbal abuse, this includes, sexism, racism, comments about sexual orientation or threats of violent or sexual attack, excessive chat spam, personal attacks; above all use common sense.
- No stream cheating (viewing opponents stream during a match), this will result in a DQ. Also while its not against the rules to stream your tourney match, I will request that you don't do it so there won't be any spoilers.
- No use of 3rd party programs (zoom mod, map hack, etc.) that gives you an unfair advantage against your opponent. Guilty parties will be DQ'd and banned from attending further events. Voice chat programs such as ventrilo etc are allowed, of course.
- Collusion will not be tolerated, any guilty parties will be DQ'd and barred from this event and attending further events.
- No-shows without letting Romeo know will result in a ban on future tournaments.
- Referees reserve the right to ask you to change your name at any time for any reason. Referees decision on any matter is final.
Replays & Score SubmittalPlayers must save replays of each game and submit them after the match. You may upload them to COH2.ORG using the "My Files" feature and then send the link to Romeo. You can find the 'My Files' section by placing your cursor over your name in the top right of this website. When sending the links of the files, please also report the final score for the match. You can upload publicly to the replay section if you really really want to, but again I request you don't to avoid spoilers.
PrizesThe tournament champions will both receive a gift copy of Ardennes Assault when it is released, as well as all stream donations raised during streaming of the tournament!
Tournament StreamingStreaming of the Star Crossed Cup will be done by me, Romeo. You can watch live on Twitch, or catch it in HD on my youtube channel after the fact.
Follow me to be notified when the cup goes live!