I have the honor to introduce you to the 1st CoHmmunity Smoking Aces 2v2 Tournament.
Grab your buddy and get in as a team!
It is open to everyone, CoHmmunity internals as well as externals are welcome.
We start on September 17th at 3PM with the preliminary round, which will end on September 18th at 9PM.
Whoever was able to assert themselves here will be promoted to the SE-tournament round, which will take place a week later on September 24th starts at 3PM and ends on September 25th at 9PM.
Exciting battles for 1st to 3rd place and a total prize pool of €250 await you in Steam credit.
If you want to participate, PM Falc#3361 on Discord with your Steam name, Steam name of your comrade and with the coh2stats profile links of both participants by no later than September 16th 9PM.
- In order to create a tournament for the non-elite, unfortunately 1v1 Top 50, 2v2 Top 50 random and premade teams Top 50 will not be admitted to this event, this also includes players whose rank has expired but obviously belong in these categories due to their stats;
- Signs-ups are open until the 16th of September 9PM;
- PM Falc#3361 on Discord with your Steam name, Steam name of your comrade and with the coh2stats profile links of both participants.
Dates and times
- All times given are GMT+2 aka CEST;
- Games begin at 3PM;
- Games stop at 9PM except if both teams agree to continue;
- Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th September: Preliminary round;
- Saturday 24th September: SE-tournament round - Quarter final must be completed;
- Sunday 25th September: SE-tournament round - Semi-finals and final. If the final is not finished by 9PM then it will continue another date that is convenient for both teams;
- Contact your opponents in time to find an exact time for the match.
- Players can take a maximum of 5 minutes in between game 1 and 2;
- Players can take a maximum of 10 minutes in between game 2 and 3;
- Players can take a maximum of 15 minutes between BO2/BO3;
- Please start the games as soon as you're ready in order to help us move the tournament on;
- Inform referees if you need to take more than the maximum time.
- Once two teams agree on a time to play, if one of them is not all present 15 minutes after the meeting time then the team lose the match;
- After two absences or if the team does not respond then it will be eliminated from the tournament.
- Be fair, no griefing, no CHEATING, no toxic behavior... just have fun;
- Ghosting is not allowed;
- Popcap abuse from USF is allowed;
- No smurf or account sharing allowed;
- If there are any problems, contact Falcon and we will find a solution;
- The organizers take the rights to change the rules at any time to improve the continuity of the tournament or add clarification.
- In case of bugsplat etc in the first 3 minutes the match is repeated, after that it counts as a loss;
Each BO2/BO3 (visible in the match info) has 2 maps choose randomly from the map pool. Teams must pick map among these.
- Alliance of Defiance;
- Crossing in the Woods;
- Eindhoven Country;
- Elst Outskirts;
- Rails & Metal;
General match rules
- Game Mode: 2v2;
- Preliminary round: BO2;
- SE-tournament round: Single elimination BO3;
- Standard 500 Victory Points;
- Fixed starting positions (Allies 1-2 | Axis 3-4);
- All bulletins and commanders are allowed;
- No mirror matches;
- 3 minutes observer delay.
In the preliminary round, you play against all players in your pool in BO2.
At the end of each BO2, you have:
- 3 points for a win (2-0);
- 1 point for a draw (1-1);
- 0 points for a loss (0-2).
At the end of the preliminary round, only the last-placed player is eliminated. Other players go to SE-tournament round.
- Game 1: Each team is ranked by Falcon. The lower-ranked team (Team A) picks first the map from the match info, the other team (Team B) picks these factions/commanders/bulletins (no change after that phase) then Team A picks the factions/commanders/bulletins;
- Game 2: Same map than G1. Swap factions and positions. Team B picks these factions/commanders/bulletins (no change after that phase) then Team A picks these factions/commanders/bulletins.
- Game 1: Each team is ranked by Falcon. The lower-ranked team (Team A) picks first the map from the match info, the other team (Team B) picks these factions/commanders/bulletins (no change after that phase) then Team A picks these faction/commanders/bulletins;
- Game 2: Same map than G1. Swap factions and positions. Team B picks these factions/commanders/bulletins (no change after that phase) then Team A picks these factions/commanders/bulletins;
- Game 3: Second map (different than G2) from the match info. VP leader (G1+G2) picks these factions/commanders/bulletins first (no change after that phase) then the other team picks these factions/commanders/bulletins.
- The winner of the games informs Falcon via PM of the result;
- If it was an exciting or good match, then save the replay and send it to Syrisss#0496 via PM (file name: team name vs team name).
Go to the CoHmmunity Discord server, channel #event.