Login

russian armor

My thoughts on USF at the moment (rifles suck).

13 May 2024, 08:35 AM

Feels like every other USF opening has been gutted or is extremely reliant on your greyhound performing well. When was the last time you've ever seen rifles base pin anybody?

Example; Vet 1 vehicles opening, it's like the jeep is killing more models than your rifles. (I had a fight over an enemy MG lol). This again, scales into having a vet 1 greyhound. Because I guess without vet 1 it misses EVERY shot. And Combat Engineers are kind of a meme.

Pathfinder + sniper, seems somewhat viable to late game.. again a total skip of rifles.

Then the captain 4->3 nerf came out of nowhere, so if you DO skip rifles.. hey good luck you spent fuel for a side capping scout, that is also locked into close range, that needs vet 1 for his mortar call-ins (probably won't hit anything).

What else is out there? Weasel? LOL

13 May 2024, 10:05 AM

Lets make it clear:
You think rifles are bad, because you can't base pin with them?
What does that make DAK PGs who lose against them and cost more and do not have nearly as good upgrades?
14 May 2024, 03:21 AM

usf can save 49percent reforce manpower, so every usf intanry is much more powerful than other function.
you can simplely just spam infantry and save fuel to research the infantry tech.
if enemy have hmg, you have captain forward retreat, and flank the hmg
19 May 2024, 18:40 PM

One of the problems with CoH across multiple games is that they have this mechanic where one faction is supposed to get good starting (mainline) infantry that get upgraded weaponry later and the other gets two different tiers of infantry, and basic (mainline) infantry and an elite infantry. And that elite infantry will dominate the opponent's upgraded mainline infantry.

CoH2 pretty much did away with this when they made it to where 3 Gren sqauds were slaughtering any number of US Riflemen regardless of the much more expensive cost and upgrades for Riflemen.

CoH3 isn't there yet. One reason why Riflemen are used less is due to Rangers.
19 May 2024, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2024, 18:40 PMCODGUY
One of the problems with CoH across multiple games is that they have this mechanic where one faction is supposed to get good starting (mainline) infantry that get upgraded weaponry later and the other gets two different tiers of infantry, and basic (mainline) infantry and an elite infantry. And that elite infantry will dominate the opponent's upgraded mainline infantry.

CoH2 pretty much did away with this when they made it to where 3 Gren sqauds were slaughtering any number of US Riflemen regardless of the much more expensive cost and upgrades for Riflemen.

CoH3 isn't there yet. One reason why Riflemen are used less is due to Rangers.

So umm, that late game elite infantry upgraded ISC rifles lose to, are they in the room with us right now?
19 May 2024, 22:14 PM

Vet 1 vehicles opening, it's like the jeep is killing more models than your rifles.

I'm a 4 digit rank player so, what do I know, right? Still, I think it's intentional that these really early light vehicles are powerful for a reason: risk vs. reward -- you trade late game power for early game dominance.

It's not like this jeep is going to carry you through the whole game. Yeah it's going to kick ass early on, but it's stealing experience from the infantry that you're going to be relying on later on when light vehicles get swatted out of the game like flies.

I think it's less of an issue that rifles are bad, but rather that you're looking at a risky unit that has high reward and saying, "why aren't my mainline troops this powerful early in the game?" Which is the wrong way to look at it imo.
20 May 2024, 02:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2024, 20:42 PMKatitof

So umm, that late game elite infantry upgraded ISC rifles lose to, are they in the room with us right now?

Should they be? And didnt he say coh3 "isnt there yet"?

Whats your complaint here? That riflemen with 400mp and 125 fu worth of upgrades that doesnt advance your teching are... strong?

For the record i dont agree with OP that rifles are bad. But you pay for it to make them as good as they are... And the timing of that investment can kill you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★