Login

russian armor

How to counter aggressive early game OKW in 1v1

30 Mar 2016, 23:14 PM

I got a problem in 1v1 against OKW if they use 3 Sturmpios and 1 kubel in early game because I lose map control really fast.

they sturmpios keep pressure on my IS in oneside of the map ,in other side of the map kubel keep capping point.
I try to use Vicker for area deny but 3 strurmpios can flaking it easily.Because they have more map control -- Luch come in a few minute
So i rush to AEC for chase down Luch but volk with sherck come to support them and give my AEC a hard time.
I surrender.

My build order
Start - IS
1 - IS
2 - Vicker HMG
tech up platoon command post
3 - Vicker HMG
4 - RE
upgrade weapon rack (equip my IS and RE with 1 Bren)
build mortar pit (my bad decision and waste my 400 manpower)
5 - AEC
6 - AT gun
surrender

OKW player build order
Start - Sturmpios
1 - Sturmpios
2 - Kubel
3 - Sturmpios
4 - Raketenwerfer
5 - Volk
6 - Luch
7 - Volk

Maybe it happen because my bad micro IS or his good micro Sturmpios but please give me some advice or tip to survive this early game aggressive play

PS. sorry for my bad english
31 Mar 2016, 01:19 AM

Try this...

1. Initial IS

Cap cutoff, centre VP and head straight for his cutoff to cap ( assuming the map has proper cutoffs, Gleize for instance is rubbish for this).

2. UC - should arrive at the cutoff at about the same time as the IS is capping
3. UC - though only on maps with restricted exits from base. Get a trench down with your IS and stick a Vickers in there else which prevents a recap of the cutoff (s).

Basically use your UCs to cause as much manpower damage to the Sturms as possible whilst denying any fuel. Imperative here to deny fuel in it's totality, not merely fuel points. Keep them at range ( they actually do more damage at max range and keeps them out of faust range of any Volks). If at all possible merely blockade the exits from his base and or chase the Kubel till dead.

Be very careful of your IS as it is a long way to go for reinforements, if you do lose models then just send them off to cap the other 2 VPs to put the clock against the OKW player whilst the UCs harrass.

Tech up.

I find that whatever you build in the early game if OKW goes for 2-3 Sturms plus Kubel you will lose both fuels and map control against aggressive play. Vickers in garrisons just get naded out, Sturms just close with and kill IS. The only counter is the UC, though don't expect them to be alive past the 5 minute mark. Hence until he gets a single shreck or rak you have to make those 5 minutes count. You do this either with a fuel lead or an ( unusual for Brits) VP lead.

Upgrading a UC with the Vickers K is a high risk high reward strategy. Its expensive on a unit which is going to die soon.. Spam suppressive fire to pin squads so that they have no option but to retreat, you won't do much manpower damage with them but you are merely looking to buy time by forcing the retreat and therefore deny map control.

Remember that Jerry doesn't like it up him so expect lots of highly amusing abuse in chat. :D
31 Mar 2016, 01:29 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Hey if you PM me your steam number I can show you how to properly counter sturm rush early game.
31 Mar 2016, 03:14 AM

Try this...

1. Initial IS

Cap cutoff, centre VP and head straight for his cutoff to cap ( assuming the map has proper cutoffs, Gleize for instance is rubbish for this).

2. UC - should arrive at the cutoff at about the same time as the IS is capping
3. UC - though only on maps with restricted exits from base. Get a trench down with your IS and stick a Vickers in there else which prevents a recap of the cutoff (s).

Basically use your UCs to cause as much manpower damage to the Sturms as possible whilst denying any fuel. Imperative here to deny fuel in it's totality, not merely fuel points. Keep them at range ( they actually do more damage at max range and keeps them out of faust range of any Volks). If at all possible merely blockade the exits from his base and or chase the Kubel till dead.

Be very careful of your IS as it is a long way to go for reinforements, if you do lose models then just send them off to cap the other 2 VPs to put the clock against the OKW player whilst the UCs harrass.

Tech up.

I find that whatever you build in the early game if OKW goes for 2-3 Sturms plus Kubel you will lose both fuels and map control against aggressive play. Vickers in garrisons just get naded out, Sturms just close with and kill IS. The only counter is the UC, though don't expect them to be alive past the 5 minute mark. Hence until he gets a single shreck or rak you have to make those 5 minutes count. You do this either with a fuel lead or an ( unusual for Brits) VP lead.

Upgrading a UC with the Vickers K is a high risk high reward strategy. Its expensive on a unit which is going to die soon.. Spam suppressive fire to pin squads so that they have no option but to retreat, you won't do much manpower damage with them but you are merely looking to buy time by forcing the retreat and therefore deny map control.

Remember that Jerry doesn't like it up him so expect lots of highly amusing abuse in chat. :D

Thank you for you advice , I will try this in my next British match.
31 Mar 2016, 03:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2016, 01:29 AMwouren
Hey if you PM me your steam number I can show you how to properly counter sturm rush early game.

I already sent my PM to you.

Thank you for your reply and your help
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight