Login

russian armor

Fuel rationing as an approach to balancing

31 Jul 2015, 02:21 AM

you could say the same thing about 1v1s. The whole point is that you will no longer be facing 4 opponents backed by a map full of caches because only one player made a investment. You wouldn't need to rely on your wher allies putting down caches any longer in order to stay in the game.

4v4 balance and pacing is absolutely wacky due to communitive caches.

Okay hear me out. The issue with balance in 3's and 4's is that Axis late game is to powerful yes? Why is this? Because Allies numbers can't be properly utilized if everyones just sitting around slugging it out over 1 point.

What is the advantage of having 1 Jadgtigers worth of SU-76s? The obvious answer is that multiple tanks means more coverage, but 3v3 and 4v4 maps are so tiny that the SU-76s have to clump up so their advantage over the JT is lost.

Mess around with the fuel incomes all you want but your not going to fix the problems of Allied units lacking room to utilize their strengths by making the JT come a couple of minutes later.
31 Jul 2015, 04:51 AM
Patrion 28

the problem i see with team games is that axis vehicles are easier to keep alive and so they (especially OKW) end up vetted while allies just keep feeding them because of pathing/maps/shit RNG.

there are very few games i've made comebacks on as allies but there are plenty where i've done it as axis because i finally got out enough Vs.
1 Aug 2015, 16:30 PM
Patrion 14

Make it so that caches give a fixed amount of income, but split among the team.

IE. +4 fuel for the only player in 1 v 1, +1 fuel to each player in 2v2.

Or do they already do this? Have to admit I never checked.
1 Aug 2015, 16:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 16:30 PMSappi
Make it so that caches give a fixed amount of income, but split among the team.

IE. +4 fuel for the only player in 1 v 1, +1 fuel to each player in 2v2.

Or do they already do this? Have to admit I never checked.

As far as I am aware everyone gets the full amount (apart from OKW! Who get 66%).

This is a good solution avoiding squabbles over points and would still penalise oh/ OKW more as only OH could build them.

This is assuming that high fuel income is actually affecting balance as there are a variety of opinions expressed above.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★