Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Krasnagrad

7 Feb 2014, 16:19 PM

Hey!

So ive been thinking about this map for a long time now and id think im gonna give it a shot in the coh2 mapmaker. I have no previous experience from mapmaking before so i'd be quite interesting. I have seen onkelsam's videos so im not completely in the blue.

So ive made this paint picture showcasing what id thought the map should look like. Feel free to give feedback regarding balance,cutoffs etc.

Edit.
previous version.

New one modified based on feedback

Edit. 11th februari

so ive been playing around alot with the features, looking at videos guides etc so ive got some basic stuff to work with. placing out objects etc. it's really much more work needed than i thought if you want it to look nice.

7 Feb 2014, 19:11 PM

The typical CoH2 map has 10 strat sectors, 2 fuel and 2 munition sectors. I suggest you stick close to that, to keep the economy in check :)
7 Feb 2014, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2014, 19:11 PMQvazar
The typical CoH2 map has 10 strat sectors, 2 fuel and 2 munition sectors. I suggest you stick close to that, to keep the economy in check :)

ye ive already done some modifications
8 Feb 2014, 00:36 AM

kind of hard to tell where the bases are. i assume theyre the bottom left and top right corners? if so, your cutoffs (the sectors on the roads) could be a bit imbalanced. the top right base can be cutoff from fuel much easier than the bottom left.

also, not sure what kind of scale im looking at, but be careful not to make your sectors (like the vps) too big. could make sector artillery too hard to avoid.
9 Feb 2014, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2014, 19:11 PMQvazar

You don't need to make your map hyper-typical. 8 strat points + 2 muni + 2 fuel should be fine... It all depends on what you want to make. I want to see where the actual capping areas are for each sector to really gauge how the cut-offs will be balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★