Login

russian armor

Relic: Please beware "The British Curse"

• This thread is locked
23 Oct 2013, 13:55 PM
Donator 33

Let me start this post by saying, I really like the game for various reasons. Mistakes have been made and will always be made, but as long as they end up corrected, we'll all be fine. I see potential glory and fun in the gamemechanics.

But I feel the need to express a concern: 'ware "The British Curse". I'm talking about implementing gimmicky units and hence strategies that don't really play into the rest of the game, like the Assault Grenadier commander or Osttruppen.

"Why?" you might ask - "You are very free to not play them and they are not imbalanced".

Because I am bored. I am bored playing against them. It introduces the "fad of the month" and every other game, I HAVE to play against something that is not a strategy or a new clever use of units - it is just a premade cyber-McDonaldsburger presented as a commander, wasting my time and forcing me to counter not a gameplan, but "units". New commanders, units and abilities; certainly! Just be careful how you deliver them.

I am not calling "end of the world!!", I'm just giving you a heads-up. I am not enjoying myself every other game. And this is why I call it the British Curse - I am forced to play against a boring gimmick and I cannot avoid it.
- It is certainly not as bad as the dreaded Brits (I simply stopped playing Wehrmacht back then), I am just hoping you will be careful in the future.

Cheers! :)
23 Oct 2013, 14:15 PM

Stop it. You're reminding me of the many days of M3 rampage on release.
23 Oct 2013, 15:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Seriously, are Assgrens and Osties that prevalent in 2v2+?

Have they really sold that well?
23 Oct 2013, 15:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2013, 15:22 PMNullist
Seriously, are Assgrens and Osties that prevalent in 2v2+?

Have they really sold that well?

I think around 40% procent of the germans have the assgrens equipped and they use it like 95% of the time. I only saw the osttruppen once I think.
based on ~20 2v2 games?
23 Oct 2013, 15:49 PM

I agree with the OP.

I hated the British faction in CoH1 with a passion. They were boring and didn´t fit the fluent playstyle of CoH1 at all. It always came down to dull, abusive tactics. Set up your truck at an important point (Wolfheze was an insta-win for Brits) which can´t be capped any longer, set up mortatr pit and vickers. Blob. Roo. Sit there and win. I liked to compare the British faction with cancer: Cut it out early or die - as a rush was most of the time the only chance to win.

I hope a faction this static will never ever make it into CoH2. Coh2 should stay true to the original tactics that made it a good game. Mobility, flanking and tactical placement of units (aka no blobbing or camping).
23 Oct 2013, 16:01 PM

I agree with the OP.
I hope a faction this static will never ever make it into CoH2. Coh2 should stay true to the original tactics that made it a good game. Mobility, flanking and tactical placement of units (aka no blobbing or camping).

FHQ FTW, MVGame.
23 Oct 2013, 17:00 PM

FHQ + 120mm mortar biggest cheesiest abusive strat ever. You can beat Assgrens, that isn't really a hard strat to beat..
23 Oct 2013, 22:20 PM
Benefactor 115

You can beat Assgrens, that isn't really a hard strat to beat..

maybe you should read his post again, he's not complaining that he can't beat them
23 Oct 2013, 23:09 PM

While I agree that "gimmicky" units and tactics like cangaroos/clowncars, and that entire slope ruins a lot of the fun, I still found the british somewhat fun to play against. Facing an enemy with well prepared dug in positions really forced you to change gears and adapt to a different mindset.

I wouldnt mind seeing a defensive faction/commander introduced, as long as it fits the game, both gameplaywise and to a certain degree realisticly.
15 May 2014, 10:03 AM

Permanently Banned
I agree with the OP.

I hated the British faction in CoH1 with a passion. They were boring and didn´t fit the fluent playstyle of CoH1 at all. It always came down to dull, abusive tactics. Set up your truck at an important point (Wolfheze was an insta-win for Brits) which can´t be capped any longer, set up mortatr pit and vickers. Blob. Roo. Sit there and win. I liked to compare the British faction with cancer: Cut it out early or die - as a rush was most of the time the only chance to win.

:snfPeter:
15 May 2014, 10:07 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Akosi WTF. Do not bump old threads. How many times do we have to tell you?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Russian Federation 64
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak