Login

russian armor

Case Blue Tiger Ace mission

25 Sep 2013, 18:14 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I like it. It's simple... control your Tiger. Only 3 little ability upgrades that come w/ vet, and very sparse munitions so you have to spend them wisely. When you play it, since you have no Pios, you have to learn how to maximize damage output and minimize damage taken. :thumb: Free flares are fun and the animation is really cool. The simple intro movie is sweet too, with the Tiger slowly rumbling forward from out of the fog.

25 Sep 2013, 18:31 PM

Great map! Took me a while to beat it on general.
25 Sep 2013, 21:46 PM

It's ok but not as good as the Tiger Ace mission in Tales of Valor (there was direct fire + a skill tree).

When the 3 KV-2 appear it's more tedious than anything with the pathfinding + truesight bug (more than one time my Tiger couldn't see the KV-2 even at point blank, wtf), at least on general difficulty.

But considering it's one mission of a small pack I guess we can't expect the same quality.
25 Sep 2013, 22:25 PM

I greatly enjoyed this mission too. Very neat =)
25 Sep 2013, 23:30 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

It's ok but not as good as the Tiger Ace mission in Tales of Valor (there was direct fire + a skill tree).

When the 3 KV-2 appear it's more tedious than anything with the pathfinding + truesight bug (more than one time my Tiger couldn't see the KV-2 even at point blank, wtf), at least on general difficulty.

But considering it's one mission of a small pack I guess we can't expect the same quality.

I personally found the Tiger Ace mission in ToV to be one of the biggest let-downs in the COH franchise. That page full of dozens of abilities was pointless and uninteresting.

TrueSight functions nicely in this mission, and you're forced to learn to micro your tiger and use all of the hotkeys available to you. Particularly important are "Halt" and "Attack Ground." When your vision is clouded by smoke, or whatever else, use attack ground. Once you get good at it, you will start using it all the time.
25 Sep 2013, 23:55 PM

Yes and no, truesight is broken, I facehugged some KV-2 several times after issuing an attack orders because both vehicle didn't shoot, like they could not see each other when they were right in front of each other. On the other hand you can hide behind houses and remain undectected.

As for Tales of Valor you have direct fire, allowing you to turn your turret before leaving the corner of a building for a quick shot.
26 Sep 2013, 00:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yeah i don;t understand why there is no manual aim for the turret. It makes positioning and tactical play much more important.
It's a mission all about ONE tank!

Right now if you back away your turret locks on to some uninteresting mortar squad.
26 Sep 2013, 21:57 PM

Was a fun mission, although not really that big of a challenge (beat it on General on my first try without saves).

Did anyone notice that the Tiger 2-3 shots a KV-1? Was that intended in this mission? Because those tanks died faster than T34's for me and essentially were free XP.
27 Sep 2013, 00:52 AM

It's a bug then. It takes a lot of shot to destroy both KV-1 or KV-2, and I tried to attack them from behind. Or maybe I was the one with a bug?
27 Sep 2013, 01:58 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I found the KVs challenging to kill w/o taking too much damage from their main guns.
27 Sep 2013, 11:46 AM

Yeah, them KV-1's were tough! I really loved the KV-2. Too bad it was immobile...
27 Sep 2013, 12:24 PM

map is the same as in a mission when you must act like real communist and burn homes with civilians inside and your own comrades!
27 Sep 2013, 14:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

the mission was fun, until this happened... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181643499 .

that abandoned halftrack blocked the entrance for the russian tanks, so i couldn't complete the mission, what a let down, i wont try it again. :(

where's my luck?!
17 Jan 2014, 10:35 AM

map is the same as in a mission when you must act like real communist and burn homes with civilians inside and your own comrades!

I didn't even realise that, and I just played that level an hour ago.

Amazing what changing the Camera POV can do. Huh.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 47
Germany 11
unknown 11
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L