Login

russian armor

CoH2 Commander Tables

12 Aug 2013, 21:55 PM

Hello coh2.org folk!

While I have indeed enjoyed my short time along coh2 immensively, there is this one thing that has kinda started to boil my piss, and I'm quite sure I'm not alone. Ever got that stupid feeling of insecureness during the loading screen when the blank and unimaginative faces of the enemy generals stare at you?

Did that guy have guards? Or was it the ISU-152 commander? There's 4 heavy tank commanders?? Who the hell was that bearded guy? These might be just a tiny fraction of the questions bouncing inside the players' heads as they try to figure out their opposition, or just generally trying to remember the commanders and their abilities.

There are of course guides and similar awesome stuff, but they are cumbersome and definitely not fast to use, if you want to just check something. Fortunately I took my time and created.. initially, well, for myself, but I decided to share.. tables of the commanders.

I wanted to cut most of the bullshit info out, so everything isn't necessarily self explanatory, if you don't know what the abilities do. I made this mainly as a learning tool for the commanders, so I could quickly check those little things I wanted to know during a loading screen, for example. In time it should render itself obsolete, and if it does, I will call this a success.

Soviet Commanders [UPDATED 29.9.2013]
Ostheer Commanders [UPDATED 29.9.2013]
12 Aug 2013, 22:23 PM
Donator 11

Maybe there should be an option in the loading screen to hover over commanders and see their abbilities.
12 Aug 2013, 22:26 PM

Maybe there should be an option in the loading screen to hover over commanders and see their abbilities.

I definitely agree, and imo this should have been Relic's work.
12 Aug 2013, 22:30 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That's a pretty nice table you have there. I agree it would be a good idea to add a feature like this in the game.
12 Aug 2013, 22:36 PM

One of the points was also to make it so compact that one could have it open on a second monitor, for example, or maybe even print it (if you are in school or a millionaire).
12 Aug 2013, 22:47 PM
Donator 11

Hello coh2.org folk!

While I have indeed enjoyed my short time along coh2 immensively, there is this one thing that has kinda started to boil my piss, and I'm quite sure I'm not alone. Ever got that stupid feeling of insecureness during the loading screen when the blank and unimaginative faces of the enemy generals stare at you.

Did that guy have guards? Or was it the ISU-152 commander? There's 4 heavy tank commanders?? Who the hell was that bearded guy? These might be just a tiny fraction of the questions bouncing inside the players' heads as they try to figure out their opposition, or just generally trying to remember the commanders and their abilities.

There's of course quides and awesome stuff like that, but they are cumbersome and definitely not fast to use, if you want to just check something. Fortunately I took my time and created.. well myself, but I decided to share.. a table of the (soviet)commanders (germans follow quicker, if you wish so).

I wanted to cut most of the bullshit info out, so everything isn't necessarily self explanatory, if you don't know what the abilities do. I made this mainly as a learning tool for the commanders, so I could quickly check those little things I wanted to know during a loading screen, for example. In time it should render itself useless, and if it does, I will call success.

Soviet Commanders

Good Job, I was also going to do something like that but I wanted to include the cost of each abilities.

Maybe we can join forces.
12 Aug 2013, 23:02 PM

Good idea - even the casters seem to be struggling a lot with this.
12 Aug 2013, 23:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 22:47 PMZ3r07

Good Job, I was also going to do something like that but I wanted to include the cost of each abilities.

Maybe we can join forces.

Hey, if you want to extend the table to costs and whatnot, be my guest. If you feel you could get something useful out of my table (like a frame or just the images), you can freely cut it to pieces and take it. This was initially made only to my own use anyway.
13 Aug 2013, 01:06 AM

Hey, if you want to extend the table to costs and whatnot, be my guest. If you feel you could get something useful out of my table (like a frame or just the images), you can freely cut it to pieces and take it. This was initially made only to my own use anyway.

Very nice, Relic could have done a lot better job with this.

I think it would have been clever if they'd tied features to abilities...So for instance, red scarf guys mean incendiary barrage, round glasses mean guards, and so on. That would have been clever and really helped you learn the commanders.

13 Aug 2013, 01:14 AM
Donator 11

Very nice, Relic could have done a lot better job with this.

I think it would have been clever if they'd tied features to abilities...So for instance, red scarf guys mean incendiary barrage, round glasses mean guards, and so on. That would have been clever and really helped you learn the commanders.

+1
13 Aug 2013, 03:53 AM

Permanently Banned
Thanks for the tables!

And yes, I agree that the Commander and Bulletin mouseover should be active during lobby.

Hopefully this is something that can be implemented eventually!
13 Aug 2013, 06:42 AM

Meantime, it you want to include the costs of the abilities, I'll get it published in the 'Guides' section.

1 small note: change 'Wermacht' to 'Ostheer'.
13 Aug 2013, 06:57 AM

Meantime, it you want to include the costs of the abilities, I'll get it published in the 'Guides' section.

1 small note: change 'Wermacht' to 'Ostheer'.

Didn't know there's a difference, isn't 'ostheer' just like a part of wehrmacht?

Anyway, I'm intriqued by this, because there's still certainly room for the costs. One of the 'design features' was that they could be easily modified, when the game changes.
13 Aug 2013, 07:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Great table. Downloaded :)
13 Aug 2013, 12:55 PM

SOVIET UPDATE

As it was wished for, I included the costs of abilities and also populations into the table without compromising the compactness.

Germans will follow probably tomorrow or so.
13 Aug 2013, 14:40 PM

This is amazing, thanks! I need a reference like this. I have yet to be able to identify what everything does by sight.
13 Aug 2013, 15:08 PM
Donator 11

SOVIET UPDATE

As it was wished for, I included the costs of abilities and also populations into the table without compromising the compactness.

Germans will follow probably tomorrow or so.

nice! thank you!
13 Aug 2013, 17:00 PM
Donator 11

I think this deserves a bump
13 Aug 2013, 20:07 PM

I think it deserves a sticky.
13 Aug 2013, 21:33 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words, people!

Also,

OSTHEER UPDATE

Included the costs to the ostheer table too, enjoy! Please, report any errors here or directly to me, so I can fix them. Cheers!
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★