Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
30 Sep 2015, 21:06 PM
Patrion 14

And can i also add there halftruck becuase of reinforcement ? I can easily win with it engangements (if i use g 43 grens 2 grouped with it) Also i dont think it set me back too much.

Yeah, the ht is great for field presence. I find it is a bit of a player preference issue though, that's why I didn't mention it.

And can you also help me then agains the later stuar captain combo and later on m10 + dozer rampage + vet 3 rifles. Also dont forget mines so quick counterpushes with my tanks isnt all that great idead. Is good to go then for double pak wall and then for oswind/p4 and then for tiger ?

Or you have something better for me ?

If your opponent goes m20 -> Stuart, you should have plenty of time to get out a pak against the stuart. A good time to have a pak is around the 6 minute mark if your opponent sent m20 first.

Tiger works great, but don't forget the humble syug. 2 stugs will shut down armor play from a usf player that is focusing on callin armor, since without a jackson you will easily be able to go toe to toe with his tds. With vet 1, you can shut down all m10 play by jamming turrets,,making them vulnerable. Don't forget to put reller s as you can.

In terms of vet 3 rifles, your best bet is a pair of mg42s supported by puts for sporting. Use the mg42s in a staggered formation to allow them to fall back as your opponent smokes. Remember ghat if you force lots of grenades to be thrown, your opponent won't have the muni for bars/ mines. Ostwind is great if you are comfortable with your at and need help vs. Infantry.
1 Oct 2015, 12:51 PM

A question from me, and yeah.... I need to L2P.

How do you use the Tiger so it have the greatest impact?

I am struggling to keep it alive and dealing sufficient damage for it to be worth it.
1 Oct 2015, 17:31 PM
Donator 11

In a more defensive matter, and quite carefully.

Not like a spearhead tank. More like another, powerful, piece in your combined arms. If the enemy has TDs around, keep some PAKs nearby (or stuff like Stugs), in case of medium spam, PAK and Grens (faust) will help - while at the same time it will properly protect your neat weapon teams and infantry.

Also send some sweepers ahead into unknown territory, and once you feel save enough you can of course roam around with it freely.
8 Oct 2015, 17:39 PM

hey guys! ive had issues with late game infantry. the allies have lots of automatic fire and as an OKW player i dont. volks get wrecked. falls are doctrinal but lose to elite allied commandos or paratroopers. and obersoldaten seem to suck when the allied infantry rushes them! any ideas?

also, is it just me or is the jaegar light infantry much weaker than the panzer fusiliers?
14 Oct 2015, 23:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2015, 17:39 PMteroja
hey guys! ive had issues with late game infantry. the allies have lots of automatic fire and as an OKW player i dont. volks get wrecked. falls are doctrinal but lose to elite allied commandos or paratroopers. and obersoldaten seem to suck when the allied infantry rushes them! any ideas?

also, is it just me or is the jaegar light infantry much weaker than the panzer fusiliers?

Hey answered some of your questions regarding the game in your replay thread.

Jäger light infantry is a bit tricky to use, they have a single g43 sniper rifle, which will snipe models that are below 75 % health. That means you need to use them with a dmg source as they don't make much damage on their own. They are really good to snipe retreating squads and snipe efficiently models when used in pairs.

G43 upgrade on Panzerfüsiliers buffs their dps at all ranges, but especially in close range they becomme strong. You can use them as generalists infantry, since they have 6 men and AT nades to protect your vehicle from flanks.
17 Oct 2015, 17:09 PM

hey strategist,

I like Terror Tactics in 2vs2 or 3vs3. It works fairly well. However, I struggle a bit with the ML 20. At what point should I start to save MP to build it? When do i build it? Where do I build it? What should I target? (beside some OKW truck area, that seems like a no brainer).
thank you, strategist.
17 Oct 2015, 17:23 PM
Donator 11

Save up the MP if you think it will be useful (it's a nice unit, but not always the best choice).
Keep a look at your manpower income counter, which is usually around 200'ish before you reach the CP to unlock it. So start saving up a few minutes before.

Best position? Depends on the map, but as save as possible. Example: on maps like Semois Winter you kinda want to reach the ice in front of the enemies base at least, preferably their HQ as well. Luckily you can just place it right outside of your own base.

Attack soft targets that are most likely to get wiped (MGs, AT guns, mortars, blobbed infantry), or wait for an enemy to retreat infantry forces and fire on their retreat point / HQ.
19 Oct 2015, 20:30 PM

kamk's suggestions are all excellent. Saving the MP is not as important as figuring out when you actually want to use this unit. Currently it feels very niche in larger games (3v3+) because of the off map counters to it remaining so potent.

If you have the MP when it unlocks build one right away, if not you are probably struggling to maintain map presence and bleeding badly, in which case a static unit that requires a well defended line is not your thing. If you don't have the MP but feel you can hold the line stop buying new units and save all of the incoming MP for it. Rarely will this unit radically alter the battle on the first barrage so longevity is critical to get your money's worth.
20 Oct 2015, 16:24 PM

Thank you. I used the ML-20 in a 1v1 game and it was a monster. Then again in 3v3 where it was okay. Game was done soon after I built the howitzer. Only time for a few barrages on an OKW parking lot.

With terror tactics I take Armored Assault in my multiplayer loadout (and Advanced Warfare). Today I got to enjoy the IS2 for the first time. But it did not perform so well. I even had the impression that it did not fire at enemies in sight and range unless I really click on the targets. Is that possible, or was it just my impression because with vet0 it's ROF is so low? Is the IS2 best used defensively?
20 Oct 2015, 17:23 PM

Thank you. I used the ML-20 in a 1v1 game and it was a monster. Then again in 3v3 where it was okay. Game was done soon after I built the howitzer. Only time for a few barrages on an OKW parking lot.

With terror tactics I take Armored Assault in my multiplayer loadout (and Advanced Warfare). Today I got to enjoy the IS2 for the first time. But it did not perform so well. I even had the impression that it did not fire at enemies in sight and range unless I really click on the targets. Is that possible, or was it just my impression because with vet0 it's ROF is so low? Is the IS2 best used defensively?

Maybe you misklicked and acttivated priorize vehicles , then it does not aoutofire on infantry.
I recommend it using like tiger.

Its main battle tank with huge armor (bigger than tiger) and better spash damage. But trade off is slower reload , so this tank cause more squadwipes but less constand damage.

Use it to spearhead your attack with support of at guns other ifnantry and sweeper pios.

Also its at least as good agains tanks as tiger . I think its best russian AT tank (not assault gun) when we dont compare nubers but one to one combat
21 Oct 2015, 16:41 PM

Hello! So I was in a 2v2 playing Ostheer with the Storm Doctrine. And I had lost my 3 panthers to 4 Churchills during a flanking action. What should I've done to counter this?
21 Oct 2015, 19:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Hello! So I was in a 2v2 playing Ostheer with the Storm Doctrine. And I had lost my 3 panthers to 4 Churchills during a flanking action. What should I've done to counter this?

Engage them frontally like KyleAkira has already mentioned. Utilize the range advantage of your Panthers over Churchills to inflict damage whilst not receiving damage from the Churchills. Avoid risky diving/flanking actions with your Panthers and punish over-aggressive charges of the Churchills with Fausts/PaK40s. Churchills suffering from damage engine crits should be easy to deal with with Panthers.

To be able to give more specific advice we need replay(s) of yours. ;)
21 Oct 2015, 22:26 PM

Engage them frontally like KyleAkira has already mentioned. Utilize the range advantage of your Panthers over Churchills to inflict damage whilst not receiving damage from the Churchills. Avoid risky diving/flanking actions with your Panthers and punish over-aggressive charges of the Churchills with Fausts/PaK40s. Churchills suffering from damage engine crits should be easy to deal with with Panthers.

To be able to give more specific advice we need replay(s) of yours. ;)

Thank you for the advice. I unfortunately do not have this replay however I thank both of you for the advice :)
21 Oct 2015, 22:42 PM

Hello comrades. I've been using mines and demo charges a lot to lay traps by dropped weapons, such as PIATs, and unmanned weapons, such as Maxims. Since I usually have better stuff than the enemy, should I either take the weapons and retreat or mine the weapons and such and keep turning them into traps?
22 Oct 2015, 03:49 AM
Donator 11

Hello comrades. I've been using mines and demo charges a lot to lay traps by dropped weapons, such as PIATs, and unmanned weapons, such as Maxims. Since I usually have better stuff than the enemy, should I either take the weapons and retreat or mine the weapons and such and keep turning them into traps?

A decent opponent will fall for it once, then probably never again.

Grabbing any kind of weapon is usually never a bad idea, and will deny the weapon more properly, while boosting your own squads significantly (though do keep your own reinforcement costs in mind, and what the purpose of the grabbing squad is).

Later on just destroy team weapons via attack move, or start booby trapping - things like this tend to be overlooked more often in the heat of a battle / if you stress your enemy / if there's a lot of stuff around.
aaa
2 Nov 2015, 13:23 PM

Cant vehicle move commands be queued? Esp r. move.
Its not working for me
2 Nov 2015, 16:18 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2015, 13:23 PMaaa
Cant vehicle move commands be queued? Esp r. move.
Its not working for me

Works properly for me, in both directions.

You did hold your shift key, right?
aaa
2 Nov 2015, 16:35 PM

sure I did. Doesnt work only with vehicles. It moves to the the position of the last click
2 Nov 2015, 17:17 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2015, 16:35 PMaaa
sure I did. Doesnt work only with vehicles. It moves to the the position of the last click

You probably let go of the shift key too early. Try it out in an "offline" custom match.
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS