Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
22 Jul 2015, 12:21 PM
Patrion 15

Ok, given how light armour seems to have sped up in this patch (as in, arrives sooner) how much of a T1 should I be going as Ost?

2 Grens & MG > Tech > Gren > Scout Car? Or something different?

Also, same question as Soviet - should I do a lighter T0/1/2 and try and rush a T70? When should I discount this option and head straight for a 34?

I think I'm making life hard on myself by going squad heavy in the first few minutes when I should tech faster.
22 Jul 2015, 13:38 PM
Patrion 14

Ok, given how light armour seems to have sped up in this patch (as in, arrives sooner) how much of a T1 should I be going as Ost?

2 Grens & MG > Tech > Gren > Scout Car? Or something different?

Also, same question as Soviet - should I do a lighter T0/1/2 and try and rush a T70? When should I discount this option and head straight for a 34?

I think I'm making life hard on myself by going squad heavy in the first few minutes when I should tech faster.

For USF, you should tech to t2 as quickly as you can on most games, without giving up to much presence in the early game. This means typically getting 4 t1 units. 5 if you want a mortar.

The 222 will be effective vs. anything lighter than a stuart, but a pak is usually easier to use vs. The usf AAHT and the stuart.

The new soviet t3 will be a pain to deal with. This is mainly because of the M5 ht. When upgraded, it can run around suppressing and killing your infantry. The best counter is to find a way to trick it. Plant a teller in a defensive location, and bait the M5 over it by leaving your pak "open". Be careful though, an M5 with no upgrade can carry two squads, meaning that it could have flamer, guards, or sweepers synergizing inside. Oddly enough, sweepers can spot mines from open topped vehicles.

Remember that 2 222s can beat a soviet AAHT, or an su76. The t70 us harder to kill, but can be dealt with in a similar manner.

Stick away from pgrens with schrecks. They are only really useful in buildings and ambushes vs. Light armor. They will miss quite often.

As soviets, you should tech to t3 as quickly as possible. Vs. Ostheer, you don't need flamer m3s, so a sniper t1 strat or a t2 start can both work. Remember that maxims are actually useful this patch.

Rushing the soviet AAHT will be your best bet. It will give you huge map presence with its dps and ability to reinforce, while also being capable of countering singular 222s, flack hts, and 251s by itself. If you find yourself using multiple maxims, remember that the AAHT synergies very well with soviet weapon teams.

The su76 is great in a support role. Get 1-2 to support your infantry and protect them from armor.

The t70 is a great unit, but you will find the M5 to be the better unit with the aa upgrade.

As soviets, going an extended t3 will never be a hindrance to you this patch. You have access to great ai, great at, and free artillery barrages. You only really need to tech to t4 when there Is a large amount of at in the game. You should never feel too pressured.

One last tip. As soviets, lend lease commander will be great for heavy t3 builds. The supply drop will give you access to fuel, while you never have to tech to t4 thanks to the still callin m4ac.the dshk is great to support t1 and conscript openings, and the M5 ht assault group can give you access to elite infantry.
22 Jul 2015, 15:23 PM

What do you guys think of the OKW P4, I was playing some games and it almost seemed like by the time I have the headquarters up and 135 fuel might as well wait to get a panther.
22 Jul 2015, 19:32 PM
Donator 11

What do you guys think of the OKW P4, I was playing some games and it almost seemed like by the time I have the headquarters up and 135 fuel might as well wait to get a panther.

For 2v2+: Thinking pretty much the same.
I prefer to wait the 2 minutes and get my AT Panther up, instead of having a generalist. But that's mainly my playstyle.

But on the other hand: P4 is the perfect stop gap between Luchs and Panther. Good armor for a medium, decent pen, speed, ROF, and less nerfed Blitz. I think it has it's place.
If you already got enough AT around, then a P4 is a good option. And especially if you want to suicide rush some Katyushas / Priests, etc - better Blitz, higher ROF, cheaper. Or if you want to scale with AI in a better way - OKW P4 has seriously fancy veterancy.
28 Jul 2015, 16:09 PM
Donator 11

If I equip OKW Sturmpios with minesweepers and deactivate the minesweeper (because it will replace one STG) do they still have the repair speed buff?

And how big is the repair speed buff in numbers btw.?
5 Aug 2015, 08:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 16:09 PMSwonVIP
If I equip OKW Sturmpios with minesweepers and deactivate the minesweeper (because it will replace one STG) do they still have the repair speed buff?

And how big is the repair speed buff in numbers btw.?

Yes, they do. If you put minesweeper away, they still repair faster.

As for the specific numbers, I'm not sure, but SP without sweeper, repair 50% damage KT in less than extra 10secs when compare to sweepers.
aaa
30 Aug 2015, 10:33 AM

heavy mortar vs s mines (and mimes in general). Is it working or not?

How much time it takes for mortar to clear mine field?
30 Aug 2015, 11:10 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 10:33 AMaaa
heavy mortar vs s mines (and mimes in general). Is it working or not?

How much time it takes for mortar to clear mine field?

Any mortar works vs mines, it just has to hit.

In case of s-mines you need a half way decent saturation of those fields.
aaa
30 Aug 2015, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 11:10 AMkamk

Any mortar works vs mines, it just has to hit.

im sorry but what you say is strange for me. I dont understand how long it takes to clear s mines field with mortar.
30 Aug 2015, 11:50 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 11:32 AMaaa

im sorry but what you say is strange for me. I dont understand how long it takes to clear s mines field with mortar.

S-mines isn't just one mine, it's little patches of mines.
How long it takes? Depends on how well your mortar hits, how many patches have been built, etc.
3 Sep 2015, 16:08 PM

How should i use the airlanding officer?
6 Sep 2015, 16:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 16:08 PMUrmel
How should i use the airlanding officer?

Like you use commandos

They have the same guns,same models,and an OP "rally" ability(that works with the squad itself,so you dont need other squads to take advantage of it. It doesnt break suppression,keep that in mind) on top of it, except they cant camo and they have 4 men instead of 5. The recon ability at vet 1 is cheap,and should be used before you attack or to find a clear path to perform a tactical insertion with your commandos you buy from the glider.
7 Sep 2015, 11:54 AM

I have a question :
Just played a 2v2 (OSTOST VS UKUK) map where one of our british opponent managed to lock a big part
of the map by using the folowing combinaison :
-a Bofors emplacement (funny part : in french bofor could mean "beautifulstrong")
-a mortar emplacement
-an AT gun
-MAYBE a MG but i am not sure

We managed to break the coconut, but at a hefty price and using a combinaison of T4 OST units from different position.

Is there a simple answer to that situation? seizing the rest of the map is ok but still frustrating.
The bofor seem to dish an absurd amound of Anti infantry dammage which is ok for an immobile defense with a huge cost. the problem was it was both anti-everything we throw at it (light vehicles, mortars, Stug) and immune to everything (a pantherV took an hour to break it only to see it repaired and recrewed quickly).
7 Sep 2015, 14:10 PM

Speaking of snipers, are the british emplacement vulnerable to snipershoot (run after fire!)? I know that OKW flak-place is sadly very weak to russian snipers.
7 Sep 2015, 17:40 PM
Donator 11

Speaking of snipers, are the british emplacement vulnerable to snipershoot (run after fire!)? I know that OKW flak-place is sadly very weak to russian snipers.

Nope, they can't be decrewed by snipers.
9 Sep 2015, 04:35 AM

Hello anybody here has any viable strat for Brit, for me it all boils down to Bofor + Mortar + Forward Assembly and guard 1 VP/fuel while waiting for Churchill + Anvil Engineer blob. IS bleeds too much MP to be mobile and dual ISG or mortar HT just rekt everything else.
9 Sep 2015, 07:34 AM
Patrion 14

Hello anybody here has any viable strat for Brit, for me it all boils down to Bofor + Mortar + Forward Assembly and guard 1 VP/fuel while waiting for Churchill + Anvil Engineer blob. IS bleeds too much MP to be mobile and dual ISG or mortar HT just rekt everything else.

When it comes down to it, it's all down to personal preference. You seem to like a more defensive build, but I personally like more aggressive tactics.

Starting IS > Vickers > IS > UC > tech > RE > AEC is a fairly solid start I find, vs. Both factions.

Its biggest weakness is the ostheer sniper, but I usually manage to counter it through map choice and UC + vickers flanks. AEC also does quite well, if you are lucky or get a clean shot into his base.
21 Sep 2015, 16:52 PM

Hi just started using this sigt properly, I have got myself into a bit of a rut with my game play I rely heavily on the tactical map and find it my most valuable asset in 1v1 as things get a bit hectic and you get a good over view.
However with me jumping in and out of the tac' map I can't use hot keys due to lack of coordination which in turn leads to some silly mistakes with miss clicks loosing valuable squads and or armour.

So is there a way to re do key bindings in or out of the game? (bear in mind I am not very tec savvy). It would be nice to have the basics retreat, reverse, attack move and tac map under my left hand.

I know this isn't a strat question really but it could make my starts come out of my head and into the game rather than looking like a cluster ****.
21 Sep 2015, 17:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hi just started using this sigt properly, I have got myself into a bit of a rut with my game play I rely heavily on the tactical map and find it my most valuable asset in 1v1 as things get a bit hectic and you get a good over view.
However with me jumping in and out of the tac' map I can't use hot keys due to lack of coordination which in turn leads to some silly mistakes with miss clicks loosing valuable squads and or armour.

So is there a way to re do key bindings in or out of the game? (bear in mind I am not very tec savvy). It would be nice to have the basics retreat, reverse, attack move and tac map under my left hand.

I know this isn't a strat question really but it could make my starts come out of my head and into the game rather than looking like a cluster ****.

This app allows you to create your own hotkeys by automatically creating an autohotkey script for you
http://www.coh2.org/topic/18454/celo--company-of-elo

If you dont know how to use autohotkey I can explain it further

For the tacmap, well it depends on what button you want it to be, I dont think CELO itself allows you to set the tacmap.

Here are some examples though,you can put these into the autohotkey script and itll change the tacmap to the button you want(unless you want it on the mouse,then thats more complicated)

ButtonYouWant:ButtonYoureReplacing(Tacmap Numpad0)

Tab:Numpad0
Shift:Numpad0
Space:Numpad0

Just kidding I just checked,CELO lets you set the tacmap too :snfPeter:
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #