Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
22 Apr 2015, 19:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Thanks, but most players at a above average level fake their tech structures ontop of each other so you cant really "scout" their tech structure through the fog of war. And since sWs scouting is too risky now you really have to take a gamble somtimes as okw in the first few minutes. Now against molo we all know he goes t1 so i always build mechanized to counter but guard rifles in clown car make quick work of the 251. I guess in this particular instance he is just outplaying me and I need to work on micro and consolidate my forces to stop these early strong pushes and not be able to harass my opponent effectively

Thanks for the reply and i will try to implement your suggestions, especially the ghost wiring

You can still scout base structures even if they fake it. if you played coh1 you might remember that pro players used to select a squad and search for green cover in teh fog of war on terrair where green cover was not available. Why?
Because green cover indicated a cloaked pak and in COH2 you can now do something similar with the base structures.
Select a squad and hover over the supposed tech structure, if it's built you will see your grey cover icons snap around a hidden square (tier1) or rectangle (tier2) but if cover icons just behave normally it means he cancelled it.
Additionally if you have XP markers enabled you will see the XP popup in the fog of war as soon as the building is complete. i dont exactly know the buildtimes but it should be around 30 seconds.
23 Apr 2015, 06:51 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Oh cool, didnt know the cover snapping into certain shapes. Guess I'm still a long roads away from becoming good at this game in all its nuances. :)
aaa
24 Apr 2015, 01:38 AM

Have a question. TH commander gives you PMD-6M anti tank mines.
1. for how much time heavy tank stop moving if hit by this mine?
2. Doesnt it do any damage to tanks\infantry?

In general I really need unit test map. To see how mines and greanes do vs different enemy units. Considering that veted cons throw "assault grenades" further
24 Apr 2015, 02:52 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 01:38 AMaaa
Have a question. TH commander gives you PMD-6M anti tank mines.
1. for how much time heavy tank stop moving if hit by this mine?
2. Doesnt it do any damage to tanks\infantry?

In general I really need unit test map. To see how mines and greanes do vs different enemy units. Considering that veted cons throw "assault grenades" further

1.) The mine deals a regular "stun" status effect, which I believe lasts for 6 seconds.

2). The light AT mine does no damage to vehicles, and can't be set off by infantry (but it acts like an s-mine field when shot).
14 May 2015, 18:35 PM

1) I use mortar smoke on enemy PAK 43 will it autofire at my tank if there is other enemy units that stay out of smoke area and able to see my tank?

2) I use mortar smoke on enemy Jagdpanzer4 will it autofire at my tank if there is other enemy units that stay out of smoke area and able to see my tank?

Yes/no
14 May 2015, 19:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge

1) I use mortar smoke on enemy PAK 43 will it autofire at my tank if there is other enemy units that stay out of smoke area and able to see my tank?

2) I use mortar smoke on enemy Jagdpanzer4 will it autofire at my tank if there is other enemy units that stay out of smoke area and able to see my tank?

Yes/no

No in both cases.

Be careful about "attack the ground" though since your foe knows the position of your tank if he spots it with other units.
21 May 2015, 22:38 PM

1) 2) 3) How much HP has OKW buildings Shwere pz, FHQ and so on (only those which can be deployed).

How much damage deals arties:

4) Time on target arty

5) 240 Howitzer barrage

6) 155 artillery barrage

7) IR Pathfinders arty

8) Major Arty
22 May 2015, 12:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Schwerer HQ: 1,600

Battlegroup and Mechanized: 1920

Considering the artillery shells scatter randomly in the circle theres no set amount of hitpoints lost per barrage,but you can realistically expect to deal 800-1100 damage for Time on target,155 mm,and IR Pathfinders depending on if your shells scatter or not.

All artillery shells except armor company 240mm do 120 damage a hit.

Armor does 320 if it does manage to hit.

Armor company and major barrage is not reliable or worth the munitions for attacking OKW buildings because of their accuracy

22 May 2015, 17:31 PM
Patrion 15

i got a couple of question concerning recrewing team weapons:

which statistics of the soldiers get carried over to the new formed team?

say i recrew a mg42 with panzergrenadiers -
do the new mg 42 crew fire mp44s?
does the crew keep the 80% incomming accuracy statistic of the PGs?

say i recrew with Pioneers - does the mg keep the increased vision range?

in general: i remember some general malus for weapon crews - 125% received damage or something like that. does a newly recrewed weapon keep this?

thanks in advance for the answers :)
22 May 2015, 19:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

i got a couple of question concerning recrewing team weapons:

which statistics of the soldiers get carried over to the new formed team?

say i recrew a mg42 with panzergrenadiers -
do the new mg 42 crew fire mp44s?
does the crew keep the 80% incomming accuracy statistic of the PGs?

say i recrew with Pioneers - does the mg keep the increased vision range?

in general: i remember some general malus for weapon crews - 125% received damage or something like that. does a newly recrewed weapon keep this?

thanks in advance for the answers :)

Yes it does keep the basic team weapon received accuracy(which balances the fact that a maxim re crewed with shocks would have armor)

,as compesation you get the squads BASE weapons.

A panzergrenadier crewed MG42 will be extremely powerful and hard to flank because it will have MP44s. But it will also have panzergrenasier reinforce cost.
A pioneer crewed MG will keep pio view range and their SMGs.

A vet 3 pathfinder crewed 50 cal will have normal rifles,not the "critical" sniper, because that's not their "base" weapon, and they will also have the pathfinder's VET 0 sight boost instead of vet 3 boost because crewing a weapon does not transfer veterancy bonuses or veterancy.

24 May 2015, 08:34 AM

Withdraw and Refit

1) How many resources I get back? 100%?
24 May 2015, 16:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Withdraw and Refit

1) How many resources I get back? 100%?

Mechanized Company Guide
It returns 75% of a vehicle's fuel and manpower cost. It does not return munitions.
25 May 2015, 21:12 PM

Luftwaffe Supply

Medical Supply - how much boni did it bring you? Can somebody give me the direct stats?
25 May 2015, 21:26 PM
Benefactor 392

what do you think about the infantry support gun for the OKW, what maps would you recommend it on?
25 May 2015, 21:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

what do you think about the infantry support gun for the OKW, what maps would you recommend it on?

I like it alot.

Maps with alot of shotblockers like stalingrad,La Gleize 1v1,and Ettelbruck arent good for these guns because it does that stupid high arc shot.

But open maps like Minsk,Kharkov,Crossing in the woods,Vaux farmlands,angoville...maps that allow the direct fire mode to be utilized.. are purely amazing for the LEIG and pack howitzer.
26 May 2015, 02:34 AM
Donator 11

Luftwaffe Supply

Medical Supply - how much boni did it bring you? Can somebody give me the direct stats?

healing when out of combat
inc accuracy of 0.87
acc of 1.15
26 May 2015, 12:27 PM

Thanks for that. Looks good!
10 Jun 2015, 19:06 PM

Whats the difference between normal shermans and easy eights?
10 Jun 2015, 21:57 PM
Donator 11

Whats the difference between normal shermans and easy eights?

in a nutshell:
E8 = more armor, way more pen, is more pricy, doctrinal, no HE
basic Sherman therefore = less armor, less pen, is cheaper (but has tech costs), non-doctrinal, has HE rounds

The basic Sherman is really great vs. infantry with HE rounds, and somehow okay'ish vs. other tanks with AP, the E8 is the way better allrounder overall, and easier to micro / more forgiving if you face enemy mediums.

Exact stats can be found here:
http://www.coh2-stats.com/
Or in this fancy google doc which even includes vet boni:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kzY9-UwZSQ19_EL3LTZoBHjMCwD1ZaDrEtedjKap4wM/edit?pli=1#gid=1422017161
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS