Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
15 Jul 2014, 17:06 PM

Idiotic question but how do I exactly make my mortar set up without telling it to fire at something.

I had a problem few times that my morter declined to set up until I ordered a barrage somewhere.

Select your mortar squad(s), hold down the right mouse button and select an orientation. The team will then set up facing the direction you point to by releasing the right mouse button.
16 Jul 2014, 14:59 PM

Got a question.

Does flamethrower and explosives(Grenades) damage go up and down depending on the cover the target is in? I seem to notice that negative cover helps them last flame attacks and explosives better.
16 Jul 2014, 15:04 PM

Are hotkeys essential? I only really used T (retreat) and R (reinforce) otherwise I mostly point and click. I should say that I use my arrow keys to move the window around which frees up my mouse a bit, but I do find that against good players I can have problems getting a grenade off faster than them.

16 Jul 2014, 15:09 PM
Donator 11

The better the cover, the better the damage of flamethrower weapons.

With explosive devices its the opposite; the better the cover, the less damage they receive.
17 Jul 2014, 04:19 AM

The better the cover the better the damage of flamethrower weapons.
So Red Cover rede the rechnen damage of flamethrower Button increases the damage ob any other weapon.
With explosive devices its the opposite the better the cover the less damage they receive

No wonder I managed to burn 3 of 6 MG crew with the flamethrower. Thanks mate.
17 Jul 2014, 14:49 PM

explosives in houses is different, no?

17 Jul 2014, 14:55 PM

Depends on the type of explosive; a grenade is technically an explosive but its damage is mitigated by the number of entities' distance to its explosion origin and the size of the building.

Obviously if an explosive takes half the health of a building then chances are, you'd want to avoid it either way :P
28 Jul 2014, 11:21 AM

Do caches grant extra income to OKW allies?
28 Jul 2014, 11:38 AM

Yes they do, the only income-boosting mechanism that no longer grants OKW additional income is the Opel Blitz Truck.
28 Jul 2014, 13:05 PM

Thx! I guess it will be +2 in case of fuel for the OKW player?
28 Jul 2014, 13:14 PM

You are correct.
3 Aug 2014, 13:48 PM

Got a question regarding Machineguns.
I saw at COH2 stats website and it shows that the MG42's suppression is higher than the Maxim but in game the Maxim always seem to be the better gun. Does accuracy affect suppression? Does suppression only take effect when the bullet hits the target?
4 Aug 2014, 05:52 AM

Suppression is unaffected by accuracy.

If I understand it correctly (unlikely) then two things are important to suppression:
  • Bullets fired
  • Suppression value per bullet

That's it. Accuracy, scatter, all of that doesn't matter.

Technically the Maxim does .017 suppression per shot while the MG42 does .012 per shot: The maxim puts out more suppression per-bullet (~40% more). It fires half as fast at long range (it's fire-rate seems to improve quicker at closer ranges) though so that only helps it counteract it's lesser fire-rate.

I'm not really good enough with the stats to tell you which one is actually better. I do know that the MG42 has far better AoE suppression (which affects squads near the one you're targeting).
4 Aug 2014, 06:45 AM

If I understand it correctly (unlikely) then two things are important to suppression:
  • Bullets fired

Technically the Maxim does .017 suppression per shot while the MG42 does .012 per shot: The maxim puts out more suppression per-bullet (~40% more). It fires half as fast at long range (it's fire-rate seems to improve quicker at closer ranges) though so that only helps it counteract it's lesser fire-rate.

I'm not really good enough with the stats to tell you which one is actually better. I do know that the MG42 has far better AoE suppression (which affects squads near the one you're targeting).
You're right. No wonder the maxim suppresses first. I saw suppression for a full burst. But that still does not explain why I saw a Rifle squad did not get suppressed by one full burst from the MG42 but got suppressed from his teammate's maxim which I stole just a few minutes later.
5 Aug 2014, 19:22 PM
Patrion 14

• Bullets fired

There is one more factor affecting suppression I believe. Certain units like obersoldatan (especially with bulletins)have a stat that allows them to take less suppresion per bullet. This is why you may see different units be suppressed in different amounts of time (conscripts vs. shocks).
18 Aug 2014, 15:57 PM

Do Tiger bulletins give bonuses to the Tiger Ace?
19 Aug 2014, 06:32 AM

Hello Strategists.

Our Issue: Massive infantry with Big Tanks (late game) in 2v2 (we are usf/sov)
Germans build massive infantry (Volks with shreks, Jaeger infantry, Fallschirmjaeger etc) followed by heave tanks (Tiger, Jagdtiger).
We struggle with the infantry blob if they have the chance to come close to M8A1 or AA Halftrack they simply shred with fausts.
Mass MGs does not win either due to lelg/mortar.
Since we have to put fuel into anti-infantry our AT is poorly. Later, the blob is followed by Jagdtigers/Kingtigers/Tigers etc. Even in good games (where we have some AT (SU-85,M36,EasyEight)) we cant just go and fight the jagdtiger since we will just be crushed by infantry with fausts (can just demolish USF tanks frontal, su85 from rear).
How do you deal with infantry blob and heavy tanks?

Thanks for your advice
19 Aug 2014, 07:09 AM

Do Tiger bulletins give bonuses to the Tiger Ace?

No, they do not.

Hello Strategists.

Our Issue: Massive infantry with Big Tanks (late game) in 2v2 (we are usf/sov)
Germans build massive infantry (Volks with shreks, Jaeger infantry, Fallschirmjaeger etc) followed by heave tanks (Tiger, Jagdtiger).
We struggle with the infantry blob if they have the chance to come close to M8A1 or AA Halftrack they simply shred with fausts.
Mass MGs does not win either due to lelg/mortar.
Since we have to put fuel into anti-infantry our AT is poorly. Later, the blob is followed by Jagdtigers/Kingtigers/Tigers etc. Even in good games (where we have some AT (SU-85,M36,EasyEight)) we cant just go and fight the jagdtiger since we will just be crushed by infantry with fausts (can just demolish USF tanks frontal, su85 from rear).
How do you deal with infantry blob and heavy tanks?

Thanks for your advice

This is one of those questions that is extremely difficult to explain and give tips for specifically due to the nature of how games play out different in different situations (sometimes even differently in the same situation). I would suggest Mechanised (Guards, ISU-152) as the backbone for your Soviet player with a focus on either Maxims / Snipers to support the advances of the American player. After this point, the game is primarily in your hands provided you keep up a decent amount of pressure with either snipers / maxims and tech appropriately. If I am going Snipers, I usually build 1 immediately followed by 3 Conscripts or I just go straight up double Snipers. My maxim play is similar except I get 1 maxim initially followed by a Conscript, filled by another 2 maxims afterwards.

Since I am talking about 2 players here and not one, it would take a whole guide to give you some examples but do check out some of our team guides to see if there's anything that you guys haven't tried or that can help you. If you need further help I would recommend uploading a replay and sending it to me of a game you really struggled with.

Hope this helped.

19 Aug 2014, 12:55 PM

Hi Strategists

What does RNG stand for?

What are the differences between the 2 USF weapon upgrades (BAR and the doctrinal one), which is better in which situation?

OKW has:
AI grenades, with very short fuse and no need to unlocking.
AT infantry.
Infantry which excels in melee range.
Infantry with no munition cost LMG which excels in long range battles.
A heavy tank.
A light AA vehicle without munition costs which wipes infantry squads over pretty high in seconds and suppresses.
All non-doctrinal.

What justifies this against the Red Army without any of these.

Is the Red Army AA-half-track worth its price, as it doesn't seem to suppress and doesn't do big damage to infantry and couldn't shot down a StuKa flying above it for minutes, of was it just bad luck?

If prestige means your level is +100, what does it mean to my, that I have to fight people over 100 levels over me? (I am lvl 75 my opponents around lvl 25+prestige -75+prestige)

Do you think it's ok if I justify a defeat by blaming my bad PC and the disadvantage of starting at least 20 seconds later (I am not complaining towards my opponent)?
19 Aug 2014, 13:39 PM

Hi Strategists

What does RNG stand for?

What are the differences between the 2 USF weapon upgrades (BAR and the doctrinal one), which is better in which situation?

RNG stands for "Random Number generator (generation)" which basically implies an aspect of the game is involved in a simple roll of the dice or "luck". This is not entirely correct as this game uses controlled RNG often termed as Pseudo-RNG which selects values from a specific range (an example is the damage of an AT grenade, it can either penetrate, deal damage and cause an engine critical or it can be deflected and cause deflection damage. The game decides for you which of the above scenarios - there are others - will be chosen depending on a number of in-game factors).

The BAR is a non-doctrinal weapon upgrade that costs 60 munitions which is designed to be utilised as a short-range weapon with your riflemen. Without going into too many details, it significantly boosts the DPS (damage per second) of your riflemen in short-range engagements.

The M1919 LMG is the Infantry's company 3 CP doctrinal weapon upgrade for your riflemen which also costs 60 munition but is designed for longer ranges. Currently, it outperforms the BAR and even suppresses infantry with defensive stance so I would argue that it is just a straight up better weapon in general (albeit being doctrinal).

Is the Red Army AA-half-track worth its price, as it doesn't seem to suppress and doesn't do big damage to infantry and couldn't shot down a StuKa flying above it for minutes, of was it just bad luck?

The M5 half-truck is a great anti-infantry support vehicle that provides a forward reinforce point on the battlefield. It's AA damage isn't the best but it is capable of taking down planes. It's not particularly reliable in that sense but is the only dedicated AA Soviets have besides the HMG gunners on tanks.

If prestige means your level is +100, what does it mean to my, that I have to fight people over 100 levels over me? (I am lvl 75 my opponents around lvl 25+prestige -75+prestige)

That's the way automatch functions; if a game for your ELO is not found, the search is expanded to a pool where you may be matched up with anyone in the interest of finding both of you a game to prevent long queue times. Prestige simply shows an equivalent figure of how much time a user's played the game, not necessarily how skilled or highly ranked they are.

Do you think it's ok if I justify a defeat by blaming my bad PC and the disadvantage of starting at least 20 seconds later (I am not complaining towards my opponent)?

No, you can offset a disadvantage and consider that when you're reviewing the game to improve but solely blaming your loss outright on 20 seconds absence or your bad PC is not a good mentality. If your performance is bad, improve it through tweaking/upgrades/updates etc so you're playing at a FPS that you can perform at your best with.

Hope these helped.

PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
France 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %