Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
22 Apr 2014, 16:57 PM
Patrion 310

Who would have thought that... just like in real life... :(.
27 Apr 2014, 03:39 AM

Is there a viable way to counter sniper, clowncar spam?

In 2v2 we just bleed MP and then getting fast scout cars doesn't help b/c they'll get guards that'll make quick work of the scout cars.

I can't think of any fast way to counter this before the dmg is done and they have T34s.
21 May 2014, 19:13 PM

Hi guys. I'd like to ask a few questions.

1. What means AoE?

2. What means those 3 diferente values in Penetration? Eg.: 220.0/200.0/180.0

3. What's the diference between Damage and Penetration?

Thanks!
21 May 2014, 19:16 PM

Hi guys. I'd like to ask a few questions.

1. What means AoE?

2. What means those 3 diferente values in Penetration? Eg.: 220.0/200.0/180.0

3. What's the diference between Damage and Penetration?

Thanks!

I'm not a strategist but I can answer...

1. Area of effect

2. I believe they are for different ranges

3. When a shot penetrates the armor of a vehicle it inflicts damage. If it doesn't penetrate there's no damage inflicted to the vehicle, I believe this also applies to soldier armor which only shock troops carry
22 May 2014, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2014, 19:16 PMTNrg

I'm not a strategist but I can answer...

Thanks!
26 Jun 2014, 00:46 AM

How do you properly spot for your tanks in the mid to lategame ?
Sending in infantry first might result in quite a slaughter and i feel like units like the Kübelwagen are also not advised bc of their low health.
27 Jun 2014, 01:55 AM

How do you properly spot for your tanks in the mid to lategame ?
Sending in infantry first might result in quite a slaughter and i feel like units like the Kübelwagen are also not advised bc of their low health.

When it comes down to it infantry basically have to screen for tanks if you want any semblance of safety with your movements. When I say "screen" I mean "scout for threats".

There are options for each side though

OKW: IR-Halftrack can help spot threats before you move forward. Panzerfusiliers are infantry with good sight range and excel in this role. Volksgrenadiers are cheap and durable so they screen well. Scouting is a natural weakness of this side. Some units like the Jagdpanzer IV get bonus vision range from veteran levels though.

US: Multiple doctrines have Pathfinder infantry who have good vision. The Major has ability called Recon Sweep that he can use to scout areas briefly with planes. This is better for finding traps than providing consistent vision. American forces struggle with scouting the most unless they use Pathfinders or are playing the Recon Support Company which has like 12 scouting powers.

Soviets: T-70 Light tank has recon power, Snipers can use flares or camouflage to spot for tanks, SU-85/ISU-152 "Focused Sight" ability gives good cone vision and veteran ability doubles sight, Conscripts are cheap and screen for tanks, M3A1 has good vision radius, commander ability "Recon Overflight" gives good vision.

Wehrmacht/Ostheer: 221 Scout Car has excellent vision range, spotting scope doubles the vision of any tank when standing still (combine 222 Scout Car and Spotting Scope for a map-hack style vision range), Ostruppen are cheap and make good scouts, "Recon Overflight" commander power is plentiful.

Your basic infantry is your best bet most of the time. Use garrison-able buildings whenever possible as these massively boost the spotting range of infantry.
3 Jul 2014, 21:29 PM

@helpinghans

will you make out with me???
6 Jul 2014, 11:22 AM

Anybody has a any success with the Scavenger doctrine in 1v1? The thorough salvage bonus feels minimal, the Jaeger inf has crazy reinforce cost, and Ostwind arrives too late.
6 Jul 2014, 22:28 PM

How do i deal with maxim spam in 1v1 as OKW ?
i can link a replay if somebody can tell me how to insert it in a post - dont see any attachment button ... ( dont mean to link a replay that i upload to the site seperately )
7 Jul 2014, 05:52 AM
Patrion 15

How do i deal with maxim spam in 1v1 as OKW ?
i can link a replay if somebody can tell me how to insert it in a post - dont see any attachment button ... ( dont mean to link a replay that i upload to the site seperately )
Elite infantry deal w/ maxims quite well. An ober squad in green cover will win outright against a maxim, and falls are good to pop out behind and clear them. In the early game dont bother with volks, 2 sturmpio squads and a kubel if you know he went T2 to start off with work well. The kubel can supress the maxim and you can use your sturmpios to flank and finish. Rinse and repeat. Start T1, get a ISG and go T4 for obers and a Pz2.
Hux
7 Jul 2014, 05:59 AM
Patrion 14

What was your favourite moment in Vcoh/Coh2 tournament history?
7 Jul 2014, 07:00 AM

Anybody has a any success with the Scavenger doctrine in 1v1? The thorough salvage bonus feels minimal, the Jaeger inf has crazy reinforce cost, and Ostwind arrives too late.

I've had decent success with the Scavenger commander. I usually make 2 Volks, 1 Kubel if I feel the map suits it and add on a Sturmpioneer. Any infantry I lose gets replaced by Jaegers and there's the option of an Ostwind which is actually quite a reliable AI tank. Couple that with some Rakettenwerfers, 1-2 shrecks, a puma and you have a pretty formidable army. The real key to this strategy is knowing when to use the ostwind (both calling it in and engaging the enemy) and when to invest resources elsewhere or pick engagements that are most certainly going to let you escape since the OKW have no real oh-shit measures if you encounter a random tank with the Ostwind.

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
7 Jul 2014, 09:59 AM

I've had decent success with the Scavenger commander. I usually make 2 Volks, 1 Kubel if I feel the map suits it and add on a Sturmpioneer. Any infantry I lose gets replaced by Jaegers and there's the option of an Ostwind which is actually quite a reliable AI tank. Couple that with some Rakettenwerfers, 1-2 shrecks, a puma and you have a pretty formidable army. The real key to this strategy is knowing when to use the ostwind (both calling it in and engaging the enemy) and when to invest resources elsewhere or pick engagements that are most certainly going to let you escape since the OKW have no real oh-shit measures if you encounter a random tank with the Ostwind.

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thx, the real problem for me in this doctrine is that there is no reliable anti-blob measure, Jaeger + Volk + Sturmpio just not enough against the rifleman horde and spending fuel on Ostwind feels really dangerous when u know there is a T-34 or Sherman out there.
7 Jul 2014, 11:46 AM

I'm rather busy lately to experiment with new strategies, but the 0 CP call-in Ostruppen Squad caught my attention and I really would like to know what the general feel is with them. Do they really under-perform against any other infantry? Can they still win against US riflemen if it is 2 squad against 1? What strategies are usually used when faced with Ostruppen horde?
7 Jul 2014, 12:10 PM

For Soviet: Maxim or Shocks will melt them hard, for US: .30calrifleman or airborne and you're good. Just watch out for the MG42 behind them, pure Osttruppen spam is suicide because these guys can't kill anything except double faust M3.
7 Jul 2014, 13:03 PM

Elite infantry deal w/ maxims quite well. An ober squad in green cover will win outright against a maxim, and falls are good to pop out behind and clear them. In the early game dont bother with volks, 2 sturmpio squads and a kubel if you know he went T2 to start off with work well. The kubel can supress the maxim and you can use your sturmpios to flank and finish. Rinse and repeat. Start T1, get a ISG and go T4 for obers and a Pz2.

this leaves you completely vulnerable for the incoming tankspam of soviets. i got overrun by t34
10 Jul 2014, 16:34 PM

Hello Strategists,

What three commanders do you take into 1v1 as Soviets this month? How and when do you decide which to choose as the game develops?
15 Jul 2014, 09:05 AM

Hello Strategists,

What three commanders do you take into 1v1 as Soviets this month? How and when do you decide which to choose as the game develops?

Depends entirely on what you usually like to play with of course but for me, I'd roll with something like:

Shock Rifle Frontline

A great, beefy all-round commander that has a great heavy tank call in, a KV-8, Shock support and a very strong area denial artillery that is not to be underestimated.

I usually choose Frontline when I am relying on the map being smaller, tighter and more constricted to maneuver properly for flanking and as such, a direct spearhead attack is often required. Shocks are great to set up ambushes and flank around corners as well as holding the line with their 1.5 armour. You have a selection of 3 options with this commander: you can rely on ZiS guns and grab a KV-8 as your main composition, delay for an IS-2 with T34 / ZiS / Maxim support or you can straight up Blitz it with T3 armour but this does not fully capitalise on the commander's capabilities.

Guard Motor Coordination

A staple favourite for a good number of players, and for good reason; provides great support in terms of Guards infantry which are potent against both vehicles, tanks (to a lesser extent) and infantry (with DPs upgraded). These buggers have button which is extremely useful to have as a defensive, or as an offensive ability and are a great addition to almost any army composition. T34/85s still remain a very serious threat with their mobility and firepower and should not be taken lightly.

This doctrine is extremely useful with Soviet T4 (albeit it's nowhere near as strong as it once was) and offers self-repair for all your armour (handy for SU-85s), Mark Target (need that extra oomph? Here it is) and the 120mm mortar which isn't too great but definitely not bad. When I play Soviet T1/T4, I usually roll with this doctrine on more open maps like Langreskaya where SU-85s are more viable and use the T34/85s as a supporting duo to defend the flanks and any advances with snipers covering their back along with Guards and Conscripts.

Alternatives

I believe the above 2 are the most favourite of the lot but other popular alternatives include: Advanced Warfare, Mechanised (the one with the ISU-152 if you're unsure). I usually alternate the 3rd commander to play something new once in a while.

I hope this helps <444>3
15 Jul 2014, 16:54 PM

Idiotic question but how do I exactly make my mortar set up without telling it to fire at something.

I had a problem few times that my morter declined to set up until I ordered a barrage somewhere.
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS