Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
1 Jan 2016, 21:26 PM

RECAP.

You - 2 cons , 2 maxims , shocks , at gun , t 70 , sucka spam into is2 (of course upgrades like at nades and medics)

USA - 4 rifles into captain and stuart and quad into calli and jacsons.
He also need madics and lmgs of course , but quad is highest priority

OK great. Thanks!
4 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM
Patrion 39

Does a RE squad equipped with sweepers plus 2 zooks AND a vehicle crew with 2 zooks only have total 2 effective anti-infantry models?

And then when RE/vehicle crew models die, do they respawn wtih zooks (assuming no weapon drops)?
4 Jan 2016, 09:48 AM

Does a RE squad equipped with sweepers plus 2 zooks AND a vehicle crew with 2 zooks only have total 2 effective anti-infantry models?

And then when RE/vehicle crew models die, do they respawn wtih zooks (assuming no weapon drops)?

Ofcourse the spawn , like normal units.

And yes if echelons are not vet 2/3 (where they get 5th member , relic still does not know where it should be) they will have 4 "effective" AI models (2 RE rifles , one on each and 2 vehicle crew smgs).

Dont get me wrong but these weapons have "such" firepower that you will snipe much more infantry with ooks than kill with these rifles. So use them against tanks or backcaping or if you dont have any other option yolo bump rush opponent and zooksnipe him at point blank (but this is risky , you can drop weapons and it wil also bleed you)
4 Jan 2016, 10:23 AM

Permanently Banned
How do I counter maxim spam as OKW? They shut me down completely..
4 Jan 2016, 13:07 PM
Donator 11

How do I counter maxim spam as OKW? They shut me down completely..

Smoke nade & flank. :snfPeter:

Via brute force: multiple squads, spread them out a little so only one gets supressed, push in.
Via indirect fire: well, get indirect fire like an ISG, or Stuka - long term you'll win the war of attrition.
Via LOS: bait Maxims close quarter battles into your Stormpios.

Btw.: which mode?
4 Jan 2016, 13:45 PM
Donator 11

With brute force i don't mean blobbing into it, i mean proper positioning while attacking. You don't need Volks necessarily, any OKW infantry will do just fine. One squad obv. has to draw fire.
9 Jan 2016, 11:00 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Yo guys,
I bought luftwaffe supply bcs i thought it was an interesting commanders. Now I have played some games as ostheer, but i don't know when or how to use it.... On some maps, like trois points, it can be good against arty, but on all the other maps (and when i am not against guys who are spamming arty) i don't use it. I always pick elephant or tiger over luftwaffe supply. So I would like to know if anybody has some interesting strategy's for this commander. Or just a good way to use this commander. Already thx for answering :)
9 Jan 2016, 12:39 PM

How do you make sure a tank crushes the enemy soldiers and not just push them around?
9 Jan 2016, 17:05 PM
Donator 11

@gamingbro486: Luftwaffe Supply is more of a 2v2+ commander, preferably 3v3+. You can easily help your mate out fast teching, or yourself of course. Try to force retreats via incendiary, then recon & stuka bomb retreat points.
Get rid of hard defenses, or wipe a bunch of support weapons so your mates and you can advance. Some wiped AT guns and MGs can be quite a game changer.

@Cogetama: you require fast tanks for that. Try to make sure the enemy squads can't evade properly - meaning near to any solid map object, or when they're heavily bunched up.
9 Jan 2016, 17:38 PM

The Sappers who appear in Field Recovery Operation are somewhat more expensive than ordinary Sappers and can't build or lay mines.

Other than their salvaging and mine sweepers do they have any buffs to compensate?

Given the only half reliable AT available to the Brits is the 6 pounder which hopefully destroys at range the wrecks at 4CP should be on the other side of the battlefield.
AVA
10 Jan 2016, 05:38 AM

As OKW player, what do you do against a British/USF mortarcamp?

I have difficulties in both 1v1 and 2v2 against this.

They have loads of Anti Tank, Anti Infantry & Mortars... and after a while heavy tanks aswell. I'm quite clueless, sometimes I am able to push through with flanking Obers/Falls/Tanks and push from different sides... but in general I just lose too much stuff to break through and simply lose the game afterwards.

And not pushing through is not option as he has the VP.

What kind of commander/Units or strategy should I apply in 1v1 and in 2v2 (with a wehr teammate) ?
10 Jan 2016, 06:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 05:38 AMAVA
As OKW player, what do you do against a British/USF mortarcamp?

I have difficulties in both 1v1 and 2v2 against this.

They have loads of Anti Tank, Anti Infantry & Mortars... and after a while heavy tanks aswell. I'm quite clueless, sometimes I am able to push through with flanking Obers/Falls/Tanks and push from different sides... but in general I just lose too much stuff to break through and simply lose the game afterwards.

And not pushing through is not option as he has the VP.

What kind of commander/Units or strategy should I apply in 1v1 and in 2v2 (with a wehr teammate) ?

Counter mortar pits with Leigs, they out range them and can drop consistent damage. Don't bother with stukas since brace makes them useless.

Otherwise make sure your ostheer teammate takes a mortar halftrack since incendiary mortars force a brace and can be followed up on easily. Mortar hts also can't be effectively counter batteried.
AVA
10 Jan 2016, 06:37 AM

Counter mortar pits with Leigs, they out range them and can drop consistent damage. Don't bother with stukas since brace makes them useless.

Otherwise make sure your ostheer teammate takes a mortar halftrack since incendiary mortars force a brace and can be followed up on easily. Mortar hts also can't be effectively counter batteried.

What exactly does brace mean?

Also luch doesn't really do anything as they have anti-tank with it (emplacements etc). and units are getting supressed by their mgs/support weapons.

But I mean mainly this is a problem in the mid-game, where they setup 1big mortar pit with a lot of support with it.
11 Jan 2016, 06:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Brace means that the unit will receive a big health buff for a duration of time, which makes it harder to kill while the ability is active.

As Dusty said, you are better off using Leigs. Also if possible, always flank the static positions, come from many angles, this way you can bait the AT to turn and come in with the luch. Use clever positioning and make the enemy play your game.
15 Jan 2016, 08:09 AM

Hello I have a couple of problems in 2vs2 as USF.

I play mostly calliope or pershing commander since the others don't work anymore for me. Last time I played was before the brits came out and now stuff is changed so heavily that it doesn't work that well anymore (lmg without pinning power, m8 cannister shot feels weaker, howitzer not squadwiping with homing shots anymore)

So coming back I noticed that I was lacking a handling on the volks. I will win the first engagement against okw/wehr consistently and push in and take the territory advantage, the second engagement I will usually lose since I am further out and have less squads. I won't lose horribly though since I have nice cover in advance and that is allright. The third engagement with my reinforcements will be in my favor again and then the problem starts.

I have the advantage, but I cannot make it stick consistently. I am in great shape Stuart, Quad (from calli or rangers), everything is nice, but the problem is then that I cannot induce big losses anymore and the stalling begins.

1) Gaining mileage out of the stuart becomes next to impossible for me. All he really does is killing a few men here and there, occasionally wipe a MG, some kind of pak but in return he will give up tons of veterancy to shrek squads. He gets hit, kills a bit I retreat him, repair and repeat just that the volks for example gain veterancy really fast and before I know it his volks destroy my riflemen.

2) That is why I play calliope. The quadmg allows me to retain the domination factor when it comes to infantry, but there is a big but. It pins so well and forces retreats so quickly that I start to gain less veterancy for my troops without killing off much. Since it is 2vs2 I can't exactly lockdown at the base since when he pushes out with his mate it will often end up in big losses for my riflemen (which is okay), but comes with territory loss. They won't do much since they are probably all pinned down within second, something drives the quad away. then the reatreating on both sides start.

3) Just because I am doing good doesn't mean that my mate does good and I often opt-out of helping him. My attention to all units isn't that good yet if I go across the whole map then squadwipes will come in quickly and my artists start writing the song about how I once had the advantage, which I lost.

4) So here I am having "the advantage" but I cannot get any big losses on the enemy, if I go to my mate, then I have to recapture my side afterwards again without any telling how well that might be fortified.

5) Maybe I should change my buildorder to 3x rifle, howitzer just to give the opponent time to bring out light armor that I could then destroy with the coming stuart?

I just cannot win the midgame unless my mate is also doing good, which then of course isn't an issue when you roll in a sherman when they have 10 fuel income whole game.
21 Jan 2016, 17:00 PM

hello fellows strategist! :) I want to ask about tanks shooting on move. I heard once that there is a -50% accuracy modificator to tanks while they shoot on move. I also heard that this dosen't apply to USF. Is that true? Does diffrent tanks have diffrent accuracy modifiers while shooting on move?
21 Jan 2016, 17:06 PM
Donator 11

Moving accuracy is lower, that's why you should stop tanks in between, or at least the ones with a high reload time.

USF also has an accuracy modifier, but depending on tank it's less severe.

Here's a fancy, outdated google doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kzY9-UwZSQ19_EL3LTZoBHjMCwD1ZaDrEtedjKap4wM/edit?pli=1#gid=110608506
The moving modifier should be still accurate though.
21 Jan 2016, 17:19 PM

22 Jan 2016, 17:44 PM

hi, pz4 bulletin(ostheer) work on pz4 command tank?
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 7
Korea, Republic Of 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %