Login

russian armor

Strat? The Motherland needs no Strat. Just GO AND FIGHT

26 Apr 2014, 17:03 PM

Aaaaaaaand it's working again.
27 Apr 2014, 12:58 PM

Yup, back in business. This time I supplement with DSHK into M4c spam.
28 Apr 2014, 07:29 AM

Been playing this strat as i fumble around trying to learn more about CoH2. It works 50% of the time for talent-less nubz like meeee!
7 Aug 2014, 09:34 AM

I encountered it recently in 2v2. Both Opponents went Con/OOrah/Molotov spam with a ton of municaches followed up by call ins. They built around 20 Consquads together, I counted them after the game. The sheer fieldpresence of this conscript horde made it impossible to get a hold on the map. By the time we managed to push them back we were at 10cp and thus lost the game.

To be honest, I don't see how you counter this strat with a mixed Axis team if it's only half way decently executed.
15 Aug 2014, 04:35 AM

Theoretically for every Con you can get one Gren. And Grens with LMGs usually rape Cons, especially if you put a HT close to them to reinforce on the fly. Only difference in handling the Grens compared to cons, is that you should move them in like packs of 2 squads each, as their DPS is then high enough to preventing the cons from gettin on close range.
29 Aug 2014, 14:43 PM

Excellent! This is pretty much my preferred way of playing soviets since so far I find molotovs too random with just a few squads, don't like clowncars or relying on flamer crits, and refuse to be a maxim spammer. I'd really like to try this out with the advanced warfare commander, but he seems to have vanished from space and time...
Vaz
30 Aug 2014, 05:03 AM

well you just about listed every opening but this one. Sounds like you don't like to play soviet or perhaps waiting for that mortar/zis start to emerge.
30 Aug 2014, 17:38 PM

Not at all, Soviets are my favourite faction so far! I just don 't like relying on flame RNG and maxim cheese to carry the early game. Combined arms with t1 and t2 is great fun, and so far has been a good strat to swap to if someone counterspams with grens early on.
30 Aug 2014, 22:15 PM

mmmmm ive read all of your comment and watch that replay,in my opinion soviet's sniper m3,maxim spam,cons spam.....all of this strategy is usefull:clap: i think in the future we are going to have zis spam rush<444>_<444>
2 Sep 2014, 02:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 14:43 PMPumbaa
Excellent! This is pretty much my preferred way of playing soviets since so far I find molotovs too random with just a few squads, don't like clowncars or relying on flamer crits, and refuse to be a maxim spammer. I'd really like to try this out with the advanced warfare commander, but he seems to have vanished from space and time...

Advanced Warfare was a one-off give away that was available for one week only, same time as OH Close Air Support.

We don't know if or when it will ever come back
2 Sep 2014, 15:00 PM

While pure onlycon spam seems to require AW, variations with a guard or 2 or a zis are very effective
2 Sep 2014, 15:17 PM

I will need to try this. the field presence seems good. It seems like you need good micro and awareness to pull it off. I think flanking is very important for this strat because I an HMG can shut you down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment