Login

russian armor

only assholes in the coh2 community ?

3 Jul 2013, 23:49 PM

http://www.datingthoughts.com/2008/04/29/why-do-girls-go-for-assholes/

I'm not going to ask how you end up with that link in the first place.

On second thought, how the hell did you end up with that link in the first place? :p
4 Jul 2013, 00:52 AM

B-but i'm a as-asshole normally!!
4 Jul 2013, 06:22 AM

it is about the principle to not use "op" tactics and not only about the maxim spam

Sorry, there is no such thing. Just because you can't beat something others should not play it?
So what are the tactics you seem OP?

Is Scoutcar OP? well, okay, won't build it.

Is T70 OP? Okay, i won't build it.

Is SU85 OP? Okay, i won't build it.

Maxim Spam OP? okay, i won#t build it.

If you go by the common guy on the official balance forum you won't be able to play anything anymore, because who decides what is OP and what is not.

yeah but it was the "only" way to beat it and that sould not be in a game like coh2

It was not the "only" way to beat it, it was just the easiest to beat it with.

tried 2Xsniper but then the soviet simply gets a m3
and the mgs are to fast for the mortarhalftrack or the normal mortar
tell me your tactic against the mg spam which works with good micro

first of, if the enemy spams maxims, you know how much it costs him to "simply get a m3 out" ? Do you even know how the Soviet faction is played?

There is only one map i would agree that maxim spam is OP, and that is Pripyat (not winter) because there are only 4 paths across the river which is easy for someone using weapon teams.

What the Soviet sacrafices is mobility. Yes, Maxims set up fast, but to get them there is a long time spent on building the T2 building. he also has rather few cons and has no T1 so no scout cars.
What does that mean? right, you have to take the mobility. Those adapting to 5-6 inf squads early and going were his mgs are not (or flank them). Don't blob your units or you are at risk of getting them all suppressed when you accidently run into mg.

Go for T2 and get a flame HT. Now the risk is, that he has AT-guns out. But that is were you can use either doctrins or just a mortar. Everytime you charge an MG you just smoke infront of it so you can use the smoke to advance with infantry aswell. also, if you know the position of a AT-gun smoke it and charge by it. The easy counter to the whole mg spam is smoke. The a bit harder one is just FHT without smoke.

After FHT go for a PGren squad and P4s (order depending on the way the game is going).

On summer Pripyat you will ahve to use smoke excessively or you wont be able to get your infantry anywhere. Those at least 2-3 mortars are needed. Not the best thing but at least that works for me.

That all said, the maxim spam indeed is annoying. But just because it is boring to play against not because it is to OP.
Sadly i can't give you a replay because i did not encounter a Maxim spammer the last 2 days and did not save the older games (just started saving all my replays)

Also, most balance issues don't come from the units itself, but from the bad maps.
4 Jul 2013, 07:12 AM

On second thought, how the hell did you end up with that link in the first place? :p

lol, bet I could venture a guess o_O
4 Jul 2013, 07:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Assuming that the OP isn't himself straight-up trolling:
People are so much less likely to be abusive and trollish when you get onto their Steam Friends list :) In the absence of a ladder, you might as well stick to basic matches with players that you know.
4 Jul 2013, 07:44 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I googled "assholes get all the girls" ;)
4 Jul 2013, 08:43 AM

There isn't anything wrong with using strong tactics like these I do it myself sometimes...

Now then, why did you have so much difficulties to accept my teammates 2 field howitzers and my 2 Panzerwerfers? You and your teammate fielded quite many ZiS-3 so getting artillery was completely logical thing to do. Yet you still rant, abuse us verbally and so on.
4 Jul 2013, 10:23 AM

I am have a similar mindset as the OP, however I never get angry at my opponent if they utilize a specific strat in order to win. It simply is not their fault, it is the game.

Out of respect for my opponent though on maps such as Moscow Outskirts I will not actually use M3 Scout Cars. It is easy to constantly get squad kills with low risk. However not utilizing it can sometimes get you in an awkward position as Russia, depending on the Ostheer unit composition and your own.
4 Jul 2013, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 08:43 AMĀtman

Now then, why did you have so much difficulties to accept my teammates 2 field howitzers and my 2 Panzerwerfers? You and your teammate fielded quite many ZiS-3 so getting artillery was completely logical thing to do. Yet you still rant, abuse us verbally and so on.

So you couldn't use snipers? PGrens? or Grens to flank and destroy the AT Guns? Even mortars? Nah, you used Arty spam which is very very lame and never fun to play against. That's why he probably raged at you.

But in the end, we ALL have to remember its just pixels on a screen and chill out sometimes. Don't hate the player, hate the game. If you can't hate the game, then go play CoD.
4 Jul 2013, 12:51 PM

I came expecting a discussion about in-game manners (of which I have had good experiences in my ~50 1v1s, and ~20 2v2s), but instead I am at a loss of how to respond.

I think several posters have hit the nail on the head. It is a competitive game mode where you are encouraged to play to win and you should expect "strong" strategies from your opponent.
4 Jul 2013, 13:34 PM

So you couldn't use snipers? PGrens? or Grens to flank and destroy the AT Guns? Even mortars? Nah, you used Arty spam which is very very lame and never fun to play against. That's why he probably raged at you.

Using snipers and PGs versus at least 2 Soviet snipers - not so simple and easy. Arty spam? I wouldn't call 2 piece of arty a spam and the Panzerwerfers were somewhat ineffective in that patch. Yes, we could have used other methods but it's irrelevant, you missed my point.

But in the end, we ALL have to remember its just pixels on a screen and chill out sometimes. Don't hate the player, hate the game. If you can't hate the game, then go play CoD.

Yes, agreed. Sometimes you get mad and angry, nothing wrong about that. However insulting opponent player is not acceptable. In the end it's only a video game.
4 Jul 2013, 15:00 PM

Its part of what CoH is, at least for me.

Something incredibly frustrating and enfuriating happens. Picture Kangaroo spam. You scream, you kick, you bash the keyboard. Throw it across the room. Kill a little kitty.

...Then, for some ungodly reason. Perhaps in similarity to crystal meth addiction, you come back for more.

Kangaroos.... not even once.
4 Jul 2013, 15:29 PM
Patrion 14

[Main argument was moved down because people do not read more than the initial post and the two last ones, apparently ;)]

Thanks Ami, seems I need to rethink my play style now. What's the most broken strategy at the moment again? ;)
4 Jul 2013, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 08:43 AMĀtman
Now then, why did you have so much difficulties to accept my teammates 2 field howitzers and my 2 Panzerwerfers? You and your teammate fielded quite many ZiS-3 so getting artillery was completely logical thing to do.

There is a difference between using powerful units/tactics and just letting artillery do all the work for you, that isn't a tactic at all.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 13:34 PMĀtman
Sometimes you get mad and angry, nothing wrong about that. However insulting opponent player is not acceptable. In the end it's only a video game.

I just congratulated your teammate on his pro arty party, then he started with the insults. :unsure:
4 Jul 2013, 16:20 PM

There is a difference between using powerful units/tactics and just letting artillery do all the work for you, that isn't a tactic at all.

Ah, you're the one who decides what is what? I guess I can't really say anything then.

I just congratulated your teammate on his pro arty party, then he started with the insults. :unsure:

That's your version, very polished one. Shame that my game crashed after the match and couldn't save the replay.
4 Jul 2013, 17:14 PM

i was going to say that y totally agree with you. but then i realized you where not talking about the forum. so.......

no i disagree, people go for unbalanced strategies to win. is not like wining = fun since i like even match's (one of the reasons i stopped playing dota2 was because matches where one sided stomps 100% of the time).

but because knowing or not knowing the imbalanced strategies work. if you see your flame ht getting rid of infantry very efficiently you will use him more and more. its just logic. and that does not make you an asshole.
4 Jul 2013, 18:55 PM

Yes, assholes. It's what makes the community great, all about hating.
4 Jul 2013, 20:24 PM

lol one raging guy(I) starts discussion which is 3 pages long.
the easiest way to solve the problem is to play soviets and not use the "op" tactics
4 Jul 2013, 20:34 PM
Patrion 14

lol one raging guy(I) starts discussion which is 3 pages long.
the easiest way to solve the problem is to play soviets and not use the "op" tactics

No. The current situation is efficient.

Good strategies or strategies that are more effective than they should be (potential balancing problem) will always be imitated. Depending on their effectiveness their proliferation will be faster and they will be more frequent.

This basic truth cannot be contested. So now onto, why this outcome is desirable. If there was a moral code to not use strategies relying on an imbalance, they wouldn't be frequent and no one would come on the forums and call an entire community a bunch of "the end of the digestive process", trying to get the centre of attention on this strategy.

This outcry, regardless of the manner in which it is done - although the wrong one will certainly not aid its case -, will eventually be addressed, if it is rightly raised.

Adam Smith's law is actually surprisingly well applicable here: By pursuing his own interest he frequently promotes that of the society (here balance) more effectually than when he really intends to promote it.

People that do abuse a particularly effective strategy that potentially relies on an imbalance do promote a reaction to address it far more effectively than a moral code or other alternatives (potential results from game theory are excluded here) could.

I leave it up to initial poster to decide in which one of those two worlds he prefers to be.
raw
4 Jul 2013, 23:59 PM

Every good player uses every tool at his disposal. There is no such thing as e-hounoure samurai battles in RTS games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★