Login

russian armor

only assholes in the coh2 community ?

3 Jul 2013, 20:43 PM

@Schnitzel... not to be trite but Maximspam and M3 are from different buildings... just go up to a scout car or 2 + an FHT if they're really going overboard.
3 Jul 2013, 20:47 PM

lol i play to play.I do not care if i lose or win when the match was good.Do you really have fun when you use a "op" tactic to win ?

Forgive me for my lack of understanding, you are arguing that people use "op strats to win" indicating you dislike the fact you get beaten by people winning using an unfair (in your mind) strategy yet you also claim you simply play to play and do not mind if you win or loose.

So if you don't mind loosing why am i being an asshole by using an OP strat? i am not making you upset by using it as you do not care so i can not be an asshole, i am infact playing the game allowing you to "play to play" so should i not be praised for allowing you to play?
3 Jul 2013, 20:50 PM

well, let there be no doubt, there are plenty of assholes in this community.

but of all the reasons of why, you pick this as a reason?

lol...
3 Jul 2013, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 20:47 PMCrells

Forgive me for my lack of understanding, you are arguing that people use "op strats to win" indicating you dislike the fact you get beaten by people winning using an unfair (in your mind) strategy yet you also claim you simply play to play and do not mind if you win or loose.

So if you don't mind loosing why am i being an asshole by using an OP strat? i am not making you upset by using it as you do not care so i can not be an asshole, i am infact playing the game allowing you to "play to play" so should i not be praised for allowing you to play?

good match !!!!!!!!! = fair match =match without "op" tactics i thought that would be clear
3 Jul 2013, 20:53 PM

well, let there be no doubt, there are plenty of assholes in this community.

but of all the reasons of why, you pick this as a reason?

lol...

i do not care if you are an asshole .I just want to play good matches .
3 Jul 2013, 20:55 PM

A good match is about the fun you had and fun is subjective. you want a fair game others want an easy victory claiming anyone who does not follow your rules for fun is an asshole is well... being an asshole
3 Jul 2013, 20:58 PM

@super schnitzel: You're saying it's OP, but I've never had a problem with it. So from my point of view the tactic isn't OP, but simply a strong tactic I had to play against.

What you're saying is: "I can't deal with this shit, someone nerf it plz so it's not viable!"

Also telling people not to use a tactic because it's "OP" is like trying to create rules that inhibit/limit the growth of the game, and the community as well. You should probably rethink what you're saying.
3 Jul 2013, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 20:55 PMCrells
A good match is about the fun you had and fun is subjective. you want a fair game others want an easy victory claiming anyone who does not follow your rules for fun is an asshole is well... being an asshole

lol maybe you are right but people who use op tactics suck so i do not care.
3 Jul 2013, 21:07 PM

I get what the OP is saying but "unoriginal scrub" seems like a better word than asshole. 90% of games right now are vs clown cars, strafe spam, HTD, maxim, etc. There isn't anything wrong with using strong tactics like these I do it myself sometimes, but people that never experiment with anything else and just read up on the forums for the current most broken units/abilities and use them in literally every game are just braindead baddies.
3 Jul 2013, 21:10 PM

people that give subjective opinions that generalize people for the things they do on a video game is extremely childish

but that is just my opinion
3 Jul 2013, 21:13 PM

I get what the OP is saying but "unoriginal scrub" seems like a better word than asshole. 90% of games right now are vs clown cars, strafe spam, HTD, maxim, etc. There isn't anything wrong with using strong tactics like these I do it myself sometimes, but people that never experiment with anything else and just read up on the forums for the current most broken units/abilities and use them in literally every game are just braindead baddies.

friendly version of what i wanted to say ty
played 3 1v1 games against maxim spam so sorry for raging
3 Jul 2013, 21:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I never saw myself advocating the return of the lobby....until now. But if that is what it takes to remove some of these crazies, sobeit
3 Jul 2013, 21:53 PM
3 Jul 2013, 21:54 PM

You can't force people to play a certain way and even though I feel that certain strats feel "unhonorable", raging at people using them isn't going to solve anything.

I've taken out my Opel Blitz commander for example. If you feel like a certain thing isn't exactly fair, just don't use it.
I'm sure the balance patch (should it arrive finally... did they take a 2 weeks holiday after release?) will mess around with people who rely on one particular strategy and never try something new.

Most here probably already know Sirlin, but he has a few interesting perspectives on "playing to win". Lots of interesting stuff here:
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/
While I understand many of his views, I don't feel the necessity for myself to always "play to win". You have to decide for yourself on your stance on that.

Edit2: It is a bit like shaming other players for playing Brits... oh wait.
3 Jul 2013, 22:10 PM
Benefactor 115

off topic but if you like the play to win articles you will also like Seth Killian's Domination articles.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/domination-101
3 Jul 2013, 22:20 PM

Your link asks for a login...?
3 Jul 2013, 22:25 PM

I definitely prefer avoiding OP tactics in games but I also typically only play multi with friends in CoH2, in vCoH I'll play with whoever because the folks who still play it seem a lot more relaxed to me than the CoH2 players I've run into thus far.

Then again I mostly get CoH for single player, the multi is just a nice extra benefit for me.
3 Jul 2013, 22:32 PM
Benefactor 115

Your link asks for a login...?

thats weird, didnt have to log into SRK before.

EDIT: try this following link http://insomnia.ac/commentary/domination_101/
3 Jul 2013, 22:40 PM

the chat lobby in vcoh was like a list of people deserving to be rounded up by the NKVD for polluting the human gene pool =P
3 Jul 2013, 23:37 PM

we have a perfect candidate for penal battalion front line mine-cleaner , OP has been volunteered
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 9
Germany 2
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak