Login

russian armor

Balance Forum - What happened?

12 Jan 2016, 14:35 PM

I remember Dawn of war 1 Dark Crusade. A game with 7 Races (and later 9) which gave not a single garden about balance.
However in the forums people discussed lively about strategies, tried to improve and figured out new ways to make certain Units / buildorders /matchups work better. The strategy Forum in that game was greatly active.

But in this game, whenever someone loses, instead of analyzing his faults, he immediately makes a balance thread about what killed him.

What happened to the people nowadays?
12 Jan 2016, 14:36 PM

playercard pls
12 Jan 2016, 14:36 PM

What happened to the people nowadays?

Official forums got closed, migrants came here.

Plus what I've just said on shoutbox:

this is "modern gamer" attitude problem indeed. The mentality of "if I can't win, there got to be something wrong with the game, I always win" which is created by, well, every single game around recently, especially mobas where player gets forcefully draged to 50% w/l ratio, unless you're really special snowflake with 40% or 60% ratio, then these people come here and are hit with reality brick, which they simply deny and QQ about balance like they had a clue.
12 Jan 2016, 14:43 PM
Senior Caster Badge

playercard pls

playercard plz or stahp posting

His playercard is in his signature guys... come on now behave! lol

12 Jan 2016, 14:45 PM

Stormless doesn't get the joke :romeoHype:
12 Jan 2016, 14:46 PM

playercard pls

playercard plz or stahp posting

Get some glasses lossers
12 Jan 2016, 14:46 PM

Hey stormy, I know that well as I was just joking. I often catch him replying to people "playercard pls" that's why.
12 Jan 2016, 14:48 PM

12 Jan 2016, 14:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

for every 1,000,000,000,000 balance threads there's 5 state office threads
12 Jan 2016, 15:03 PM

Relic forums primarily seem to consist of crappy players and one-faction warriors who don't understand the game but are coddled by forum moderation. With their forums offline, a lot of low-end players have come here instead.
12 Jan 2016, 15:06 PM

Its our generation.

Before, when kid had a bad grade at school, parents were upset against the kids, now they are upset against teachers
12 Jan 2016, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 15:06 PMBlalord
Its our generation.

Before, when kid had a bad grade at school, parents were upset against the kids, now they are upset against teachers

Hahaha that's so true. There is no more education because of that, we are doomed.
12 Jan 2016, 15:14 PM

Good question
12 Jan 2016, 15:18 PM

Hello.

From what i remember, there where huge balance issues in DOW1. Remember that time where a squad of greyknight with a chapelin forced in distance mode was almost impossible to beat? Or the necron warriors that could outshoot a tau army and chop khorne berzerkers at the same time?
I think what changed was the fact that the game was more FUN™, cartoonier, there where no trackable ladder, and the game focused more on the campaign than on the multiplayer. There where also less people on the forums, less toxic behaviour and more polite words.

I heard one time a developper (i cant remember the game) that said that they where glad to see toxic player playing their game and polluting their forums. Because that meaned their game was alive, attracted a lot of people and had a vivid competitive aspect.

Maybe that mean that if you make a game full of gentlemens you made a very good game, but if you made a game full of jackass you made a sucessful game$$.

Kozo.
12 Jan 2016, 15:18 PM

Honestly, the problem is intensified by the fact there is no mirror matching in CoH2 - if there was, people would be less likely to religiously defend their faction.
12 Jan 2016, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 15:18 PMpugzii
Honestly, the problem is intensified by the fact there is no mirror matching in CoH2 - if there was, people would be less likely to religiously defend their faction.

True, but the joke is that you can mirror match up with an exploit
12 Jan 2016, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 15:18 PMpugzii

Well, SM in DoW2 defended BC lightning claws as zealously as they could together with many other things, so not really, they simply had inner conflict after lost mirror match :sibHyena:
12 Jan 2016, 15:38 PM

I think the problem might be you are all getting old and missing the good old days /thread

Nah im sorry. I just found that too funny not to post.

On topic, its true though. Every game forum is toxic these days.

How many new players watch replays instead of casts or live streams to muse? How many out of those would take the time to watch they own replay to do the same?

I play brits mainly these days. Tbh im not close to pro level, but the stuff that people complain about barely affects me, and I do stupid / non standard things often and still win more so than not.

I feel lame for saying this but I do believe its the new generation. Feel free to hate me for saying this
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★