Login

russian armor

Should OKW shrek be moved to another teir/unit?

1 Dec 2015, 17:39 PM
Donator 11

Just want to get feels on this idea, while the patch has yet to be deployed I still get this feeling like the potency of OKW Handheld AT coupled with the 100% resource income could be troublesome.

I feel like moving the shrek to either sturms or till you get a t2 could be a way to reduce the number of early shrek blobs we see as well as allow the OKW rekten to rly shine in its role as a fast and mobile AT gun without really hurting OKW's overall tech. Making it a t2 building (mech and battle-group) could also help the tech timing as it would give an incentive for OKW players to play linear tech rather than going straight for the Flak HQ.

Another option would be to give it to sturms but that's a rather drastic change that I feel like would be a last resort but for sure the amount of shreks needs to be reduced for sure.
So let me know what you guys think.
1 Dec 2015, 17:48 PM

2 tier structure requirment
1 Dec 2015, 17:53 PM
Donator 33

Volks shouldn't have shrecks in the first place. Either move them to another unit or redesign them.
1 Dec 2015, 17:57 PM

I'd love to see one solution.

Lower Obers cost to 350MP.
Give them 2 upgrades:
1 - 120 ammo for 2 Schrecks.
2 - 120 ammo for LMG34.

(100 ammo could work as well, since they are las tier unit)

In that way, you couldnt spam schrecks and you would receive highly specialized and elite units which could be hard AI or hard AT.
1 Dec 2015, 18:00 PM

I'd love to see one solution.

Lower Obers cost to 350MP.
Give them 2 upgrades:
1 - 120 ammo for 2 Schrecks.
2 - 120 ammo for LMG34.

(100 ammo could work as well, since they are las tier unit)

In that way, you couldnt spam schrecks and you would receive highly specialized and elite units which could be hard AI or hard AT.

This is a nice one. Give volks LMG34 upgrade
1 Dec 2015, 18:02 PM

Agreed volks should not have them think moving them to strums would be best, with incendiary nades volks have too much utility still having shreks. If they simply made them similar to zooks I think that would maybe help too where they would not pen as much and do as much dmg.

I don't know about this patch in general I don't mind them buffing volks I guess but the whole design of them having the reduced income equaled them having very effective units and a non-doct heavy and vet 5 and also that it would be somewhat of a big loss to them if you wiped a squad took out a panther, jp4, or KT. Now I feel like they will simply just be able to replace it when before taking one of those out might of meant GG for them.
1 Dec 2015, 18:11 PM
Donator 33

Since Sturms are the only unit, apart from volks, that have voice lines for shrecks I support the idea of giving shrecks to Sturms (120 for 2 shrecks).

Alternatively, shrecks could stay on Volks as a snare.

>90 ammo to unlock the ability to fire shrecks
>same cooldown/range as PzFausts
>same pen/damage as normal shrecks

No more A-moving Volks blobs rekking tanks :sibHyena:

1 Dec 2015, 18:23 PM

Since Sturms are the only unit, apart from volks, that have voice lines for shrecks I support the idea of giving shrecks to Sturms (120 for 2 shrecks).

Alternatively, shrecks could stay on Volks as a snare.

>90 ammo to unlock the ability to fire shrecks
>same cooldown/range as PzFausts
>same pen/damage as normal shrecks

No more A-moving Volks blobs rekking tanks :sibHyena:

+1 but if you give okw a snare then I think you have to give the brits one too. This would make vehicle play more annoying for both sides. If they moved shrek to strums and volks couldn't A-move tank wreck, it would make vehicle play more fun for both sides. Then give volks maybe an AI upgrade.
1 Dec 2015, 18:32 PM

Sturms seem like a natural fit. They are more fragile and expensive, so no more mainline infantry that can tank enemy fire and still blob over to your tank.

I feel that, between shrecks, buffed rifle damage and incendiary grenade, too much utility is in the Volks's hands, leading to them being spammed over and over. They can have a role as mainline infantry, but not also as tank busters.
1 Dec 2015, 18:39 PM

Sturms getting them would be cute, but mainline infantry are literally the only ones fitting or qualified to have shrecks.

IMO just leave it, every "faction" has their perks, that's an okw perk.
1 Dec 2015, 19:34 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 18:39 PMCafo
Sturms getting them would be cute, but mainline infantry are literally the only ones fitting or qualified to have shrecks.

IMO just leave it, every "faction" has their perks, that's an okw perk.

I mean they do get vet 4-5 as well as trucks that give boons without upgrades. I think keeping it on the mainline infantry would be a good idea but they need to come later
1 Dec 2015, 19:35 PM

Problem is, OKW lacks tier 2 infantry. Non-doctrinal that is. So it's either Volks or Obers and the choice should be obvious. I am not that much against a complete redesign of Obers, though.

I see the problems of mainline infantry having a PSchreck upgrade, but it has been this way since more than a year and suddenly it is being questioned? People are acting as if the slight increase in rifle damage would make Volks op and they would be spammed now. How would that be any different from before? They got more expensive and their higher vet levels have been nerfed to make good players feel less good about their micro. The rest is exactly the same.

You paid 90 munitions for a single Schreck and essentially couldn't use that unit for map control anymore, since risking to lose the Schreck was not worth it. Plus, the anti infantry capabilities sucked. And they still suck. Volks are less versatile than their counterparts and still far from being terminator squads. And please don't mention the removal of the munitions penalty. Losing upgrades squads will still make the game hard.
1 Dec 2015, 21:11 PM

TBH, Volksgrenadier Shrek should be much less accurate than Panzergrenadier and Stormer counterpart. This way it's a defensive AT weapon and not the a-move tool it is now.

IMO RPG launchers ingame accuracy should be from highest to lowest:

Stormer Shrek
Bazooka/Panzgren Shrek equal accuracy
Steep drop-off
Volks Shrek
PIAT (lol)
1 Dec 2015, 21:39 PM

Move Shrek to T1 so you can't have fast Luch+shrek would be a good start.
1 Dec 2015, 22:07 PM
Patrion 14

*Schreck :romeoHype:

In my opinion it would be fine if volk-schrecks had bad accuracy on far and mid range, and good accuracy on close.
1 Dec 2015, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 21:39 PMEsxile
Move Shrek to T1 so you can't have fast Luch+shrek would be a good start.

Let's switch lt and captain so you can't have fast captain+Stuart
1 Dec 2015, 22:35 PM

I think adding the shrek to sturms would encourage some diversity and help break the 'volkshrek spam into panthers' mindset of many OKW players.
1 Dec 2015, 22:50 PM

Since Sturms are the only unit, apart from volks, that have voice lines for shrecks I support (...)

Aren't the Sturmpios' voice lines for Schrecks kinda bugged; I think they suddenly have a different voice (just like when they place wire). The difference is also pretty obvious. So with that kind of voice lines, it would be better to leave the Panzerschreck-specific lines away all togehter... as the difference is too obvious: So basically, if you order a Sturm squad that carries a Panzerschreck to move around, sometimes they have their normal voice, and sometimes they have the ''place wire'' voice, witch is too different to not notice. So not a good idea polish-wise.
1 Dec 2015, 23:48 PM

I like the OKW faction, I don't like having to drag Shrek blobs around all game, but it is the only cost effective strat for my skill level. I would like them to be moved to Sturms and Volks get something AI related and an AT snare (Brit's grenade upgrade could use one as well).
2 Dec 2015, 00:10 AM

Other than flavor why does OKW even need nondoctrinal Shrek? They are an aggressive early game faction!

Puma, JP4, Panther, PzIV, and Puppchen are all AT for different game stages. Compare this to:

Ost: Faust, double shrek, Pak, Stug, PzIV, Panther. Note that Ost is a defensive lategame faction, compared to the aggressive early OKW that has better anti infantry.

USF, the faction more "balanced" than OKW: Zook, AT nade, AT gun, Stuart, Jackson, Sherman.

Soviet, another aggressive faction: AT nade, Zis, Su-76, Su-85, T34

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS