Login

russian armor

OKW Vet 5 justified (December Update)?

1 Dec 2015, 15:31 PM

Just wanted to get feedback from people who've been playing the December Balance Mod because I personally haven't had much time to play COH2 myself lately, let alone the balance mod; Is OKW's Vet 5 system balanced (or rather, justified), now that they have 100% resource income? The most popular argument in favor of Vet 5 was OKW's crippled economic system, but seeing as how it's gone now, I don't see how having Vet 5 units is fair to the other factions in the game. Wouldn't this make OKW OP as f*ck?
1 Dec 2015, 15:34 PM

STILL lowest tech costs with benefits and no side upgrades(free medics, free repair crew, free AA gun) are much bigger issue then vet5.
1 Dec 2015, 15:44 PM

STILL lowest tech costs with benefits and no side upgrades(free medics, free repair crew, free AA gun) are much bigger issue then vet5.

+100
1 Dec 2015, 15:47 PM

I have a feeling this patch will be a balance nightmare :snfPeter:
1 Dec 2015, 16:06 PM

No viable suppression platform, Volks are only marginally better, Sturms are still the most expensive sweeper unit in the game, Luchs rush get shut down by T-70/Stuart rush. Leig is now a lawn decoration, JP4 is still useless. Need I go on?
1 Dec 2015, 16:13 PM

No viable suppression platform, Volks are only marginally better, Sturms are still the most expensive sweeper unit in the game, Luchs rush get shut down by T-70/Stuart rush. Leig is now a lawn decoration, JP4 is still useless. Need I go on?

Volks>>vanila grens now.
I wouldn't call that marginally.
They are marginally more expensive though if that is what you meant.
Luchs arrives 1-2 minutes BEFORE T-70/stuart and if you believe JP4 is useless, you need big, fat L2P.
1 Dec 2015, 16:15 PM

Volks>>vanila grens now.
Luchs arrives 1-2 minutes BEFORE T-70/stuart and if you believe JP4 is useless, you need big, fat L2P.

It is probably the fact that you can get a panther for just 45 fuel more. The tank itself is good, but the tierstructure provide you a better thank with decent AI
1 Dec 2015, 16:16 PM

Volks>>vanila grens now.

1. Grens being bad isn't pertinent.
2. Please, rush Luchs and see what happens against players who know how to mine.
3. Why get a JP4 when you can get a Panther from the same tier?
1 Dec 2015, 16:23 PM

You will never any decent and thought through answers from this lot to begin with.
1 Dec 2015, 16:28 PM
Donator 22

they started to nerf some units already (vet 4-5). My bet is next patch even more. OKW was from the beginning "special" :luvDerp: :sibPheasant:
1 Dec 2015, 16:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It is probably the fact that you can get a panther for just 45 fuel more. The tank itself is good, but the tierstructure provide you a better thank with decent AI

-Panther doesn't have phase tech.
-60 range
-Faster RoF
-45 sight
-Smaller than the Luch

Same reasoning when people say: why should i get a Stug if i can get a PIV
1 Dec 2015, 16:37 PM

OKW is weakest faction in CoH, they will get a buff soon, so why not nerf it into teh ground? If you will nerf them even more, so where is the sense of 100% income? than nerf them back :p
1 Dec 2015, 16:37 PM

-Panther doesn't have phase tech.
-60 range
-Faster RoF
-45 sight
-Smaller than the Luch

Same reasoning when people say: why should i get a Stug if i can get a PIV

That's an invalid comparison considering the StuG can deal with infantry. JP4 can be defeated by a couple zooks. Phase tech is stupid and broken. Assuming it gets fixed one day, JP4 will be completely useless.
1 Dec 2015, 16:47 PM

That's an invalid comparison considering the StuG can deal with infantry. JP4 can be defeated by a couple zooks. Phase tech is stupid and broken. Assuming it gets fixed one day, JP4 will be completely useless.

StuG can upgrade MG, that doesn't mean it can deal with infantry. Its main gun was adjusted to that of other tank destroyers.
OKW is weakest faction in CoH, they will get a buff soon, so why not nerf it into teh ground? If you will nerf them even more, so where is the sense of 100% income? than nerf them back :p

I have a better question for you.
What is the point of keeping all of their advantages for reduced income(vet5, cheapest tech, no side costs) now that they don't have any penalties balancing the privileges they get?
1 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

i dont like the full res income. it bitters their unique special snowflake flavour
1 Dec 2015, 16:59 PM

LOL. If you let you jp4 get defeated by a couple of zooks then you must be terrible at this. Or you drove it into enemy lines with 0 inf or any support.
1 Dec 2015, 17:02 PM

StuG can upgrade MG, that doesn't mean it can deal with infantry. Its main gun was adjusted to that of other tank destroyers.

I have a better question for you.
What is the point of keeping all of their advantages for reduced income(vet5, cheapest tech, no side costs) now that they don't have any penalties balancing the privileges they get?

Because they needed a buff, when you add penalties of some kind again it will no longer a be a buff. But maybe i am wrong, i would admit that a discussion for this is best taken by top 20 1v1 players ;)
1 Dec 2015, 17:05 PM

With full income and still having vet 5 they will completely dominate late game. It will be impossible to out cap them because there infantry at vet 5 can already just stand on cap and ignore pretty much any other allied infantry or vehicles. Now on top of that they will have plenty more resources to spam vehicles and off maps.

I think for full income vet 5 will need nerfed. Maybe there trucks too since there nerfing all off maps as well. I see the problem with them being linked to teching but after all there has to be some compensation for buffing volks and restoring full income.
1 Dec 2015, 17:13 PM

Because they needed a buff, when you add penalties of some kind again it will no longer a be a buff. But maybe i am wrong, i would admit that a discussion for this is best taken by top 20 1v1 players ;)

You're missing the point completely.

I'm not talking about adding any penalties.

I'm talking about OKW not needing compensations for penalties that do not exist anymore.

If you don't see anything wrong with faction with no penalties and compensation for penalties, then I don't think there is any way I can explain it to you.
1 Dec 2015, 17:17 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 15:47 PMKhan
I have a feeling this patch will be a balance nightmare :snfPeter:

+1000
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %