Login

russian armor

Does the Katy need any buff or tier changes?

Best way to make this thing more intimidating?
Option Distribution Votes
2%
39%
8%
4%
47%
Total votes: 51
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Nov 2015, 16:51 PM

So lategame Vet3-42Grens and shreck/Rak43 blobs are becoming slightly frustrating to play against. This unit, the SU's sole arty piece has a failed functioning procedure and it could be improved a lot. First of all the barrage is unrealistic and ineffective in terms of game play as well. Secondly the scatter/AOE is not decent enough to make up for the retarded slow motion barrage. And last but not the least, it's timing is kinda off as well as the cost and HP.
30 Nov 2015, 16:55 PM

Why no option for only reducing scatter? If you reduce its scatter it is fine. Oh and its creeping barrage is worthless. I rather have a vet 1 ability that costs 50 munitions and lets me fire a full barrage instead of salvos.
30 Nov 2015, 16:56 PM

I think Kat is fine as it is right now. It counters pak's, mg's and blobs fine. It's not a wipe machine but it shouldn't be.
They should buff ML20 aoe and reduce the number of shells fired.
And maybe panzerwerfer scatter increase it a bit, it wipes like hell.
30 Nov 2015, 17:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I would give it suppression like the panzerwerfer has. It helps reinforce the role of an area denial weapon.
30 Nov 2015, 17:03 PM

Increase fire speed to reduce delay between salvos and give it suppression.
30 Nov 2015, 17:25 PM

Why no option for only reducing scatter? If you reduce its scatter it is fine. Oh and its creeping barrage is worthless. I rather have a vet 1 ability that costs 50 munitions and lets me fire a full barrage instead of salvos.

^This.
30 Nov 2015, 18:32 PM

This unit is not performing as well as the Panzerwerfer, which is now a wipe machine. The cooldown could go down slightly as another possbility, and I would like see the Werfers RoF come down slightly so units can retreat from it with at least one model. Currently it is so devastating to mortars there is no opportunity to retreat them.

Suppression would be nice on Kat to punish blobbing.
30 Nov 2015, 18:49 PM
Donator 11

This unit is not performing as well as the Panzerwerfer, which is now a wipe machine. The cooldown could go down slightly as another possbility, and I would like see the Werfers RoF come down slightly so units can retreat from it with at least one model. Currently it is so devastating to mortars there is no opportunity to retreat them.

Suppression would be nice on Kat to punish blobbing.

There is, it is called microing mortars and it was used widely in beginning of coh2, when mortars were exeptionelly effective and killing enemy mortars was one of main objectives. You basically use mortar like you would use rocket artillery - order it to shoot a salvo and then shift click move order. Ofc you dont have to do it if there is no artillery around but if it is possible that you will get wiped you can do this to protect yourself.
30 Nov 2015, 19:08 PM

Katy sucks for the price. Not to mention FALs can jump out and kill it in two seconds with their guns alone if you're next to a building (which you have no choice in some maps).

If anything give it better armor. Kind of sad when a kubel is better.

It's not even that strong. Typically a jackson for example is weak but potent. A katy is weak and weak (unless the RNG gods bless you).
1 Dec 2015, 06:22 AM

So lategame Vet3-42Grens and shreck/Rak43 blobs are becoming slightly frustrating to play against. This unit, the SU's sole arty piece has a failed functioning procedure and it could be improved a lot. First of all the barrage is unrealistic and ineffective in terms of game play as well. Secondly the scatter/AOE is not decent enough to make up for the retarded slow motion barrage. And last but not the least, it's timing is kinda off as well as the cost and HP.

Katy could use a scatter fix..but please tell me where have you seen a rak43 blob?
1 Dec 2015, 06:25 AM
Donator 11

I think its a fairly decent unit but compared to the Pnzrwerfer its nothing. That thing needs adjust as the AOE is stupidly high and any units caught in buildings are insta wiped or suppressed.

1 Dec 2015, 09:00 AM

The katjusha is fine atm.
I remember the time when it's barrages even destroyes light and medium tanks.
I don't want this.
1 Dec 2015, 09:49 AM
Patrion 14

The only thing I think katy needs is maybe suppression on its barrage. This will differentiate it from the panzerwerfer. The Katy will be area denial, (lower damage, but suppression over larger time interval), whilst the pwerfer is a sniper (huge alpha strike and isnta-pin).
1 Dec 2015, 09:58 AM

Katy is fine. If anything I would say nerf lol. Just have to shift click it, get close to barage and drive back. So click move, shift barage, shift move back. Gotta have a main tank to protect it tho!
1 Dec 2015, 10:08 AM

Katy it is shaded of Stuka zu Fuß and even panzerwerfer now. Reducing scatter for Katy and we will have more post from german players "KATY IS SO OP PLZ NERF TO ZE GROUND".
1 Dec 2015, 10:13 AM

I think it's fine it's a bit weak as a single unit and it wont snipe anything but when you start buying 2 or more its very strong specially against OKW HQ's and blobs.
1 Dec 2015, 10:15 AM

I feel as if the katy is effective enough when it comes to countering team weapons, but is lacking against infantry blobs compared to the other rocket artilleries. Thus, I think adding suppression is more appropiate than a scatter reduction, that way the performance against turtleing won't be affected but it will be more effective against infantry blobs.
2 Dec 2015, 14:44 PM

Holy shit the amount of useless and ineffective units in this game are quite frustrating.
2 Dec 2015, 15:36 PM

Yea, it should have suppression.
3 Dec 2015, 00:16 AM

Permanently Banned
Make vet 1 fire full salvo with no intervals.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
Germany 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment