Login

russian armor

December Patch UKF vs. OKW 1v1?

30 Nov 2015, 00:47 AM

So we tried UKF vs. OKW 1v1 with the balance preview. Sadly, I did not save the the replay, so I can just tell from my memories.

I played UKF, map was Crossing in the woods. I started with double MG play and managed to successfully dig in on my fuel. Then I built 2 more infantry sections and went on with other needed stuff (sappers, bolster squad, LMGs).
The OKW had it easy from early on. The newly buffed Volksgrenadiers did not allow much capping outside of my MG range since I was always outnumbered. A Kübel ensured massive capping power which resulted in him owning the majority of territories and 1 secured vp. 2 ISGs followed which are pretty much death for UKF. I traded my 1st Cromwell for a P4 and had no fuel left, while the OKW could afford another P4 right away.

My biggest problems were:
- ISGs
- being outcapped
- Volksgrenadiers being dig in and negating any offensive attacks in combination with the ISGs

So, I felt kind of hopeless as UKF.
The OKW was floating manpower like crazy and had like 200-300 fuel at one point.

What's your experience OKW vs. UKF 1v1 in the balance preview? L2P?
30 Nov 2015, 00:57 AM

why bother posting stuff like this if you dont have a replay
30 Nov 2015, 00:57 AM

I definitely feel lie UKF is the weakest allied faction against OKW's new mechanized options with the kubel and a lusch / puma rush due to their lack of snare.
30 Nov 2015, 01:16 AM

So we tried UKF vs. OKW 1v1 with the balance preview. Sadly, I did not save the the replay, so I can just tell from my memories.

I played UKF, map was Crossing in the woods. I started with double MG play and managed to successfully dig in on my fuel. Then I built 2 more infantry sections and went on with other needed stuff (sappers, bolster squad, LMGs).
The OKW had it easy from early on. The newly buffed Volksgrenadiers did not allow much capping outside of my MG range since I was always outnumbered. A Kübel ensured massive capping power which resulted in him owning the majority of territories and 1 secured vp. 2 ISGs followed which are pretty much death for UKF. I traded my 1st Cromwell for a P4 and had no fuel left, while the OKW could afford another P4 right away.

My biggest problems were:
- ISGs
- being outcapped
- Volksgrenadiers being dig in and negating any offensive attacks in combination with the ISGs

So, I felt kind of hopeless as UKF.
The OKW was floating manpower like crazy and had like 200-300 fuel at one point.

What's your experience OKW vs. UKF 1v1 in the balance preview? L2P?

Coh2 doesn't reward camping don't go double mg

Try 2 inf sections (3 total) then command post 1 sniper, Aec car then squad sizes.
Keep your forces together and defensive, then when sniper comes out push slowly for the cutoff or more territory.
I'm just theory crafting but this is the ukf version of my ost build, replacing panzer greens w panzershrecks with the Aec
Also if the Okw meta is similar to usf meta (light veichle always no matter what) then get used to using the AEC car
30 Nov 2015, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 00:57 AMZyllen

LOOOOOOOOL

Because talking about how a dragon burnt down a house is fun.
30 Nov 2015, 02:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 01:57 AMJ1N6666

LOOOOOOOOL

Because talking about how a dragon burnt down a house is fun.

I swear it was burninating the countryside and everything.
30 Nov 2015, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 02:44 AMVuther

I swear it was burninating the countryside and everything.

Awesome. killing stuff with fire . That said the OP is talking nonsense of course. I will admit that the okw got a major upgrade. But VG's and leigs are not the reason why the okw is stronger. the viability of their LV's is the key reason. in 1vs1 it was common that the allied players could dedicate every single resource to AI while the okw had to make some major investments in AT to counter the allied LV's . The recent patch has the okw turning the tables forcing the allies (perhaps in the first time in coh 2 history) to buy AT

kubels get shutdown by bren carriers quickly especially upgraded. VG's while stronger still get owned by is's and vickers. Furthermore leighs sole reason why they where op was their suppression. it has been removed. So yeah its a l2p
30 Nov 2015, 09:48 AM

I don't think OKW is OP, but in a right spot after playing the patch the last weekend for at least 17 hours. What UKF needs is the +1 man upgrade back to 25 fuel, since it's too expensive now. Also go a bren carrier against a Kubel and it's gone. Yes the kubel gives the OKW some insane capping power, but that can be deminished really fast. Bren Carrier's fuel should go to 20 fuel, 30 is too much.
30 Nov 2015, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 00:57 AMZyllen

Because I wanted to hear other people's minds who have played 1v1 UKF vs OKW and not the opinion of some theocrafting smartass.
30 Nov 2015, 13:20 PM

You know the OKW player will ALWAYS build a kubel for capping. So build BC to hunt it. after you killed the kubel upgrade it with wasp. Now you have ur own mini crocodile! at 4mins. Proceed with double sniper (its crossing after all) + AT gun. So the prob was not #adapting?

BTW: I only played with OKW vs USF and soviets in balance mod. Keepo
30 Nov 2015, 14:06 PM

You know the OKW player will ALWAYS build a kubel for capping. So build BC to hunt it. after you killed the kubel upgrade it with wasp. Now you have ur own mini crocodile! at 4mins. Proceed with double sniper (its crossing after all) + AT gun. So the prob was not #adapting?

BTW: I only played with OKW vs USF and soviets in balance mod. Keepo

The UC costs 15 fuel and 210mp, snipers cost 360 mp... It would have made my capping power problem even worse. The UC is a bad counter against the Kübel. The Kübel is faster, has more armor and just costs 210 and no fuel (I actually hope I´m wrong about this one). Cheaper Sturmpioneers and stronger Volks damage make the problem even worse for the UC.
Snipers might be worth a try, but not sure about them...
30 Nov 2015, 14:16 PM

How are ISGs that much of an issue if they got ninja acuracy nerfed and now in the new patch can't supress?
30 Nov 2015, 14:17 PM

How are ISGs that much of an issue if they got ninja acuracy nerfed

Got a source?
30 Nov 2015, 14:39 PM

I am confused. Is this a balance thread? A 4vs4 replay review request? A trat discussion thread?

Matter of fact: Rolfstomping OKW as brits might require slightly more brain cells than it used to. ADAPT.
30 Nov 2015, 15:15 PM

Got a source?

Yeah the multitude of videos that show its attack ground and barage ability not even landing in the same postal code as where the target or targetted ground is located
30 Nov 2015, 16:42 PM

Yeah the multitude of videos that show its attack ground and barage ability not even landing in the same postal code as where the target or targetted ground is located

thats a problem with the ISG not hitting buildings with barrage and attack ground
30 Nov 2015, 16:46 PM

thats a problem with the ISG not hitting buildings with barrage and attack ground

What do you suppose we do then? Keep line of sight on building constantly just for the ISG to hit it. What if this building contains an HMG, or a double bar Riflemen? This doesn't make any sense.
30 Nov 2015, 16:58 PM

What do you suppose we do then? Keep line of sight on building constantly just for the ISG to hit it. What if this building contains an HMG, or a double bar Riflemen? This doesn't make any sense.

i dont suppose anything,Relic said its a bug

Untill Relic fixs it try to ignore the ISG exists and use other anti garrison units
30 Nov 2015, 17:02 PM

i dont suppose anything,Relic said its a bug

Untill Relic fixs it try to ignore the ISG exists and use other anti garrison units

Oke, well that is nice as OKW.
30 Nov 2015, 17:03 PM

LOS won't fix it. ISG is bugged vs buildings. Light vehicles are also bugged vs buildings so there's no point rushing a flak halftrack or Luchs.

All you can do is divert ammo to nades and rely on raketens early game for AT.

P4s work well vs buildings if you make it that far.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★