Login

russian armor

British mortar

30 Nov 2015, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 08:05 AMKatitof
Shrecks rip it apart in a matter of seconds.

And how you can bitch that its small arms fire resistant?
Do you QQ as well about Ost bunkers being small fire resistant?

I am not bitching. Do you see anger and aggression in everyone's words because you are full of anger and aggression yourself? I proposed a change, the vast majority disagreed with me and suggested constructive ways to deal with this unit. I'm reconsidering my opinion.

But you can't be constructive, you only want arguments and flaming. You can't post without adding an insult. I will never understand how the mods leave you here annoying their members.

To answer your points:

Shreks cannot rip it apart if it is braced.
Shreks have to get to it to rip it apart, it can be a long way away and protected by MG / enemy army.

Ost MG bunker cannot brace
Ost MG bunker is not useful behind shot blockers
Ost MG bunker is not long range and can easily be avoided

30 Nov 2015, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 09:04 AMAladdin

l2p

Bravo! A spectacular post! So succinct, well done! You must have the best education and wonderful upbringing to be capable of such exquisite expression.

Wow. You are the smartest guy on the forum. Just... Amazing. Your schoolteachers must think you're the best student they ever had. How did you reach this level of communication?

You must also be an amazing player to understand that even though I'm top 20 as OKW I just need to learn to play. Well done! Great insight!

I read your other posts. Also amazing!

"Please go and check the mod and read the patch notes correctly before commenting bullshit"

Bravo Aladdin444, bravo.
30 Nov 2015, 12:47 PM

I proposed a change, the vast majority disagreed with me and suggested constructive ways to deal with this unit. I'm reconsidering my opinion.

Please stop this and behave like a stuck up narcissist like everybody else here..

On topic: My emplacement positioning is pretty much shit so I rarely use it, but from what I've seen I think there's plenty of counters to take care of it already. So it's not a problem balance wise imo.
30 Nov 2015, 14:06 PM

If someone builds a mortar pit and consolidates their forces to defend it, then simply capture the rest of the map and try to cut off that defended sector. 400 mp that sits there draining mp is more hazardous to the brit player than to the player that gets by avoiding it.
30 Nov 2015, 19:04 PM

Microing mortar(s) so they don't get wiped against brit with half brain is total pain. 2 shots and a move 2 shots and a move.
30 Nov 2015, 19:30 PM

+1

It's really easy counterable dude..

Hey man :)

Yeah it does seem everyone thinks that way. I guess I'll have to rethink it.

Thanks everyone who gave feedback I could use!
30 Nov 2015, 19:36 PM

This is the most rational conclusion I have ever seen in a thread.
30 Nov 2015, 19:44 PM

30 Nov 2015, 19:52 PM

im quite sick of all these "oh this unit was used effectively against me and contributed to my loss, so it must be unbalanced" - threads
30 Nov 2015, 23:00 PM

Hey Bulgakov :)

Well I think it can be a pain in the ass, specially against very defensive guy. That's why I always have the MHT in my commander loadout. Force him to use brace and then drop your incendiary on it. Cya later 400mp! :)
1 Dec 2015, 02:16 AM

im quite sick of all these "oh this unit was used effectively against me and contributed to my loss, so it must be unbalanced" - threads

At least this one seems to have ended civilly. Also props to the poll for having easy to understand options for both sides(way too many polls posted here are rigged for only one side of an argument/opinion).

I sometimes use the Brit mortar in big team games to distract my opponents' mortars. Mine gets a few kills then when the enemy realizes I have it, they focus on it and that can free up enough pressure to push past his other defenses. So I basically use it like a 400MP arty, its intention isn't really to get me big kills and survive, but rather buy me time and disrupt the enemy.

Bofors is really the only decent Brit emplacement, and that is due to it being so much cheaper than the others and having more than one function(its barrage ability is pretty good light arty for a fat flak emplacement).
1 Dec 2015, 17:42 PM

I am not bitching. Do you see anger and aggression in everyone's words because you are full of anger and aggression yourself? I proposed a change, the vast majority disagreed with me and suggested constructive ways to deal with this unit. I'm reconsidering my opinion.

But you can't be constructive, you only want arguments and flaming. You can't post without adding an insult. I will never understand how the mods leave you here annoying their members.

To answer your points:

Shreks cannot rip it apart if it is braced.
Shreks have to get to it to rip it apart, it can be a long way away and protected by MG / enemy army.

Ost MG bunker cannot brace
Ost MG bunker is not useful behind shot blockers
Ost MG bunker is not long range and can easily be avoided

I don't know why your comparing Ost bunkers to Brit emplacements. 1 is MG based more like USF emplacement. The other is a mortar. They serve two different things for two different factions which both are designed around.

USF emplacement cannot brace
USF emplacement is not useful behind shot blockers
USF emplacement is not long range and can easily be avoided

see how i did that

USF emplacement can be destroyed by 1 incediary nade, there fore OST bunkers should be destroyed by 1 molotov
1 Dec 2015, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 17:42 PMRocket

Thats actually not entierly true, because of RET rifle nades when they're inside. :sibPheasant:
1 Dec 2015, 17:53 PM

Thats actually not entierly true, because of RET rifle nades when they're inside. :sibPheasant:

Ahh true, although sometimes if it is a building or something tall the nades tend to like get stuck or some shit and do not go through the shot blocker.
1 Dec 2015, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 17:42 PMRocket

I don't know why your comparing Ost bunkers to Brit emplacements. 1 is MG based more like USF emplacement. The other is a mortar. They serve two different things for two different factions which both are designed around.

USF emplacement cannot brace
USF emplacement is not long range and can easily be avoided

see how i did that

USF emplacement can be destroyed by 1 incediary nade, there fore OST bunkers should be destroyed by 1 molotov

you do realise that it was katitof that brought up the ost bunker?
1 Dec 2015, 21:12 PM

Don't be sick, please :)

I think there is use to these threads. They will always be a result of "Damn, that was hard to play against. But we can draw two conlusions using communit feedback.

A - It's not so bad, here are some ideas on how to handle it

B - I agree, I think it's a bit strong.

What do you suggest? That no-one ever bring up a question about a unit being too strong? I mean sometimes they are. This one apparently isn't, looks like I was wrong. But surely it's a useful conversation?

2 Dec 2015, 00:45 AM

its pretty map dependent i find, on some maps i get a huge payback with it. on others, its not so good and easy to destroy. the nice thing about the mortar pit is that you dont have to reinforce it, theres no bleed.

you "bleed" by losing sapper trying to repair it.

and to add another point. Both the Ost and US have access to a mobile mg that will do the job just as nicely.

the british lack any mobile arty aside from the Sexton. The sexton isn't even that good.
2 Dec 2015, 00:57 AM

Its a 400mp structure that only does one thing. Schewer HQs are harder to kill and they're "free" since you're paying for the tech (although thats kind of getting factored in now). For the OKW, all you need to do is barrage it straight to hell with a support gun (since it outranges the pit) or get a walking stuka. Once you get it to Brace with something less scary, wait for brace to end and then stuka barrage it and should be close to dead if not gone.

The fact that a single volks flame-nade will almost kill a mortar emplacement tells me that its "advantages" are not sufficient to warrant the nerfhammer. Removing Brace is almost certainly a bad idea IMO. Far too many offmaps would be able to 1-shot mortar emplacements, and 400mp is a little much to be reliably hardcountered by off-maps.

2 Dec 2015, 01:00 AM

is this a troll thread?
2 Dec 2015, 05:48 AM

well it is kind very strong in 2v2 and 3v3 games, but i don't see much problem in 1v1 or 4v4, also it is depend on maps.

specially in 2v2 if team with USF.

I had a game that UKF and USF dig so well around the mortar pit, that our 1 mortar HT and 6 OH mortar can't take it out. and our mortar team keep on getting wiped. every time we focus mortar on it. the USF, and UKF infantry blob will push out to push away ourt mortars and we try to use HMG to and infantry to protect mortars but it will not work as USF smoke nade will neglate HMG and they have bigger infantry blob.

it was behind shot blocker so our AT gun can't touch it, and it is surround by USF fighting positions. so we cant really flank it. we only manage to kill it once I got my two pwfer to rocket the shit out of it after using mortar HT flame to force it to spend its brace.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS