Login

russian armor

British mortar

30 Nov 2015, 01:05 AM

yes please!

I know its a no micro - no skill unit. Yet relic implemented it and we have to deal with it. Unfortunately its also the only on map arty the brits have, so removing it would make turtling against the brits too strong. Especially in early-mid game.
30 Nov 2015, 01:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I know its a no micro - no skill unit. Yet relic implemented it and we have to deal with it. Unfortunately its also the only on map arty the brits have, so removing it would make turtling against the brits too strong. Especially in early-mid game.

Which is to say, absolutely everyone involved loses. :(
30 Nov 2015, 02:34 AM
Donator 11

Sure lets get rid of it... we can give brits a mobile mortar so you don't get insta countered right after you build it. :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
30 Nov 2015, 02:55 AM

Wait wait arent all artillery units a no micro? OpieOP except when getting attacked ofcourse Keepo
30 Nov 2015, 02:58 AM

Btw the link to unit stats don't work for me :P
30 Nov 2015, 03:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 02:34 AMMittens
Sure lets get rid of it... we can give brits a mobile mortar so you don't get insta countered right after you build it. :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

Universal Carrier mortar variant.

90 munition upgrade, alternative to WASP also unlocked by T2. Or just a new unit in that tier maybe.

:drool:
30 Nov 2015, 04:01 AM

One of the most worthless units in the game.

When enemy builds it, you should be happy he wasted 400mp.
30 Nov 2015, 05:05 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 04:01 AMJadame!
One of the most worthless units in the game.

When enemy builds it, you should be happy he wasted 400mp.

I don't know. It's expensive, but as an Ostheer player, unless you got a lot of flame going on, the mortar pit makes a very large no-go zone and you really can't get rid of it unless it's a total rout or you somehow have clear LOS with a pak until the mid-late game when vehicles starting rolling about.
30 Nov 2015, 05:09 AM

I don't know. It's expensive, but as an Ostheer player, unless you got a lot of flame going on, the mortar pit makes a very large no-go zone and you really can't get rid of it unless it's a total rout or you somehow have clear LOS with a pak until the mid-late game when vehicles starting rolling about.

Idk about 1v1 nuances, but in all team game modes wehr can just rush flame ht, which annihilates rushed pits (and rushed pits mean no at gun or sniper) and okw can easily outspam them with isgs.
30 Nov 2015, 05:25 AM

its pretty map dependent i find, on some maps i get a huge payback with it. on others, its not so good and easy to destroy. the nice thing about the mortar pit is that you dont have to reinforce it, theres no bleed.
30 Nov 2015, 08:09 AM

Two mortars, long range, resistant to light arms, auto-fire

and the Shield of Invincibility. I think it has too many advantages.

I don't think it's game-breaking but I do think Brace structure needs to go.

PS - Please bear in mind that any buffs that you feel the Brits need or any weaknesses they have are not relevant here. Imagine the Brits were balanced well and that after that this decision was to be made.

One flame grenade from volks burn it.
30 Nov 2015, 08:12 AM

It's 400mp, immobile and countered by a single ISG, ost mortar, incindiary barrage or grenade. If it looses brace it will be completely useless.

+1

It's really easy counterable dude..
30 Nov 2015, 08:19 AM
Patrion 28

if they build it (or any emplacement) behind a shot blocker a FHT will take care of it pretty fast. spio flamers work too. out in the open it's tougher
30 Nov 2015, 09:04 AM

Two mortars, long range, resistant to light arms, auto-fire

and the Shield of Invincibility. I think it has too many advantages.

I don't think it's game-breaking but I do think Brace structure needs to go.

PS - Please bear in mind that any buffs that you feel the Brits need or any weaknesses they have are not relevant here. Imagine the Brits were balanced well and that after that this decision was to be made.

l2p
30 Nov 2015, 09:19 AM
Donator 11

Universal Carrier mortar variant.

90 munition upgrade, alternative to WASP also unlocked by T2. Or just a new unit in that tier maybe.

:drool:

Yeah, I must say I like the idea, but it would be better as doctrinal while keeping mortar pit as is.
30 Nov 2015, 09:50 AM

Permanently Banned
In some maps i can say GL to counter the brits mortar. I whant to see good replays where ostheer mortar counter brit mortar, coz its a lier :D that he counter it.
30 Nov 2015, 09:58 AM

no (but i confuse vote yes -*-)
But Stand Fast ability should be fix
not like use when it under atk
terrible like sherman Field Repair in First COH
30 Nov 2015, 11:31 AM

Btw the link to unit stats don't work for me :P

Works for me breh
30 Nov 2015, 12:00 PM

The Mortar pit is the only emplacement ATM that is "okish",people need to understand that emplacements are hard to defend with a very limited force.

the only way you can make them viable is with this auto repair ability royal engineers commander has but then the only way to beat them is either to ignore them and take half the map or just simply create an artillary gun(which most people dont)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★