Login

russian armor

British mortar

Should the British mortar pit keep "Brace Structure"?
Option Distribution Votes
15%
85%
Total votes: 88
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Nov 2015, 21:11 PM

Two mortars, long range, resistant to light arms, auto-fire

and the Shield of Invincibility. I think it has too many advantages.

I don't think it's game-breaking but I do think Brace structure needs to go.

PS - Please bear in mind that any buffs that you feel the Brits need or any weaknesses they have are not relevant here. Imagine the Brits were balanced well and that after that this decision was to be made.
29 Nov 2015, 22:03 PM

It's 400mp, immobile and countered by a single ISG, ost mortar, incindiary barrage or grenade. If it looses brace it will be completely useless.
29 Nov 2015, 22:15 PM

It has a lot of advantages yes, but has lot more disadvantages, honestly i wish they would add a "break down" ability, get half your Mp back so you can redeploy it.
29 Nov 2015, 22:32 PM
Donator 11

It is immobile, expensive and gets completely shut down by less expensive artillery units. Only situation when it is worth using is when you are completely sure your opponent is stupid enough not to build his own mortar.
29 Nov 2015, 22:36 PM

worst designed unit ingame, should ve never been implemented
29 Nov 2015, 22:47 PM

Two mortars, long range, resistant to light arms, auto-fire

and the Shield of Invincibility. I think it has too many advantages.

I don't think it's game-breaking but I do think Brace structure needs to go.

PS - Please bear in mind that any buffs that you feel the Brits need or any weaknesses they have are not relevant here. Imagine the Brits were balanced well and that after that this decision was to be made.

You got to be kidding me it is already easy to kill.
29 Nov 2015, 22:53 PM
Donator 11

How are you still having problems with this
29 Nov 2015, 22:58 PM

It is immobile, expensive and gets completely shut down by less expensive artillery units. Only situation when it is worth using is when you are completely sure your opponent is stupid enough not to build his own mortar.

I wouldn't see it gets completely shutdown by arty units. They're a counter, but they're like a bazooka up against a medium tank. Good-ish but hardly definitive. With the flame damage nerf the incendiary halftrack round isn't even as scary. The only thing that truly threatens it is an ISG, but iirc it needs vet to outrange it.

In general though if your opponent invests roughly equal or more manpower in indirect fire, they will beat it. But the mortar pits strength is that it can take hits while still dishing them out, and can even be repaired while doing so.

The best way to beat a mortar pit is to get within the minimum range with anything that does raw damage. MG42's are remarkably good up close. If you're just lobbing mortars/ISG's at him you're wasting time and not using those units very effectively. (Plus if he can shoot back you're not going to win that fight.)

29 Nov 2015, 23:06 PM

I'd point out that while the mortar pit can take hits and continue to fire, any attempt to repair it under fire will result in a lot of dead engineers (unless you're using the doctrinal repair). I'd like to know what the penalty for royal engis repairing is, if anyone knows off hand. By contrast a mortar or ISG can be re-enforced while under fire, with the worst case scenario being decrewed and a loss of vet.

I really ought to start a "british nerf bingo". I think I've seen calls for everything other than the sexton and valentine to be nerfed at this point.
29 Nov 2015, 23:14 PM

this is why we cant have nice things
29 Nov 2015, 23:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 23:06 PMtenid
I'd like to know what the penalty for royal engis repairing is, if anyone knows off hand.

I think repairing triples damage and accuracy received for all engineer-sort units.
29 Nov 2015, 23:20 PM

people who have trouble killing sitting ducks :snfPeter:
29 Nov 2015, 23:21 PM

Personally I find the mortar pit to be in a good spot atm. It's expensive enough to make you think about getting it. Effective enough to use it. Fair in terms of investment and counterinvestment.
Weather emplacements are good in a gameplay point of view is up for debate but I quite like the flavour.
29 Nov 2015, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 23:06 PMtenid
I'd point out that while the mortar pit can take hits and continue to fire, any attempt to repair it under fire will result in a lot of dead engineers .

Depends on how they're attacking it and how lucky you are. If they're doing a barrage unless they place it dead center you have a pretty good chance of repairing.

You can also just repair in between barrages. Most people don't keep up their barrage micro if you're attacking them elsewhere.
29 Nov 2015, 23:57 PM

The UKF mortar pit is the worst mortar unit in the game.
30 Nov 2015, 00:22 AM

If you remove brace, you remove this unit from the game. Right now it can be countered by forcing it to brace and then when brace is off, rush it with a volks or barrage it with an isg.

It's all about learning to "bait" somebody into brace.
30 Nov 2015, 00:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 23:17 PMVuther

I think repairing triples damage and accuracy received for all engineer-sort units.

Did they fix it that RE didn't have that penalty ?
30 Nov 2015, 00:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Did they fix it that RE didn't have that penalty ?

I don't know, I'm not actually digging into the stats directly. Don't see it specifically in the notes though.
30 Nov 2015, 00:50 AM

If you remove brace, you remove this unit from the game.

yes please!
30 Nov 2015, 00:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

yes please!

He's being rhetorical, I'm afraid.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %