Login

russian armor

Questions About COH2.org

29 Nov 2015, 12:48 PM

I have few questions:

1) What is the difference between staff and standart members with badges?

2) What is a referee?

3) Who is the tournament manager?

4) What does an artist do?

5) What does a writer do?

6) what is the difference between balack admins and red admins?

7) what does a coder do?

8) I would like to be a writer what should ı do?

9) I do not have the Company of Heroes 2. Can I write about World War 2?

10) I do not have the Company of Heroes 2 Multiplayer I only have the Ardennes Assault but I have the world Builder can I make maps and publish them on this site?
?
11) I researched about Company of Heroes 2 alot. Can ı write guides?

Thank you for this amazing site.
29 Nov 2015, 12:54 PM
29 Nov 2015, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 12:48 PMZguest
I have few questions:

Staff will all display a badge. The badge is a little coloured rectangle below the avatar of the user. All staff members have access to a private forum that members do not, not out of priviledge, but out of duty. The levels of staff are:
- Green: Junior
- Blue: Senior
- Orange: Director
- Red: Admin/Coder
- Black: Admin

Note that Relic staff have grey badges, however these do not grant access to private forums and is merely a badge of honour.

2) What is a referee?

A referee is a staff member known for organising/running tournaments that the site puts up. If they are a senior referee they will likely be doing their own tournaments or been with the site a long time. Most junior referees will be drafted in to various tournaments to help set them up/run them/organise post-tournament data etc. They deal in tournaments of all shapes and sizes.

Currently, no one is, recently it was Romeo but he stepped down due to certain obligations.

They create artwork for announcements, guides, archives, features etc and can be asked by staff members to create content for their piece. A very useful bunch.

Writers and senior editors create guides and speciality pieces along with strategists, referees, casters etc. Often they are there to perform the edits and spellchecks, or in the case of specials they may be responsible for writing prose, instructions or notices. Most recently two junior writers put together a glossary of terms regarding the game.

Black is a level above red, and as of a few months back black admins were the original site founders, five of them, with red admins below who help them run it, who were elevated from member level to red level. However, for his excellent service Janne252 was able to join the black admins as the first person to ever go from member, step by step to black admin, and also the first to not be one of the original site founders to become black.

7) what does a coder do?

Code things for the site.

Contact Fichten Moped the lead writer and submit a trial piece to him for looking over. Lots of writers are beign hired at the moment and competition is fierce, so make your submission good.

As long as your historical knowledge is up to scratch, I don't see why not.

10) I do not have the Company of Heroes 2 Multiplayer I only have the Ardennes Assault but I have the world Builder can I make maps and publish them on this site?

You can make maps if you like, you can make a thread for your maps too. However, this doesn't guarantee that your maps are any good, so by posting them in a thread you can get feedback.

Researching and having practise are very different things. I can look up how the Mona Lisa was painted and the exact techniques used to produce it. It doesn't mean I can execute these techniques.

29 Nov 2015, 13:18 PM

Hmm thanks swiftsabre i have one more question:

As i said i do not have the Company of Heroes 2 so i can not write a trial piece about the game. What should i write for Fichten Moped?
29 Nov 2015, 13:19 PM
Donator 11

I have few questions:

2) What is a referee?

7) what does a coder do?

?

I will answer some of your questions:
2) Referee is someone who ensures that tournament are running smoothly and without stops, sometimes it also means deciding what to do with drops or rules violation during tournament.

3) Tournament director is someone who creates his own tournaments or directs ones driven by whole site.

4) Artist creates music, graphics and movies for use in tournaments and articles, like guides, on this site.

5) Writer writes articles for the site. Such articles doesnt have to be connected to game content really tight.

6) Just about who is more powerfull :D

7) Maintains the site and software used by community.

8) I guess you should contact somebody in the staff, possibly editors, by pm.

9) Yes, you can, there were many welcomed history texts on this site. But not everybody likes to read them.

10) I never made a map but if AA gives you full access you can. Mind that good MP map probably needs good game sense you can get only by playing MP.

11) You can't write guides only basing on research. You need to have rally great knowledge of the game and only way to acheive is to play game often on high level. You probably can write SP guide if you have SP campaign but this site is mostly MP oriented.
29 Nov 2015, 13:45 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 13:18 PMZguest
Hmm thanks swiftsabre i have one more question:

As i said i do not have the Company of Heroes 2 so i can not write a trial piece about the game. What should i write for Fichten Moped?

Just send me a PM with some info about WHY you wanna be a Writer and the qualifications you have .(if there are any specific ones like you are studying literature or Journalism like I do or if you already work as a Writer or Journalist. Note that this is by no means a requirement :P )

Also you should include a sample of your Writing e.g. a short fictional text bit you are free to choose :)
29 Nov 2015, 13:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

We don't have very much content on AA, so someone wanting to fill that gap would not be unwelcome
29 Nov 2015, 15:42 PM

sorry Van voort i dis not understand what did you try to mean?
29 Nov 2015, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 15:42 PMZguest
sorry Van voort i dis not understand what did you try to mean?

We have nothing written on Ardennes Assault, so we would welcome any new content about hat campaign.
30 Nov 2015, 00:34 AM
Patrion 14

1. staff members are just better people.

green badge staffs are just trial members so they are not really better people.

but blues like me, well, we are just superior beings.
1 Dec 2015, 07:35 AM

but blues like me, well, we are just superior beings.

I can confirm this. :snfCHVGame:
1 Dec 2015, 07:48 AM
Admin Red  Badge

I will leave it to you to figure out who is who. Now, pardon me, I have a tank to drive.
1 Dec 2015, 09:15 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 07:35 AMsteel

I can confirm this. :snfCHVGame:

pls
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %