Login

russian armor

Soviet Industry Balance Preview.

29 Nov 2015, 16:38 PM

The kv2 is not a bad tank, its a huge area lock down machine and needs to be used with a combined arms army supporting it. Thats why im really happy industry will be able to support a mix of maxims, ATGs and conscripts finally.

Theres no other tank in game can do what it does. You just must not use it on the move. Lock down important points/VP and defend it with your army, awesome!

29 Nov 2015, 16:45 PM

Theres no other tank in game can do what it does. You just must not use it on the move. Lock down important points/VP and defend it with your army, awesome!

Actually, ISU does incomparably better job at long range sniping(KV-2 can't hit anything plus slow projectile speed not to mention all the deploy and pack up time) and IS-2 is incomparably better in tank to tank combat(reload, penetration, armor, accuracy, turret traverse, mobility).

KV-2 also comes with a doctrine without elite infantry so... pretty much any other soviet 13+cp vehicle does a better job in a better doctrine.

But now, the doctrine will actually be usable without crippling yourself.
29 Nov 2015, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 16:24 PMNebaka

In my opinion, "Soviet Industry" should be like "Redistribute Resources" (convert X Manpower into Y Fuel + decreased buildtime)

read patch notes no more resources manipulation that have no counter play...that is the whole meaning of removing industry...
29 Nov 2015, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 18:33 PMMyself
Soviet Industry
Removing this ability that allows players to manipulate their resource with no counter play involved.

Ability replaced Allied Supply Drop

KV2:
Bringing this unit in line with other heavy vehicles

Population reduced from 24 to 19
HP increased from 800 to 1040

KV-2 needs to be looked at and CP and Fuel cost adjusted to the removal of fuel conversion.

Instead of replacing "Soviet Industry", I would suggest some changes that might help the ability become viable, and make T-34/76 used more.

The changes could include the following:

Remove Manpower to fuel conversion.
Keep faster vehicle production.

Introduce one or more of the following:

Increase pop/upkeep of infantry by 10% reduce pop of T34/76 by 10%
This change aims at allowing Industry players to create and maintain a bigger T34/76 army.

Allow T-34/76 to cap without having their weapons disabled...
This change aim to compensate the luck of capping power from the previous change.

Increase the price of the "Mechanized Armor Kampaneya" (M.A.K) by 20 fuel and decrease the fuel "Tankoviy Battalion Command" (T.B.C) by 20 is M.A.K. is built first. Allow M.A.K. to built without a T.B.C. but allowing access only to T34/76. The T.B.C. would unlock the rest of the vehicles.

This change aims at allowing early T-34/76 access making the Soviet industry commander a T-34/76 specialized commander.

Alternative another version of a doctrinal T34/76 could be available.

Another approach would be have soviet industry ability to change some of the vehicle fuel cost (10%-20%) to manpower and some of the Vehicle upkeep from manpower to fuel.

This change aim at allowing easier building vehicles but harder maintaining them.

Good post !
It's clear that the T34/76 is not used anymore and that completely wrong. Relic must do something.

Thanks.
29 Nov 2015, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 16:45 PMKatitof

Actually, ISU does incomparably better job at long range sniping(KV-2 can't hit anything plus slow projectile speed not to mention all the deploy and pack up time) and IS-2 is incomparably better in tank to tank combat(reload, penetration, armor, accuracy, turret traverse, mobility).

KV-2 also comes with a doctrine without elite infantry so... pretty much any other soviet 13+cp vehicle does a better job in a better doctrine.

But now, the doctrine will actually be usable without crippling yourself.

Fair enough ISU is better in a lot of roles. But it cant dish out indirect fire over shot blockers, this is where kv2 shines. Also say kv2 does its job with less micro.
29 Nov 2015, 17:06 PM
Donator 11

Fair enough ISU is better in a lot of roles. But it cant dish out indirect fire over shot blockers, this is where kv2 shines. Also say kv2 does its job with less micro.

So you are saying that kv2 does its job? Thats a bold statement :megusta:
29 Nov 2015, 17:58 PM

The kv2 is not a bad tank

lololol
29 Nov 2015, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 16:50 PMMyself

read patch notes no more resources manipulation that have no counter play...that is the whole meaning of removing industry...

It needs a buff not a nerf man, its basically useless nobody uses it, it's about balance right?I'd rather see all commanders up to par with each other than another worthless one.

And besides there is a counter play it's called AT.
29 Nov 2015, 18:30 PM

No counter play to gaining more fuel. Most abilities have the option for opponent to react to it, like smoke on arty etc etc.

Industry isnt used much anymore because the MP debuff is crippling, you have to spam T34s, which are very easily countered by a lot of AT.

A very strong way to use Industy, which only works in team games, is to spam SU85s, fronted by a KV8 or two, and backed by 1-2 katys... but thats very difficult to get to with just baseline inf, maybe if you got a T70 and T34 first.

But Id much rather be able to play with KV2 with an infantry heavy build, because thats what gives more solid map presence allowing the KV2 a solid base.
29 Nov 2015, 18:38 PM

No counter play to gaining more fuel. Most abilities have the option for opponent to react to it, like smoke on arty etc etc.

Industry isnt used much anymore because the MP debuff is crippling, you have to spam T34s, which are very easily countered by a lot of AT.

A very strong way to use Industy, which only works in team games, is to spam SU85s, fronted by a KV8 or two, and backed by 1-2 katys... but thats very difficult to get to with just baseline inf, maybe if you got a T70 and T34 first.

But Id much rather be able to play with KV2 with an infantry heavy build, because thats what gives more solid map presence allowing the KV2 a solid base.

I disagree I think AT is a perfectly reasonable counter and you said it yourself the ability itself is crippling. So arguably bleeding them further is a deeper counter.

I think they should keep soviet industry however make its ability timed and with a cooldown maybe 60 active with 30 cooldown, so its like your trading manpower of fuel but overtime, not a direct redistribute and perhaps a slight buff to the kv-2 and I think it would be fine. But maybe im wrong and that's op.
29 Nov 2015, 19:20 PM
Donator 11

The only way to play current version of industry is spamming t-70s, they are the most fuel to mp efficient tanks in game are usefull. It works great against commanders like CAS who have no tanks. Problem is that when tanks arrive all you have are t-70s and su-76s, with no infantry or at gun support. So if you dont manage to finish the game with t-70s you loose.
29 Nov 2015, 19:52 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 11:32 AMRMMLz
KV-2 needs a defined role because currently it doesn't have one. It's not a damage sponge like Tiger and Churchill, doesn't have a good all around gun (also like tiger), it's not an artillery piece nor is it a siege weapon.

Simple and boring solution, make it an artillery piece like Priest. But I would like to see it as a true siege weapon in a manner like this:

It should set up and enter siege mode in friendly territory to be able to shoot, it also locks the territory down. Then, it should fire a big explosive shell (something like AVRE/Stiger) or an AT shell. The type of the shell is decided by the player. A manual and long reload is also needed.

Fix KV-2 and we're done. Supply drop is OK if you ask me.

it's basically a brummbar with a turret right now and actually works pretty well as that if you're careful with it (speaking from a non-balance preview point of view). the issue right now is that it's way to expensive for the performance it delivers.
29 Nov 2015, 21:16 PM

Replace crew repair with scavenge engineers - but passive scavenge like okw get. You will get 5% of fuel value of vehicle you scavenge. Weapons are unscavangeble and minimum fuel is 5.

I think now we have actually useful ability.

Also give kv2 supression
30 Nov 2015, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 14:40 PMRMMLz

That's the problem, it is not an artillery piece right now judging by the stats. As I've said, I would like it to have a defined role even if they decide to make it an artillery piece. But just for the sake of flavor and new mechanics, I would be happy to see it as a real siege weapon. One more thing, you can't really flank with KV-2. If you can your enemy is probably a n00b.

yea flanking is not easy with it but when you can pull it off and at least get one rear armor hit on a tank then it does quite some damage. i think they should reduce the reload time of the kv2 to make it a bit more effective as an arty piece, maybe give it an barrage ability. range and wipe potential are pretty good/decent if you ask me (i believe i even outranged a pack43 but that was on vet 3). But i only played some games vs AI with it in the new patchmod and not vs players bcs there weren't any at that moment so maybe im wrong but we have to see how it works out in the future. still it would be fun if kv2 becomes an viable option bcs im a bit bored of is2s and isu152s
1 Dec 2015, 06:54 AM

every time i use lend lease drop, okw flak truck shot down the plane..
i dunno why plane comes from opposite base. (or maybe i used ability badly)
germany located at west of soviet and US located at east.
Plane should come from behind of base.
1 Dec 2015, 08:18 AM

No you did not use the ability badly the plane always comes from the opposite side of the map.

On the other hand you have some control over the flight path by selecting the drop point.

If you had selected a drop point far from enemy truck the drop plane would have a better chance or surviving
1 Dec 2015, 09:38 AM

TL;DR: KV2 - Healt buff ok, accuracy might be useful, NO suppression, EVER
1 Dec 2015, 10:01 AM

Something similar has already been
http://www.coh2.org/topic/45057/taking-the-soviet-industry-from-soviet-industry-commander/page/1#post_id442519
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 17:58 PMArclyte
lololol

KV-2 is overpriced both CP and mp/fuel (as well as Pershing, by the way). And of course it is not "heavy tank" that can fight the Tigers, Panthers an Koning. But KV-2 is not so bad. It is something like a heavy mobile artillery. Like Shturmtigr or AVRE. Just KV-2 introduced a long time ago and it is simply outdated for now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★