Login

russian armor

[OSTHEER][ALL][Panzer Werfer]

26 Nov 2015, 17:49 PM

The Panzerwerfer is ridiculously strong at the moment, either it should be brought in line with the Katysha, or the time given to react must be longer. It is the new meta, that the OST rush the werfer, and get tons of support teams/AT guns to counter any tank/infantry rush to take it out, making the game a losing battle for the receiving end.

With regard to actually playing against it, even though I react every time It shoots I can't get my infantry out in time, and then I lose two vet 3 squads out of the three I have, even though they aren't spaced close together. I even start moving when I hear it shoot, still won't get out. I know the werfer was under-performing before it got buffed, but now it is over-performing by a considerable margin. I think it should be toned down a bit, not nerfed into the ground, just toned down( <= read that sentence twice before you scream bloody murder).
26 Nov 2015, 18:01 PM

This is wipe machine now. The only reason I do not see Panzer Werfer in each fight is fact that Werfer set in T4.

26 Nov 2015, 18:02 PM

Guess relic needs to finally figure out that buffing kill radius by 2-3 times of its previous value is not good for balance.

Exact same thing happened with the katyusha a year ago... And now the exact same shit with the panzerwerfer..
26 Nov 2015, 18:06 PM
Donator 11

The Panzerwerfer is overperforming I agree.. but it is still in T4 which is a pretty expensive investment for that wipe machine.

Maybe they should decrease the speed of the rockets a bit or the angle/ flight height? So you have more time to dodge the attack?
It would be still very good against immobile units (Mgs, Paks, structures..)
26 Nov 2015, 18:11 PM

I disagree about it over performing by much. It fits its intended role very well. If your squads are being wiped it means that it a close in distance and the other took a risk to bring it that forward. Perhaps the rockets could be in air a tad longer but for now its great to counter blobs.
26 Nov 2015, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 18:11 PMNapalm
I disagree about it over performing by much. It fits its intended role very well. If your squads are being wiped it means that it a close in distance and the other took a risk to bring it that forward. Perhaps the rockets could be in air a tad longer but for now its great to counter blobs.

This. Now just buff Katyusha and Brit arty.
26 Nov 2015, 18:26 PM

I like that it actually kills stuff now. As the OP already stated it was useless before. Nerf it and it is out of the game again. A slight fuel cost increase to 90-95 fuel should be sufficient.
26 Nov 2015, 18:42 PM
Patrion 14

its a wipe machine now. lower aoe a bit.
26 Nov 2015, 18:54 PM

Werfer doing exactly what it supposed to do. Kat is barely less deadly, but it has bigger range and comes faster.

Don't blob, and don't ignore it firing sound.

26 Nov 2015, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 18:54 PMJadame!
Kat is barely less deadly, but it has bigger range and comes faster.

You your definition of "barely" is slightly underpowered.

That being said, I don't think pwerfer is that big of an issue, lesser range isn't really disadvantage, on the contrary, it means payload will be delivered faster and its new scatter values assure the annihilation of target.

Current pwerfer makes katy look more then slightly underpowered, with its huge scatter and retarded intervals allowing for escape of everything in range if first salvo didn't wiped the target, which is unlikely.
26 Nov 2015, 19:10 PM
Donator 22

Oh some fanbois found another unit that being OP and complain about :romeoMug:
Its not like, they changed something in the last weeks.:romeoMug:

the unit is fine
26 Nov 2015, 19:13 PM
Patrion 28

my only issue with the pwerfer is the pinning but i haven't decided yet if it's a balance issue or just annoying.
26 Nov 2015, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 18:59 PMKatitof
You your definition of "barely" is slightly underpowered.

It depends on how you use them. Both of them pretty bad on max distance, kat probably have advantage there.

On close range werfer outperforms kat by far, but it also squishy and can die to anything there, and you need control over territory to drive it into fire position safely.

Werfer may need MINOR nerfs, or, maybe nerf in exchange for cost reduction, otherwise only problem i see with werfer is potential to one-shot houses, instantly killing garrisoned squads.
26 Nov 2015, 19:50 PM

Pinning on that thing should be removed, otherwise it's fine as it is. I wouldn't mind a louder soundeffect though to help players reacting to it quicker.
26 Nov 2015, 19:59 PM

Panzerwerfer > Katyusha a million times IMO

Katy barely hits anything, fires slowly, and it's very easy to move out of the radius since the barrage comes slowly at a time. The creeping barrage is pretty bad after they increased scatter
26 Nov 2015, 20:01 PM

Allies fanboy strikes again.

Insanely T4 tech cost + 85 fuel makes it come out much later,

Dont clump up, blob, and use your ears.
26 Nov 2015, 20:15 PM

I'd agree that it is a bit too strong. Lower its AoE a bit.

However, it is not a big balance problem because T4 is so cost-prohibitive.

I'd also buff the Katyusha a bit while we're at it. Something like a tigher shot grouping or fatster rockets.
26 Nov 2015, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 18:54 PMJadame!
Werfer doing exactly what it supposed to do. Kat is barely less deadly, but it has bigger range and comes faster.

That's just the thing I wasn't blobbing and I was responding to the sound, trying to dodge, but at far range it still wiped two vet three squads. Relic specifically states that units that leave you without time to react are not functioning as intended, the werfer leaves little time to react and no room for error, this is exactly the opposite of what relic wants to achieve. Hence the nerf to the Katy, which wasnt't, pre-nerf, as effective as the werfer is now. I do realize that it should punish blobs, but as I wrote, I didn't blob, sure my infantry was fighting side by side, but not clumped up, but significantly spaced to not warrant a double wipe, when actually dodging in right direction(placement of the barrage). I don't think being punished for doing the right thing is fair.

To all you who cry "fanboi" get out of the thread. Your yelling only serve as to brand yourselves as the major fanbois in this forum. This is a constructive discussion for players above the age of 10.
26 Nov 2015, 20:19 PM

pls buff werfer sound when barage active
26 Nov 2015, 20:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 20:19 PMLeChimp

That's just the thing I wasn't blobbing and I was responding to the sound, trying to dodge, but at far range it still wiped two vet three squads. Relic specifically states that units that leave you without time to react are not functioning as intended, the werfer leaves little time to react and no room for error, this is exactly the opposite of what relic wants to achieve. Hence the nerf to the Katy, which wasnt't, pre-nerf, as effective as the werfer is now. I do realize that it should punish blobs, but as I wrote, I didn't blob, sure my infantry was fighting side by side, but not clumped up, but significantly spaced to not warrant a double wipe, when actually dodging in right direction(placement of the barrage). I don't think being punished for doing the right thing is fair.

To all you who cry "fanboi" get out of the thread. Your yelling only serve as to brand yourselves as the major fanbois in this forum. This is a constructive discussion for players above the age of 10.

I mean, war is hell. What can you expect?

Katyusha was only good because you could rush a katyusha and wipe Ostheer support teams clinging to life waiting for a Tiger with a fuel, muni, and VP point. Now that it comes later, just like Pwerfer, it makes Katyusha less effective because weapon teams/infantry have more time to get xp to vet up. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★