Login

russian armor

December Preview Rear Echelons

26 Nov 2015, 05:30 AM

With Rear Echelons having their DPS increased from 8 to 10 and cost increased from 160mp to 200mp while reinforcing a model costs 25mp they also now have access to flamethrowers straight away through rifle company
I played a few games against my friend and I use the 3 rifleman build generally and the Rear Echelons did help out much more with their DPS increase I might build a 2nd Rear Echelon after my 3rd Riflemen squad from now on
But I haven't personally been able to face of against sniper player from Wehrmacht or any or any other strats that work off bleeding Riflemen and would like to know from you guys does the reinforcement cost increase from 20-25mp for Rear Echelons effect your economy much because now USF dont have any cheap infantry similar to Conscripts, Royal Engineers, Ostruppen etc and I found Rear Echelon useful as meatshields personally and now that wont be possible anymore

Also you may use this topic to discuss other things about the December Preview Rear Echelons if you wish I just wanted to talk about its reinforcement cost personally
26 Nov 2015, 06:06 AM

Maybe keep rear echelons in the rear?
26 Nov 2015, 06:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 06:06 AMXazax
Maybe keep rear echelons in the rear?

"Rear Echelon Troops are often caught up in combat augmenting combat troops. Effective defenders and versatile, no army can do without them."
Their unit description that says they often get caught up in combat

Also if they should stay in the rear I guess theres no point to it having volley fire or Relic giving them flamethrowers
26 Nov 2015, 06:22 AM
Donator 11

Their reinforcement costs may out way their combat abilities as RE's are already bad to start out with. Sure their vet scales decently but more testing needs to be done with RE's to see if their price increase is justified.
26 Nov 2015, 06:54 AM

I don't think it's problematic, Pioneers reinforce for 25 too.
26 Nov 2015, 07:13 AM

Pooor Sprice.

His echelons have be nerfed to death, now he does not have cheap Bar handler.
26 Nov 2015, 10:57 AM

Imo REs vet should be buffed 25% to match price increase. Other than that fine
26 Nov 2015, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 06:22 AMMittens
Their reinforcement costs may out way their combat abilities as RE's are already bad to start out with. Sure their vet scales decently but more testing needs to be done with RE's to see if their price increase is justified.

alone the possibilty of upgrading your RE with weapon from the rack justifis that, their "combat abilitie" is one of the highest of all pioneer units.
26 Nov 2015, 11:56 AM

alone the possibilty of upgrading your RE with weapon from the rack justifis that, their "combat abilitie" is one of the highest of all pioneer units.

Brit RE is still better at both fighting and repair, US RE is only better than Ass Engie and Combat Engineer, both of them are only good because of mines + demo. Axis pioneer has more utility.
26 Nov 2015, 12:01 PM

Brit RE is still better at both fighting and repair, US RE is only better than Ass Engie and Combat Engineer, both of them are only good because of mines + demo. Axis pioneer has more utility.

Then perhaps that should tell you that Brit RE is over-performing and should be brought down slightly? Saying that Rear Echelon are "only" better than 3/4 repair units is silly.

I've left out Sturmpioneers and Assault Engineers because they are by definition multi-role units.
26 Nov 2015, 12:04 PM

Imo REs vet should be buffed 25% to match price increase. Other than that fine

Edit : Nvm sorry misread your earlier post.
26 Nov 2015, 12:04 PM

thats why i said "one of the highest", just right after brits one:banana:
26 Nov 2015, 12:39 PM

Then perhaps that should tell you that Brit RE is over-performing and should be brought down slightly? Saying that Rear Echelon are "only" better than 3/4 repair units is silly.

I've left out Sturmpioneers and Assault Engineers because they are by definition multi-role units.

Uhm I mean Relic call them Rear Echelon but they are actually better at combat than "Combat" Engineer and "Assault" Engineer. People thought RE is supposed to be hanging back but these guys fight better than Conscript. For Axis, Pio got viewrange + flamer while Sturmpio got a whole bunch of ability so they both fight OK and have good combat potential.
It's by no mean a complain about RE, just weird naming convention from Lelic.
26 Nov 2015, 12:54 PM

you have to side tech for bars, and not sure a RE bared is better than a flame pio, and hey! you don´t have to research any side tech for those flamethrowers for pios, do you???
26 Nov 2015, 13:00 PM

I prefere cheap and non effective RE, then rifle duplicate with repair abbility.
26 Nov 2015, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 12:54 PMFul4n0

you have to side tech for bars, and not sure a RE bared is better than a flame pio, and hey! you don´t have to research any side tech for those flamethrowers for pios, do you???

As far as i know, Flamer is only for pio, and hey ! you can equip bar and zook ( you can x2 ) on all your infantry ! Breaking news here
26 Nov 2015, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 12:54 PMFul4n0

Pretty sure those racks can be used by more than just REs.

Just saying
26 Nov 2015, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 13:06 PMBlalord

As far as i know, Flamer is only for pio, and hey ! you can equip bar and zook ( you can x2 ) on all your infantry ! Breaking news here

yeah, you are rigth, and this is a great advantage, but you have to pay 120, not 60 for that, and of course, you have to prepared to drop at least one of them just few minutes after that...but you are rigth, RE can be more deadly with two bars than a pio with just one flamethower, you rigth.

In my opinion, and I am just a noob without any skills to talk about balance, two bars in RE is not worth more than just one, because drops and durability of the RE models....but, as I´ve said, just my opinion that surely is wrong.

Pretty sure those racks can be used by more than just REs.

Just saying

Yeah you are rigth, I suppose is something that in the ende gets things balanced....I mean, you have to side tech, but then, you can use in more types of squads.

But again, you are rigth, racks is more of a global upgrade for the whole faction, while LMG42 only can be used by greens or flamethrowers by pios....

In the end, all what I want to share in my other post is that I´m not sure a pio with flame is worse choice than a bared RE.

But looking to both your answers, pretty sure I was wrong and benefit of racks can be compared.....

Regards,
26 Nov 2015, 16:35 PM

Their reinforce cost was brought up to prevent Rear Echelon blobs of doom which is the current meta for team games and low tier 1v1's. This tactic would of been made even stronger with the current buffs to rear echelon troops.

While I disagree that this is how it should of been solved this is the way Relic chose. I guess we'll see if they were overnerfed/buffed in time.

26 Nov 2015, 18:49 PM

Ok the main reason why I have an issue with 25 manpower rear echelons is you have 28 manpower riflemen, you also have the expensive officers and you can barely field an call in unit without feeling the bleed I really hope they adjust it to 22 manpower atleast and isnt there anyone that tried USF heavily in the preview patch vs another player?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 32

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment