russian armor

Tactical Support Company Commander

25 Nov 2015, 22:21 PM

Comes with the following abilities:
CP

3 M1919 A6 LMG
4 P-47 Recon Run (loiter)
5 M5 Half-truck Transport (soviet m5 equivalent)
6 P-47 Strafing Run (damage and pin)
10 M4 Sherman Calliope (rocket artillery)
25 Nov 2015, 22:28 PM
Patrion 27

Uh yeah, we know.
25 Nov 2015, 22:31 PM

My prediction is that this commander will create serious balance issues.

The lmgs will promote blobing that will be further be promoted by the M5.

Countering the blob with a blob will not be a good option since this commander seem to have some of the best counter blob tools in any USF commander. Quads, Strafing runs that pin and damage and calliope.

In General this commander gives to USF many tools that they did not have so far and I am assuming that this will be problematic.

USF get a 2 squad tough transport/ a tough front-line reinforcement vehicle. (no tech cost)

A moving pinning platform in the Quad (no tech cost).

A pinn/damage off-map.

A rocket artillery (no tech cost) low CP and no limit in numbers, that seem to be able to take artillery counter fire or a couple of ballistic shots.

Imo this commander will create lots of problems especially in games bigger than 1vs1.

I guess will have to test before giving my opinion but my prediction is it will create lots of problems.
26 Nov 2015, 07:30 AM
Patrion 27

I bet this commander doesn't even see a lot of play in 1v1 past the first month or two of novelty play. There are just stronger options.

Don't get me wrong, I actually will be playing this commander a lot but I use Recon Company and Mech Assault in ladder games so I'm an idiot. :megusta:
26 Nov 2015, 07:58 AM

Probably a good commander to skip T1. I'm waiting to see the M5 cost but if it can reinforce in any territories, the commander may become meta and replace the infantry one in my roster (if I loot him).
26 Nov 2015, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 07:58 AMEsxile
Probably a good commander to skip T1. I'm waiting to see the M5 cost but if it can reinforce in any territories, the commander may become meta and replace the infantry one in my roster (if I loot him).

At least in the stream, it is 350 mp, 30 fuel, and 5 popcap. It should reinforce like the m5, because it is a more manpower expensive m5...

A captain commander it looks like.
26 Nov 2015, 08:22 AM

@Vippers can we see your playercard please (your ranked stats).
26 Nov 2015, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 22:31 PMVipper

Countering the blob with a blob will not be a good option since this commander seem to have some of the best counter blob tools in any USF commander. Quads, Strafing runs that pin and damage and calliope.

In General this commander gives to USF many tools that they did not have so far and I am assuming that this will be problematic.

USF get a 2 squad tough transport/ a tough front-line reinforcement vehicle. (no tech cost)

A pinn/damage off-map.

A rocket artillery (no tech cost) low CP and no limit in numbers, that seem to be able to take artillery counter fire or a couple of ballistic shots.

Imo this commander will create lots of problems especially in games bigger than 1vs1.

I guess will have to test before giving my opinion but my prediction is it will create lots of problems.

M1919s have already existed, and they arent creating any new issues.

Quadmount comes at 5 CP where many counters exist. In the stream, a stuart lived and died before 5 CP even comes... And the M5 quadmount is not a new enemy for OKW/Ostheer to handle. It also costs 80 more mp than usual...

Technically, the Calliope is the only thing that should create any new drastic issues simply because its new. 16 rockets per volley? And survives four shots from most AT sources. Cant wait for the complaints. However, its 380 mp, 140 fuel, rather slowish, and not too easy to vet... And not teching to major is a bad idea. Only bazookas, AT gun, and technically m20 become the only counters to vehicles if you ignore to get him. I do not see it as a major-skipping commander as the guy lost the game as a result (manpower attrition as well, as usual). 10 CP is not low CP; its not a heavy tank. Pershing is 13 CP.

I hate threads like these and responses like mine because it isnt accurate to make assumptions from one stream. Lets just wait and see - stats arent always final. I kind of suspect nerfs after enough people have bought the commander, though...
26 Nov 2015, 08:32 AM

At least in the stream, it is 350 mp, 30 fuel, and 5 popcap. It should reinforce like the m5, because it is a more manpower expensive m5...

A captain commander it looks like.

In term of fuel, its cheap enough imo. My only concern is that it comes a bit late, cp5. Well thinking of it with that cheap fuel price, it can also be a good option for a fast and strong T1 m20/.50 (M20+M5= 50fuel = HTAT fuel price) followed with capt/Atgun.
This unit gives USF a serious advantage for any early pushing strat.

Need to test it!.
26 Nov 2015, 08:41 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 22:21 PMVipper

Comes with the following abilities:
CP

3 M1919 A6 LMG
4 P-47 Recon Run (loiter)
5 M5 Half-truck Transport (soviet m5 equivalent)
6 P-47 Strafing Run (damage and pin)
10 M4 Sherman Calliope (rocket artillery)

The point ?

Like no one was telling us this from steam tomorrow you are late really late bro.
26 Nov 2015, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 08:22 AMSwift
@Vippers can we see your playercard please (your ranked stats).

Focus on my opinion and not my credentials. (And actually placard is not even credential)

I hate threads like these and responses like mine because it isnt accurate to make assumptions from one stream. Lets just wait and see - stats arent always final. I kind of suspect nerfs after enough people have bought the commander, though...

The issue is more design so it not really assumptions. This commander can be used to create lmg blobs that can reinforcement on the field while it has better tools than any other USF commanders to counter blobs. Mobile suppression platform, off map suppression/damage at CP 6 and rocket support.

Technically, the Calliope is the only thing that should create any new drastic issues simply because its new.

So I guess applying the same logic, Comets out of "Mechanized Armor Kampaneya" would not "technically" create any new "drastic issues" because they already exist.

This commander gives USF playes access into too many things that previously did not have or where limited by other factors...

The point ?

Like no one was telling us this from steam tomorrow you are late really late bro.

Well you simply have to read my second post to get it...
26 Nov 2015, 09:23 AM

Without your playercard we don't know if this is an L2P issue with your prediction or whether you have the necessary perceived skill to judge it properly.

Sounds harsh but we get a lot very low ranked players calling "This is going to be OP/UP" early with little justification for their suggestion.
26 Nov 2015, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 09:23 AMSwift
Without your playercard we don't know if this is an L2P issue with your prediction or whether you have the necessary perceived skill to judge it properly.

Sounds harsh but we get a lot very low ranked players calling "This is going to be OP/UP" early with little justification for their suggestion.

In other words you want to predecide the value of my opinion based on players card.

The same way the the theories of patent office clerk where not taken seriously because of his job. (and no I don't claim any resemblance I am simply pointing out the error in your approach).

As I said better focus on my opinion and not my credential...My knowledge and understanding of the game, my ability in the game and my ladder position are 3 completely separated issues that only sometimes are connected.
26 Nov 2015, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 09:46 AMVipper

In other words you want to predecide the value of my opinion based on players card.

The same way the the theories of patent office clerk where not taken seriously because of his job. (and no I don't claim any resemblance I am simply pointing out the error in your approach).

As I said better focus on my opinion and not my credential...My knowledge and understanding of the game, my ability in the game and my ladder position are 3 completely separated issues that only sometimes are connected.

Alright, but I was doing everyone a favour by asking.

[EDIT]: Anyway let's continue with the discussion rather than being ratty with each other.
26 Nov 2015, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 09:03 AMVipper

The issue is more design so it not really assumptions. This commander can be used to create lmg blobs that can reinforcement on the field while it has better tools than any other USF commanders to counter blobs. Mobile suppression platform, off map suppression/damage at CP 6 and rocket support.

---

So I guess applying the same logic, Comets out of "Mechanized Armor Kampaneya" would not "technically" create any new "drastic issues" because they already exist.

---

This commander gives USF playes access into too many things that previously did not have or where limited by other factors...

LMG blobs reinforced on the field are nothing new. Its also pretty closely related to them retreated just a short way to a forward medic truck (okw blobs) or USF ambulance.

A simple strafing plane can be balanced as long as its priced right and it isnt 2013 (skillplans gallore)

Also, if the commander counters blobs so well, then a wise enemy would not blob as a result.

The toughest form of rocket support firing the most rockets does have the most questionable air around it, which will be determined by the amount of whine on its first week of action.

---

"Technically" in terms of balance, yes. It would be a design problem (and in your post clarify the commander as a design problem)...
But in this situation, its not as drastic as that - its taxed by having a high CP count for light armor and costing more in MP for a vehicle crew as well, isnt that a form of compensation? In fact, people will complain about CP and the extra cost. USF does this with M15 AA halftrack as well, having a mobile suppression platform behind riflemen. Cant really complain about a reinforcing normal Halftrack following infantry as thats counterable and already present.

---

So... Since this is a design problem, the commander should be drastically different/cant exist? Look at feuersturm - gives OKW access to flame weapons and an offmap - things limited/previously not available, and look how powerful it is MVGame. Predicting design flaws without seeing all the variables present (all builds, vs all factions) IS assumption.

Threads like these can only be truly credible once the darn commander is available for everyone to use in a live/soon to be live version of the game. I dont feel like arguing based on one simple stream of someone trying their best to use abilities/units from the commander more than the stock arsenal. Besides, its no new thing that USF overall is strong in 1v1. USF has to try really hard to be noticeable among Brits and Soviets in big games, so a commander giving itself recognition in these games couldnt be much of a crime.
26 Nov 2015, 11:27 AM

M5 comes at CP5, its a bit late to be that heart of a deathball blob. By that time counters are already on the field.

OKW and OStheer both have stock and doctrinal counters: mines, HMG42, Luch, HT and M5 counter: Pak, raken, Puma, shreck, faust.

Same, LMGs come at CP3, which is logically unlocked after stock Gren LMGs, as OKW you also unlock your doctrinal infantry before or around same time.

If around CP5 an USF player is still blobbing and winning, two reasons come to my mind: Or you are already on a huge backfoot from early game, or it is a l2P issue. And don't take this last comment wrongly, Blobs can always be countered with all factions and you just need more experience and learning to do it.
26 Nov 2015, 11:31 AM

Wehr can LMG blob with mobile reinforcement since alpha.

Why would it be an issue with USF now again?
26 Nov 2015, 11:35 AM

it's basically infantry company with a calliope instead of priest. It will be decent but I doubt overpowered.

unless the calliope rockets are nuked tipped or something like that.
26 Nov 2015, 11:37 AM

"Technically" in terms of balance, yes. It would be a design problem (and in your post clarify the commander as a design problem)...
But in this situation, its not as drastic as that - its taxed by having a high CP count for light armor and costing more in MP for a vehicle crew as well, isnt that a form of compensation? In fact, people will complain about CP and the extra cost. USF does this with M15 AA halftrack as well, having a mobile suppression platform behind riflemen. Cant really complain about a reinforcing normal Halftrack following infantry as thats counterable and already present.
Predicting design flaws without seeing all the variables present (all builds, vs all factions) IS assumption.
I dont feel like arguing based on one simple stream of someone trying their best to use abilities/units from the commander more than the stock arsenal.

If you read my post you will see that he first sentence you qouted reads that "The issue is more design"

Actually the USF M5 is the best Half truck ability because it comes without an infantry unit so it actually more affordable, it also comes at the same CP as the Soviet M5...

Compared to AA M15 it has not to tech cost and cost less fuel, is by far more mobile and one has the option instead of Quad to use it as reinforcement and transport that units can fire from (UP to 4 LMG or bazookas.

I have actually seen the design parameters...Promotes blobs counters enemy blobs...

All prediction are assumptions...

If you don't feel like arguing then do not....
26 Nov 2015, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 22:31 PMVipper

A pinn/damage off-map.

playercard plz
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS