Login

russian armor

AT gun "dig in" ability

26 Nov 2015, 19:35 PM

so a Pak40 is just gonna put the crews' heads behind the little shield and take 50% less damage? OpieOP
26 Nov 2015, 23:14 PM

I think dig in would be a neat little feature, but not a flat damage reduction.

Sort of like how we see sandbags and stuff go up around a hulled down tank, maybe the crew could set up sandbags around them in a frontal arc and grant green cover to the spare crew members.

This would make AT guns less susceptible to infantry assaults picking off crew members (but snipers would still be excellent) and also protect one tank shell from hitting a crew member by hitting the sandbag obstacle.
26 Nov 2015, 23:45 PM

so a Pak40 is just gonna put the crews' heads behind the little shield and take 50% less damage? OpieOP
50% of the body is still covered.:snfPeter:
27 Nov 2015, 00:24 AM

You see comrades, when you have Shock Troops and IS-2, that is not enough.

You must make ZiS a mobile, camoflagueable, entrenchable piece of arty! Surely then the Fascists will stand no chance against great Stalinium AT guns and the rare 0-man invincible AT gun of doom!

All jokes aside, I would be okay with this. It would give PaKs some much needed health and possibly damage for great broadsides.
27 Nov 2015, 02:38 AM

Something like this would be great.:clap:
27 Nov 2015, 06:52 AM

I don't think this idea is applicable in this particular game. If we want to implement such a feature, copied from Sudden Strike, Blitzkrieg and other games like these, let's not forget that these games have a totaly different mechanic.
Again, if we want to implement this, we should consider to change AT guns quite a bit in order not to become to relevant.
27 Nov 2015, 09:41 AM

Aye but they'll still be destroyed if weapon health is 0 and the weapon gets decrewed.

Still, its not the same. I liked it as it was before. But i dont mind how it is now.
nee
27 Nov 2015, 10:04 AM

Are they now? That's lame. It used to punish players who didn't repair their weapons.
I do no remember explicitly since those times I'm more focused on not getting my tank killed, but I believe the health of the weapon itself gets reduced all the way to like 1hp, but since it never goes down to zero and destroyed until the crew itself is destroyed, it is technically invulnerable to destruction. Not the best choice of words to describe it, but there ya go.

Prior to that, you can target the weapon (a la Guards' and Cosncripts' PTRS versus HMG) and "destroy" the squad only be destroying the weapon and leaving the crew running away. In this fashion, you can ONLY destroy the weapon only you have destroyed the crew. If the crew is up against something like a King Tiger or a powerful artillery shell, then both have a chance of happening at the same time (re one guy left manning HMG at 1hp gets a bull's eye to the face by railway arty).

As for digging in, I'm not very sure that's a very useful approach; don't AT guns already benefit from the cover system? I also don't like the idea of all factions having this option, whatever it is the OP is (not) thinking of.
27 Nov 2015, 10:11 AM

If i place sandbags around my AT-gun the crew will get green cover, and thus have higher survival rate?
27 Nov 2015, 15:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Would be nice as a feature of hulldown. More reason for people to go other commanders and use niche abilities would be good.

Or it could be added as a feature to the defensive commanders (which are really bad)
27 Nov 2015, 15:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I say no, because how i see it, it rewards camping, but that's just me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★