Login

russian armor

What does the world think about Donald Trump?

• This thread is locked
25 Nov 2015, 05:35 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm curious what other people outside of the U.S. think of Donald Trump. He's still leading the polls for Republican candidates.... I'm not going to say much about my own opinion, other than I think he would be a terrible president and permanently damage the reputation of the U.S. ...I'm curious to see what non-U.S. citizens with at least moderate knowledge of history (because you all play and like coh2) think of him.

Please no Ad Hominem arguments and uh, be respectful. Follow the site rules :D
25 Nov 2015, 06:17 AM

Well, this is just an opinion, and my opinion tends to be biased by mainstream media. Well take a look at sites such as cracked or 9gag or something, it will either tell serious deathly Hitler like future or jokes about the guy. But, I do have some US friends (whom I met at COH2) and actually met a couple of them in person abroad. They are normal family loving people, aside from their gaming habit of course. This s where it gets interesting, they actually leans toward supporting Trump, even though one of them is Spanish-Mexico descended. At first I thought they were joking, but seeing their facebook post, well .... they are supporting the guy.

So why is this happening eventhough all the stories that I heard about the guy is Hitlerish like day after day?

My opinion on why, arrives from personal story. My country never had a 2 presidential canddate before, usually 4-6 candidates fighting for the vote of no. 1 seat of the country and the suppporters divides but couldnt really make it into headlines or such. But last year, theres only 2 candidates, and the whole country literally divided into 2 and the media turned into chaos. I dont know wheather it is the easier access to social media that caused it or is it because the 2 candidates are the polar opposite of each other. Both sides supporters are really loud that I litarlly have to delete or block several facebook friends from both sides and actually ignore them in real life as well.

Safe to say that one candidate is like the liberal peoples choice and the other is militaristic peoples choice, I wouldnt really say one is left, one is right, but pretty much it.

the right people cant belive theres a left person which about to rule the country and vice versa. and since Donald is pretty much really leans toward right, even with his so called crazy ideas, it actually makes perfect sense for people who really believe in the right party ideas. theres also accounts for waht most of us, US or non US people saw is the left party media. Ive talked a bit with my US friends in support of Trump is that what they actually saw in the news is ..... right wing media.

And what media can do in your country ..... well in all countries actually, but I will only speak through expirience. during ebola outbreaks, most countries are on high alert, but they are not on 'insane' level alert. we usually jokes about how you US people freak outs about this and that. but at that time, I was visiting my US friend in Japan, and when I take a look into your local news channel for like 1 hour, it already makes me wants to wear hazmat suits, even though I was in Japan.

TL DR. Friggin media, which one do you watch and listen, determines who do you want to vote (or whartever it is you want to believe)
25 Nov 2015, 14:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I'll stop this before it starts to get heated.

The board has the capacity to divide itself sufficiently over aspects of the COH franchise, without adding the spice of modern politics to the mix.

Gaming forums, where multiple cultures are part of the community, have proven to be bad places for political discussions, requiring a lot of moderation.

Unfortunately we don't have time to moderate them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★