Login

russian armor

Piats taking out MG Bunkers

25 Nov 2015, 00:01 AM

It's working as intended and since all Kind of emplacements are cancer for the gameplay it should stay the way it is

Supported lines of well placed bunkers was a key German strategy during the war. It is the reason the kill death ratio for German to soviet soldiers was 1:30. This is a WW2 strat game, immersion is important. Deal with it.
25 Nov 2015, 00:18 AM

Supported lines of well placed bunkers was a key German strategy during the war. It is the reason the kill death ratio for German to soviet soldiers was 1:30. This is a WW2 strat game, immersion is important. Deal with it.

It's a game, not even claiming to be a "Hardcore Realism" one, thus should be fun. Deal with it?

Or do you want to have better german inf (germans had better Training and MASSIVE combat experience ) almost invicble tanks which oneshoots everything just to be carpet Bombed by 200 b17 flying fortress at the 30min Mark and thus auto win every Match? I mean the Player numbers are already low but you can be sure that not many would be left after such a change.

Look im a Fan of immersion and Realism, a big one actually, but especially in a rts things needs to be balanced to keep it fun for everyone. And emplacements are not never a fun thing for the recieving end. I never thought "wow what a well Set up mg bunker, kudos for that!" Did you?no? Because it requires almost 0 skill.
You know when I say well played? Panzwerfer barrage in my retreat path because he mindgamed me and knew i would Hit retreat as soon as I hear the barrage Sound, when he baited my vehicle over a mine, when he threw a nade right behind my troops so I actually walk in it when trying to dodge.
25 Nov 2015, 00:23 AM

It's a game, not even claiming to be a "Hardcore Realism" one, thus should be fun. Deal with it?

Or do you want to have better german inf (germans had better Training and MASSIVE combat experience ) almost invicble tanks which oneshoots everything just to be carpet Bombed by 200 b17 flying fortress at the 30min Mark and thus auto win every Match? I mean the Player numbers are already low but you can be sure that not many would be left after such a change.

Look im a Fan of immersion and Realism, a big one actually, but especially in a rts things needs to be balanced to keep it fun for everyone. And emplacements are not never a fun thing for the recieving end. I never thought "wow what a well Set up mg bunker, kudos for that!" Did you?no? Because it requires almost 0 skill.
You know when I say well played? Panzwerfer barrage in my retreat path because he mindgamed me and knew i would Hit retreat as soon as I hear the barrage Sound, when he baited my vehicle over a mine, when he threw a nade right behind my troops so I actually walk in it when trying to dodge.

Well i also consider those to be signs of good play. But a well placed mg with covered flank points requires more skill than you give credit for, especially if it successfully resists all the enemies attempts at dislodging them. I have seen so much stupid bunker placement that face palmed myself upon the inevitable result. As a side note, the Japanese resisted hellfire on earth from the Americans in their bunkers and still survived. Same goes for the germans, dont underestimate the bunker, it still costs mp and when badly placed costs the player dearly.
25 Nov 2015, 00:36 AM

I love it when rifle nades counter maxims, we should nerf rifle nades
25 Nov 2015, 00:44 AM

I love it when rifle nades counter maxims, we should nerf rifle nades

I dont know if this is sarcasm and people are seeing me as an Axis fanboy here or if this is serious because its off topic anyways Rifle nades counter 50. Cals and Vickers better than they do Maxims since they have 4 man squads compared to 6 man and I always thought that the Rifle nade should have reduced range when suppressed because the way I see it to counter Mgs with infantry you should flank it or smoke it not just run up to it and blow it up be it grenades or hand held at weapons
25 Nov 2015, 02:24 AM

makes about as much sense as panzershrecks taking out trenches
25 Nov 2015, 05:34 AM

PIATS are shit they dont need a nerf.
25 Nov 2015, 05:38 AM

PIATS are shit they dont need a nerf.

I like this post its plain and simple but my response to you sir is that when theyre suppressed they should be less accurate or have a lower rof just something so suppression has an effect similar to how it has an effect on other squad weapons
25 Nov 2015, 07:15 AM

I don't see a problem here. Bunkers are used to usually cover lone points, or a secondary defensive line, try to build bunkers where your units can support them. And if he is blobbing with piats bunkers are not the way to go...
25 Nov 2015, 07:22 AM

Revised estimates put German/Soviet casualties at a ratio of 1:1.8 actually. That is post-war and conclusive, not say, the ratio for the duration of Operation Barbarossa.

On topic:

PIATs actually do something. Pls nurf naow.
25 Nov 2015, 07:32 AM

Bunkers are fine, don't expect to have 1600 hp bunkers please
25 Nov 2015, 07:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 00:44 AMmedhood

I dont know if this is sarcasm and people are seeing me as an Axis fanboy here or if this is serious because its off topic anyways Rifle nades counter 50. Cals and Vickers better than they do Maxims since they have 4 man squads compared to 6 man and I always thought that the Rifle nade should have reduced range when suppressed because the way I see it to counter Mgs with infantry you should flank it or smoke it not just run up to it and blow it up be it grenades or hand held at weapons

Faust counter fighting position. I think you need 3 faust shots and bye bye the position.
25 Nov 2015, 07:37 AM

PIATs actually do something. Pls nurf naow.

Most underrated weapon in game.

The problem in this case is not Piats it infantry section itself. If it can move from cover to cover its nearly impossible to Suppress.

Piat itself is a wonderfull weapon. free riflenade that can damage tanks.
- Negates green cover, grens need to be on move to dodge these and when they are on the move they cant use MG42 and dont have green cover
- can shoot over hedges

Shame that its not possible to do that Piat UC like in Vcoh.
25 Nov 2015, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 21:05 PMmedhood
I find it stupid that a suppressed squad with piats can take out a Wehrmacht MG bunker head on if they flank it good job but head on while the MG is shooting at the squad!?

Its like saying shrecked panzergrens kill fighting positions :/
25 Nov 2015, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 22:50 PMmedhood
I make one post about a suppressed Piat squad taking out an MG bunker and most of you just resort to making pointless posts atleast be constructive...

The trouble is the vast majority didn't read the part about piats 'taking out upgraded mg bunkers head-on'. They saw "piat killing bunker' only without that important qualifier. Its ok though, these things happen
25 Nov 2015, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 10:58 AMJunaid

The trouble is the vast majority didn't read the part about piats 'taking out upgraded mg bunkers head-on'. They saw "piat killing bunker' only without that important qualifier. Its ok though, these things happen

And you haven't seen multiple times mentioned part about ALL AT weapons doing this except for PTRS, which lack mandatory burst.
25 Nov 2015, 11:00 AM

...It is the reason the kill death ratio for German to soviet soldiers was 1:30....

You're smoking some fine stuff there sir, may we all have some?
25 Nov 2015, 11:19 AM

Its like saying shrecked panzergrens kill fighting positions :/

Well, if their goal is a double Piat blob it is far easier to achieve than a Shreck blob. :p
25 Nov 2015, 12:44 PM

Well, if their goal is a double Piat blob it is far easier to achieve than a Shreck blob. :p

also weaker to tanks
25 Nov 2015, 13:26 PM

also weaker to tanks

But half the cost.

I am not suggestin PIATs getting nerfed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★