Login

russian armor

Piats taking out MG Bunkers

24 Nov 2015, 21:05 PM

I find it stupid that a suppressed squad with piats can take out a Wehrmacht MG bunker head on if they flank it good job but head on while the MG is shooting at the squad!?
24 Nov 2015, 21:10 PM
Donator 33

And grens rifle made wiping vickers from the front is redonkspedonk too.
24 Nov 2015, 21:26 PM

And grens rifle made wiping vickers from the front is redonkspedonk too.

That happens but with all grenades its just most common with rifle grenades and Vickers does more damage at the cost of suppression I think
24 Nov 2015, 21:27 PM

AT weapons counter light buildings.

More news at 11.
24 Nov 2015, 21:29 PM

It's working as intended and since all Kind of emplacements are cancer for the gameplay it should stay the way it is
24 Nov 2015, 21:43 PM

Yeah if there is multiple squads I wouldnt mind but I built 1 bunker to protect my flank in a 2v2 I always sent a grenadier to help it out if available and having a Piat squad just take it out HEAD ON was pretty annoying now if its the sides or something or he smoked it or something and then used attack ground well played to him but it just made me spending 150 mp and 60 muni pointless all I wanted to do is to stop any sneaky squads so I could help my ally more freely
I play USF the most and when I build fighting positions I seen people try to shrek it upfront which fails so I think you can understand I was dissapointed when this happened to me with bunkers
24 Nov 2015, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 21:43 PMmedhood
Yeah if there is multiple squads I wouldnt mind but I built 1 bunker to protect my flank in a 2v2 I always sent a grenadier to help it out if available and having a Piat squad just take it out HEAD ON was pretty annoying now if its the sides or something or he smoked it or something and then used attack ground well played to him but it just made me spending 150 mp and 60 muni pointless all I wanted to do is to stop any sneaky squads so I could help my ally more freely
I play USF the most and when I build fighting positions I seen people try to shrek it upfront which fails so I think you can understand I was dissapointed when this happened to me with bunkers

Build another mg to Protect your flank, or a smine field. I only build them into the lategame to prevent sneaky capping at the side of the map..I mean even conscripts can horaah frontally and throw a 15mun molo to destroy it.
But I get your point, but im afraid emplacements will be to stronk so better have them on the weaker side of balance
24 Nov 2015, 22:13 PM

omg so op ! plz relic ... piats are blowing up bunkers ;-;
24 Nov 2015, 22:23 PM

It's working as intended and since all Kind of emplacements are cancer for the gameplay it should stay the way it is

This 10x. Excessive turtling makes for boring, frustrating games and should be discouraged.
24 Nov 2015, 22:24 PM

it's a problem. suppression lowers accuracy, but piat dosen't use accuracy roll. it uses scatter roll only.

that means that suppression against piat is somewhat useless.
24 Nov 2015, 22:37 PM

even better:

2 boys sniper take out bunkers in like 25s
24 Nov 2015, 22:50 PM

"In other roles the Boys saw some use against bunkers, machine gun nests and light-skinned vehicles but was rapidly replaced in British and Commonwealth service by the U.S. .50 BMG calibre M2 Browning machine gun[8] as quantities of the latter weapon became available."

If anything I'm surprised the PIAT managed to hit the bunker.
24 Nov 2015, 22:50 PM

I make one post about a suppressed Piat squad taking out an MG bunker and most of you just resort to making pointless posts atleast be constructive
An MG bunker is meant to stop frontal assault from infantry I mostly play USF and while I dont build fighting positions much when I do its either tanks, arty, flanking or at guns that are used to take it out I never saw a Shrek squad kill my fighting positions from the front and Im sure some of you played CoH2 alot longer than me me so its possible this might have happened probably a big blob or something

Anyways If fighting position can stop infantry from attacking it from the front you'd assume the mg bunker could do the same and it did that game and my grenadiers would scare off any squads that try to crawl around its arc but when a suppressed key word here SUPPRESSED squad with Piats killed it I think anyone in that situation would think something is off

Now Im complaining about this because this I built lots of Mg bunkers before to cover my flanks, Im investing 60 munitions into it instead of giving an Mg to a Gren squad
Bunkers dont need to be buffed they do their job but its the suppressed Piat squad killing one I have a problem with and before people start saying that Im crying about Piats now all Im saying is something should be done about SUPPRESSED Piats

and if you're gonna make a useless post like this one
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 22:13 PMIGOR
omg so op ! plz relic ... piats are blowing up bunkers ;-;

Please dont bother posting and just go somewhere else
24 Nov 2015, 22:55 PM

can a schreck blob take out fighting position from the front?
24 Nov 2015, 22:59 PM

can a schreck blob take out fighting position from the front?

I personally never seen it happen they'll get suppressed and if they stay well a happy little Rear Echelon squad gets alot of Vet I had a Shrek blob kill my AA halftrack though with the AA half track being at max range and the blob being suppressed thinking back I shouldve kited instead of having it sit there to use the stationary firing mode
24 Nov 2015, 23:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Zooks and shrecks would had thrown the same result.

Replay please to be more specific about what happen.
24 Nov 2015, 23:26 PM

PIAT use scatter for its hit calculation, but suppression doesn't affect scatter.

the PIAT is just as (in)accurate suppressed as it is unsuppressed.
24 Nov 2015, 23:27 PM

I dont have a replay but if I remember it was around when tanks started coming out so lots of patches of yellow cover and it was 1 squad with I assume 2 piats that I think was vet 2, my partner wiped 2 of his suppressed squads earlier with a Stuka Dive bomb so the rest were fresh
24 Nov 2015, 23:29 PM

PIAT use scatter for its hit calculation, but suppression doesn't affect scatter.

the PIAT is just as (in)accurate suppressed as it is unsuppressed.

Well I wish I new that
25 Nov 2015, 00:01 AM

Supported lines of well placed bunkers was a key German strategy during the war. It is the reason the kill death ratio for German to soviet soldiers was 1:30. This is a WW2 strat game, immersion is important. Deal with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS