Login

russian armor

inefficiency of panthers

25 Nov 2015, 02:16 AM

I dont know about any of you guys but as a primarily USF player I absolutely hate the Panther thing is so hard to kill for me and does so much damage :(
On the side note I also hate Jagdpanzers
and snipers
25 Nov 2015, 02:45 AM

Panther is RNG tank, it have huge reload time and misses too often, so it complete gamble would it finish enemy tank or not.

Otherwise it fine.
26 Nov 2015, 02:02 AM

It's fine as it is.

Reverse speed could be slower.

SU-85 misses alot too and it have lower penetration + its imposible to finish german tanks with it.

26 Nov 2015, 02:58 AM

I think panthers function quite well until they're set against British tanks.

They function very well until things like Churchills and Comets come lurking around. Interestingly enough, (although still limited in my experiences) Cromwells and Fireflies don't make Panthers seem nearly as useless as Churchills and Comets do. (And I haven't played the patch preview or seen it in action yet.)

Slated against every other force, Panthers are just fine. That, I think, doesn't really show that the problem is inherent with Panthers.
26 Nov 2015, 03:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 22:53 PMassbag
Now that relic apparently reads thease forums I'd like to resurrect this old topic; inefficiency of panthers. Not only are they very expensive to tech and the units themselves are expensive. With the recent pop cap reduction for heavies they also became pop inefficent units too. Why would you take 16 pop panther over 19 pop tiger? Or compare it to 16 pop pershing which has similiar at capabilities and is also godly against infantry :snfPeter:

Ostheer T3 on the other hand has more efficent units despite being cheaper. Only 80 fuel stug which only takes 8 pop (probably too efficent since Pak takes 9). I'd take two stugs over one panther anyday.

Panthers imo should get pop reduction to 14 like jacksons and fireflys and get a slight price decrease or give them a dual pur

pose gun.

Panther is indeed perfect, and i never miss a shot with it, so i dont know where the bs RNG hit myth is coming from, maybe they are trying to shoot over a hill or something lol.
26 Nov 2015, 08:12 AM

Comet and Jackson has 75% accuracy on the move... Good joke.

Not really, hint:

It wasn't axis who used gun stabilizers and were able to shoot on the move to a point.

You have historically accurate high armor axis tanks and historically accurate - accurate allied tanks. :snfPeter:
26 Nov 2015, 08:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Finally some good player is pointing the right think in game. Right now our panther are not enaught to wipe everything those pesky brits can field at time.
Also brits are lcoked behind pay wall so i need to pay 10 libras to actually have chance to win coh2 ?

Great balancing RELIC
26 Nov 2015, 08:42 AM

Panther is indeed perfect, and i never miss a shot with it, so i dont know where the bs RNG hit myth is coming from, maybe they are trying to shoot over a hill or something lol.

Maybe you can link your player card to convince us that you realy used a Panther a few times?
26 Nov 2015, 09:07 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I'll throw in my opinion of the Ostheer version of the Panther. Taking this from my general issues thread. I think OKW has it better as they have a stronger Panther and have it sooner than Ostheer, especially in the upcoming patch.

Panther: Boost the Ostheer Panther's moving accuracy to make it more inline as a mobile tank hunter. Misses are very punishing with this tank, but it also generally needs to keep moving to be used to be used effectively and is one of its major advantages.

Currently the Ostheer Panther sits at a 50% accuracy penalty while moving which is huge, even with its higher accuracy as it doesn't have ROF. Make it similar to OKW with their 0.65 modifier rather than the 0.5 modifier, especially since the Ostheer Panther needs far more resources to access.
26 Nov 2015, 11:45 AM

Comet and Jackson has 75% accuracy on the move... Good joke.

Jackson needs it. Everyone know by time point that the thing is a glass cannon.

comet lack a physical projectile and will miss anything it roll a miss toward. I would trade a bit of moving accuracy modifier for an actual projectile.
26 Nov 2015, 12:17 PM

Panther is best TD in game, with no problems.
26 Nov 2015, 13:05 PM

Panther is in the good spot imo, its a late game damage sponge tank you build in case of heavies/Super heavies.
Having it earlier would make Ost late game OP.

To counter medium, I prefer Stugs, keep them alive and use them with the panther vs heavies.

People here just don't understand how the panther and the brumbar are extremely powerful if in front of you, there is nothing to severely penetrate them reliably. The only faction that can counter them well are brit and this is why it is better to stick to Stugs vs them.
27 Nov 2015, 02:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 08:12 AMKatitof

Not really, hint:

It wasn't axis who used gun stabilizers and were able to shoot on the move to a point.

You have historically accurate high armor axis tanks and historically accurate - accurate allied tanks. :snfPeter:

You say others 'Don't bring history on balance thread' and bring out history when you want, huh?:facepalm:
Go play other game if you want more historical accuracy.
27 Nov 2015, 02:10 AM

comet lack a physical projectile and will miss anything it roll a miss toward. I would trade a bit of moving accuracy modifier for an actual projectile.
Never said they don't need it.
27 Nov 2015, 02:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wait really? Are you saying it's basically bullets in this game?...then doesn't that mean received accuracy bonuses work against it!? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?
27 Nov 2015, 03:00 AM

Never miss? You driving the thing to near point blank range and halting it..which is highly unlikely. There's no way that thing fires 10 shots and all 10 hit in a row (example)
27 Nov 2015, 03:02 AM

Never miss? You driving the thing to near point blank range and halting it..which is highly unlikely. There's no way that thing fires 10 shots and all 10 hit in a row (example)

Of course i exaggerate a bit, but it missing isn't really an issue since allied tanks also miss a lot.
27 Nov 2015, 03:14 AM

Of course i exaggerate a bit, but it missing isn't really an issue since allied tanks also miss a lot.

ok thought you were serious for a second. Yes all tanks miss, its the ROF that is the issue with missing. The IS2 used to have much worse accuracy with a low ROF, they patched it a while back. It used to be just throwing away fuel buying the thing.
27 Nov 2015, 03:22 AM

ok thought you were serious for a second. Yes all tanks miss, its the ROF that is the issue with missing. The IS2 used to have much worse accuracy with a low ROF, they patched it a while back. It used to be just throwing away fuel buying the thing.

I tend to avoid straight up one on ones with the panther since allies always come in groups. I use it to harass and annoy then lure them into AT guns and mines, works quite well. Then i use it to finish them off.
27 Nov 2015, 03:39 AM

I tend to avoid straight up one on ones with the panther since allies always come in groups. I use it to harass and annoy then lure them into AT guns and mines, works quite well. Then i use it to finish them off.

Which is why blitz works so well for the Panther. You can use it to chase for that finishing blow, or time it for an escape after that finishing shot. The attrition war is needed to pay for the tank. I see the panther as a tank that over time pays for itself but it needs to be used in attrition not to be used to aggressively.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★