Login

russian armor

OKW vs. Sov. 1v1

22 Nov 2015, 22:19 PM

First of all this is not a cry for balance at all (and the balance is right on the corner) therefore please keep it on 'how to counter' not, '(insert unit) OP/UP' stuff.

Since Puddingbag manages to surprise Jesulin with the ultimate con spam, I ve met 3 differrent 1v1 Sov player playing with the doc. Only manage to win against one since the guy is clearly new to the game (doesnt retreat and stuff).

So my question is how to counter the Sov reserve conscript doctrine as OKW vs decent sov player.

What is your recommended build in each cp stage, especially early game, since the doctrine doesnt have any late game doc, but very powerful in early and mid game and also several tips on countering that.

Cheers :D
25 Nov 2015, 09:04 AM

Generally against so many units, one of the main tactics to try employ is to overload your opponents micro.

Its very hard to micro so many squads, so things like grenades can have a higher impact getting more wipes. Similarly if you use Falls out a building to kill support weapons, while also engaging other units else where, might help.

I imagine Obers would be useful, and 1-2 infantry support guns protected by a well placed flak HQ are going to be a problem for him.

Fast luchs can do huge damage, but for me its risky, as AT nades and ZiS, counter it fairly easy. Instead I would probably go for P4's, no need for panthers if he has nothing heavier than T34/76, and P4s will help a lot vs cons.
25 Nov 2015, 12:20 PM

If it is a dense blob, all trying to simply rush forward, just use a MG-34 or Kubel to suppress. With some luck, the MG-34 will be useful, and the Kubel wont do doughnuts.

Other than that, you just need to get an ISG out if possible, or survive until you can call in Fallschrimjagers or Obersoldaten for blob control. Do try to get 1 raketen and 1 shreck volks by lets say.... 7 minutes in or that Russian light tank (T-60?) can cause some havoc.

Infiltration nades from Salvage or spec ops works. The Infrared Stg on Obers also work.

This is from my standpoint though, and I am not an amazing player.
28 Nov 2015, 16:02 PM

You need to spam just as much. Go Breakthrough and use Panzerfüsiliers on mass.
29 Nov 2015, 17:13 PM

Don't play 1v1 OKW
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight