Login

russian armor

How to counter heavy t1 as USF

22 Nov 2015, 10:37 AM

Hey guys,

how can I counter a heavy t1 from a WM player as USF?
I attached a replay where I lost against exact this strategy so maybe u could give me some advice?

Thanks in advance

26 Nov 2015, 02:53 AM

You cant, you are supposed to be ostheer cannon fodder.

26 Nov 2015, 03:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 10:37 AMTradak
Hey guys,

how can I counter a heavy t1 from a WM player as USF?
I attached a replay where I lost against exact this strategy so maybe u could give me some advice?

Thanks in advance

there's guide by the Champion of OFC, use that guide to ur Victory, make use of this patch as USF is beast in this patch, i stop playing 1v1 as Axis in this patch cause of USF,
26 Nov 2015, 04:38 AM

I personally would rush an AA halftrack just make sure to avoid faust and incendiary ammo
26 Nov 2015, 06:05 AM

I watched the entire game and I will do my best to give you good feedback as I was like you not long ago so I understand your pain :P
- You retreated one rifle squad because of an MG in a house you knew there was an MG there now but you decide to charge in with another rifle squad later that wasted your time
- At the start of the game you went to cap a point with your rear echelon a normal point that was cut off from your base and then you cap the fuel? Why not cap your cut off and then the fuel
- You teched grenades too early slowing down your tech and your shock unit( M20, AA Halftrack, Stuart) and then wasted all your munitions on smoking that one house with the MG and you gained NOTHING from it generally a good USF build order is 3 rifles > Officer > light vehicle > Grenades
- Shermans and Jacksons arnt the only vehicles in the USF arsenal next time build a light vehicle they can turn the map in your favour early on in the game
- Couldve used a mortar halftrack from the commander you picked to counter his MGs
- Why did you attempt to flank that MG when theres the house right behind it with another MG that retreated your rifle squads
- Try to attack from multiple locations instead of just coming in from one
- His fuel point had nothing protecting it and you couldve harrassed at or even better hold it thus allowing you to tech faster than him get more tanks this would also force him to send units from the middle to cap it back
- With the Sherman you probably couldve avoid the Pak 40s and use the church as a shotblocker either killing or forcing his MG42 away
- Use buildings you need to Garrison them more often
- Use AT nades on Vehicles you couldve killed that command Panzer and/or Puma if you did
- Try to avoid blobing your units to the victory point and send out a squad or two to harrass a different part of the map, in this situation you wanted to divide his forces
- Attempt to avoid mid-long range combat with grenadiers when you're in medium cover and theyre in heavy cover
- You wouldve been better off with 2 Shermans instead of a Sherman and Jackson all he had was a Command Panzer and Puma

http://www.coh2.org/guides/44135/devm-s-usf-without-tears
I highly recommend you read through this guide it shows you useful techniques, build orders, strategies etc as USF there is also multiple videos in the guide that you can watch to see how a Top Tier USF player does

Overall I'd say dont focus on the victory points in the first 10 minutes next time you place and instead focus on munitions and fuel points you just allowed him to defeat you over and over as you charged your men at the victory points if you cant attack a location attack a different location and you should tech an officer and build a vehicle asap instead of going for early grenades (teching early grenades is a big risk vs reward)
Your unit preservation was good for your riflemen but not so much for your tanks :P
26 Nov 2015, 09:07 AM

Thanks for your answers! I´ve read the guide and making some slight improvements in my game already. Have to play a little more and learn constantly :-)

Many thanks again!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS