Login

russian armor

I'm surprised they didn't buff trash Sexton.

1 Dec 2015, 06:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You forgot the nerf Sexton option in the poll, gotta be fair you know?

Seriously though it needs major buffs. Brits already have base artillery regardless of faction, there is no incentive to waste fuel on this piece of crap.
1 Dec 2015, 10:41 AM

I'd be happy if it had a bit shorter of a cooldown, but I dunno. When used with the valentine it can fire pretty frequently and it can dish out a ton of damage.

I'd love to use it more to really get a feel for it, but it's fucking impossible. By the time you can get 9 cp's and the resources to call out a valentine and a sexton, you're facing down medium tanks.

I'm not very quick to say things are unviable. I think it's a terrible word that people use to describe "hard to use", but jesus christ on a pickle I haven't been able to make royal artillery work at all in any semblance of a real game. I'm still trying to get it to click by focusing on playing a longer t2 and not even teching up to t3 but it's risky as hell to play Brits without proper armour. (It's possible, but I find it difficult)

Using the sexton on its own just seems like doing the doctrine wrong, it's meant to be used in synergy with the valentine. But getting both of them and then keeping the valentine alive to vet 1 is just UGHGHLA>kndcl.asnbf right now.

Have you ever tried to get trashcan (I'm sorry, Valentine) to vet1? It deals 80 dmg with its gun and it is slow for such light tank
1 Dec 2015, 10:44 AM

just give UKF the 280mp mortar squad they deserve.
1 Dec 2015, 11:11 AM

Lelic thought that just to make Churchill tank worse will render sexton more appealing :megusta:

here you go, sexton buff, lelic style
1 Dec 2015, 11:13 AM

The total lack of change to the artillery commander (bar a paltry 2cp change on the valentine) is disappointing. It's like they did not want to buff anything british at all this patch.

What confuses me about the sexton, is that none of its in game weaknesses are reflected in reality. For example, the priest carried 69 rounds of ammunition - the sexton carried 112. Yet in game the sexton fires a 5 round barrage and the priest a 7 round barrage, both at the same rate with the same cooldown.

Likewise when it comes to range, the sexton had a better range than the priest! The 25 pdr gun it used could fire slightly further than the 105mm in the priest. More importantly the gun in the priest could only elevate to 35 degrees (in WW2) whereas the sexton could elevate to 40 degrees. Yet again in game the sexton has a pretty pathetic range compared to the priest!

I simply don't understand why they made the sexton so bad.
1 Dec 2015, 11:36 AM

Have you ever tried to get trashcan (I'm sorry, Valentine) to vet1? It deals 80 dmg with its gun and it is slow for such light tank

Although it does crap dmg and is slow the visibility is just insane that you get with it.
1 Dec 2015, 17:27 PM

Rate of fire is what I care about. Damagewise that's twice as much as a T70, with much better armour.

2 Dec 2015, 04:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 06:39 AMTobis
You forgot the nerf Sexton option in the poll, gotta be fair you know?

Seriously though it needs major buffs. Brits already have base artillery regardless of faction, there is no incentive to waste fuel on this piece of crap.

I couldn't even recall 'nerf Sexton'. Thanks for tip.
I think Valentine is fine with scouting ability, though its firepower is quite bad.
2 Dec 2015, 09:24 AM

Rate of fire is what I care about. Damagewise that's twice as much as a T70, with much better armour.

I prefer t70 over Valentine day and night!
nee
4 Dec 2015, 23:42 PM

omg never mind, ive thought about the base arty from brits, both are in need of a buff my mistake :(
I thought it read "Section" as well.

I don't use this unit often and the complaints about it don't help. In my own experience it seems the design is a Sexton+ Valentine combo as optimal usage...but that obviously means the closest you can get to Sexton useful is Valentine being in the field and effectively slaved to it.
12 Dec 2015, 05:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 23:42 PMnee
I thought it read "Section" as well.

I don't use this unit often and the complaints about it don't help. In my own experience it seems the design is a Sexton+ Valentine combo as optimal usage...but that obviously means the closest you can get to Sexton useful is Valentine being in the field and effectively slaved to it.

valentine is not bad(or a bit underpowered). Real bad thing is sexton that inflicts very small damage even if shot is hit near enemy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★