Login

russian armor

Hope for USF AT-Gun?

29 Nov 2015, 21:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

and ironically the same is true with the pak in the opposite direction. feels like the AT guns were given to the wrong factions.

The gun is always greater on the other side
29 Nov 2015, 22:17 PM

i stop using that worthless gun a while back, now i just use Rear/zook swarm.
30 Nov 2015, 14:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 21:28 PMVuther

The gun is always greater on the other side

Not really. For OKW is a matter of not having the tools (MGs or heavier at guns), but in the case of OH...

SU 82mm mortar
45mm AT gun
Zis gun
Maxim can arguably be better or not (also micro)
UKF AT gun (if we don't consider vet ability)

30 Nov 2015, 16:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not really. For OKW is a matter of not having the tools (MGs or heavier at guns), but in the case of OH...

SU 82mm mortar
45mm AT gun
Zis gun
Maxim can arguably be better or not (also micro)
UKF AT gun (if we don't consider vet ability)

I wasn't being serious, I just wanted to paraphrase a cliche.
30 Nov 2015, 19:12 PM

Personally I care more about factions having uniaue playstyles and tools than I do about accurate representation.

I feel like the 6lber was lazy as shit in comparison to how well the other AT guns are balanced.

Zis = pak just to tell you that not only british at gun have almost identical stats of german

Also i think all at guns are unique.

Zis - barrage
Pak - stunshot
raketen - can be placed in building , can cloak , can retreat in exchange of 10 range
USA at gun - faster ROF , 70 range , low pen
British - sprint
30 Nov 2015, 23:42 PM

Zis = pak just to tell you that not only british at gun have almost identical stats of german

Also i think all at guns are unique.

Zis - barrage
Pak - stunshot
raketen - can be placed in building , can cloak , can retreat in exchange of 10 range
USA at gun - faster ROF , 70 range , low pen
British - sprint

Doesn't the Zis have lower rate of fire and penetration? And yeah I agree they're unique (except brit)

Unique abilities isn't enough imo. Imagine if all the infantry were the same but got different vet 1 bonuses. Plus sprint was just about the laziest fuxking thing they could have put on the 6lber.
1 Dec 2015, 01:49 AM

the way people are talking here, you'd think the 57mm was the best AT gun ever and you'd see multiple being built every game

Except it isn't, and you don't
1 Dec 2015, 02:10 AM

the way people are talking here, you'd think the 57mm was the best AT gun ever and you'd see multiple being built every game

I always bring them when playing usf.
1 Dec 2015, 02:38 AM

I mean you only need as much AT as you need. I personally like to have atleast one lying around when I play US.

Even if it is an underused unit, that doesn't mean it is underperforming.
1 Dec 2015, 15:24 PM

Doesn't the Zis have lower rate of fire and penetration? And yeah I agree they're unique (except brit)

Unique abilities isn't enough imo. Imagine if all the infantry were the same but got different vet 1 bonuses. Plus sprint was just about the laziest fuxking thing they could have put on the 6lber.

Sprint is one of strongest if not strongest.

YOu can pursue tank and give him finishing blow. You can run out of infantry puruing your AT gun, you can shot backup while your sniper will give luch critical shot , then shot and finish luchs.

Sprint is underudes but it does not mean UP
1 Dec 2015, 15:54 PM

Are you forgeting that 6lber does have a +50% accuracy bonus against vehicule ? :)
1 Dec 2015, 15:59 PM

I like USF AT gun.

Its pain in the ass to use AP ammo, but other then that its pretty decent gun if you have 2 or 3 around, especially at vet1.

For heavier units you have jacksons.
Problems arise only when you face JT/ele.
1 Dec 2015, 17:12 PM

Sprint is one of strongest if not strongest.

I just mean in terms of "Hey we copy pasted this ability from the maxim lol" lazy.

Not arguing it doesn't have a use, just that it's rather boring. I think they could have thought of something better.
1 Dec 2015, 17:18 PM

I just mean in terms of "Hey we copy pasted this ability from the maxim lol" lazy.

Not arguing it doesn't have a use, just that it's rather boring. I think they could have thought of something better.

Yes because maxim and AT gun are exactly the same units.

And what would you want for this ? Ability that allow tank to fire 10 second turbo and then dont fire half minute ? NO it would be Op because it can kill tank fast.

British are really different to Ostheer. they does not have snare , have different mines , sniper , centuar is no oswind and cromwell is not p4 , they have meatshield tank but does not have tiger type , they lack rocket arty but have emplacements etc. etc. etc.

Brits are different. If you make them more different it would create bigger balance issues
1 Dec 2015, 17:38 PM

Yes because maxim and AT gun are exactly the same units.

And what would you want for this ? Ability that allow tank to fire 10 second turbo and then dont fire half minute ? NO it would be Op because it can kill tank fast.

British are really different to Ostheer. they does not have snare , have different mines , sniper , centuar is no oswind and cromwell is not p4 , they have meatshield tank but does not have tiger type , they lack rocket arty but have emplacements etc. etc. etc.

Brits are different. If you make them more different it would create bigger balance issues

Are you retarded? I said the ability is copy pasted from the maxim. Which it is. The maxim is a weaker machine gun with a shorter set up time but smaller firing arc, an aggressive ability makes sense there. This is the sort of ability that would make sense on the doctrinal light AT gun soviets have. Being weaker, but more aggressive. It's out of place on a pak40 clone.

I would want something tied into hammer/anvil. With hammer it gets the vehicle tracking after hit that vehicles get, with anvil it gets increased range/vision in friendly territory. Like the vickers it wouldn't get a vet 1 active ability but instead each level of vet would provide a pretty big boon. (Maybe vet 3 could get a passive move speed increase?)

It just felt like a lazy choice of ability to me. The whole unit really feels like they had no unique ideas. Copy paste pak 40, give it sprint. Make it cheaper for some reason (?!) The rest of the faction is great and well designed but christ the 6lber is incredibly stale from a design POV.
1 Dec 2015, 18:30 PM

Are you retarded? I said the ability is copy pasted from the maxim. Which it is. The maxim is a weaker machine gun with a shorter set up time but smaller firing arc, an aggressive ability makes sense there. This is the sort of ability that would make sense on the doctrinal light AT gun soviets have. Being weaker, but more aggressive. It's out of place on a pak40 clone.

I would want something tied into hammer/anvil. With hammer it gets the vehicle tracking after hit that vehicles get, with anvil it gets increased range/vision in friendly territory. Like the vickers it wouldn't get a vet 1 active ability but instead each level of vet would provide a pretty big boon. (Maybe vet 3 could get a passive move speed increase?)

It just felt like a lazy choice of ability to me. The whole unit really feels like they had no unique ideas. Copy paste pak 40, give it sprint. Make it cheaper for some reason (?!) The rest of the faction is great and well designed but christ the 6lber is incredibly stale from a design POV.

Why you must be so ugly only because i told you that none At gun have sprint and it is once of best At gun abilities and it it there mainly because of lack of snare ?

On topic: USA at gun is actually good , it does its job decent - fast firing AT gun with capability to pen medium tanks reliaalbe - its job .It can also pen heavier tanks with use of munition , but once again you have Jacson for that. PLS we dont want to have pak with 70 range and fast ROF for 270 MP. If anything we should change then it is recieved accuracy to crew. They die like fleas - hovewer this is problem of all at gun crews except zis. I think it should go for AT guns. They are already near line of batlle and they cannot retreat (like mortars or mgs )
1 Dec 2015, 20:09 PM

Just change the AP to numbers of shells shot, like the next 5 shot will be APCR, not time based and I'll be happy.

I'd like that. Nothing more frustrating than spending the muni and only have it get one shot off before the tank backs out.
2 Dec 2015, 04:08 AM

I'd like that. Nothing more frustrating than spending the muni and only have it get one shot off before the tank backs out.

The entire point of such abilities is to use them at the perfect time to catch your opponent with it, and likewise the counterplay from your opponent is to back off when you pop it too early. It's like sex, don't blow your load too early or she'll run away! Or something like that anyway :P

Why you must be so ugly only because i told you that none At gun have sprint and it is once of best At gun abilities and it it there mainly because of lack of snare ?

We seem to be rubbing up against a language barrier or something then. I'm not talking about performance AT ALL, I agree with you that it's pretty good. The "retarded" comment was specifically in response to the "yes, the maxim and the 6lber are exactly the same unit" line you gave me which had absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying, which I further clarified earlier. It's just a boring design to me and it reeks of lazy implementation.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★