Login

russian armor

Strats against the Kubel?

18 Nov 2015, 02:20 AM

Hello everyone. I've been having a real tough time against an early Kubel as USF. If storm pio's sit near it, flanking seems like an ill advised option. They typically send it up to harass immediately and stop me from capping points.

The only way I can think of taking care of it early game are:

1. attack from all sides. Force him to retreat it because he can't suppress them all. The downside to this is that I'm devoting a lot of my forces to this strat while he caps freely. However if I split up it can pick off my squads one by one.

2. Hold out for M20. The M20 destroys the Kubel and is a great pressure tool. However it's easier said then done to hold out for 5 minutes. I'm looking for more of an early game 1-4 minute solution.

What do you all advise?
18 Nov 2015, 02:51 AM

Well, by the time youre putting up with that harrassment, you'll hopefully have one RE squad and one Rfn squad, which means you can hopefully flank and focus the Kubel. The sturmpios are thankfully not as lethal as they were, so you can kind of ignore them for a few seconds, and remember that if the kuble is moving, it's not in suppresion mode. Thus, keep it on its toes. Move your guys around so he has to constantly re-adjust. If the option is there, I jump into a building, and let my guys fire at it from there, stalling until he goes away, or another squad comes up to join my first one.
18 Nov 2015, 03:07 AM

Early grenades. Use smoke grenade on top of kubel before it can set up if possible.

Lets you get to green cover/buildings and dish out some damage to it, or force off other units while it repositions and tries to reset up again.

The m20 rush can work, but honestly as someone who regularly builds kubelwagons: I know you're going to rush either an m20. (Especially if you show me your lieutenant) I am going to put a mine somewhere, and when you come rushing down the road looking for my kubel wagon I will bait you into driving over it. Then where will you be? I also get a raketenwerfer pretty early on just in case, but that can be danced around.

If you can not get greedy for the kill with your m20, you'll be fine. But I've yet to face a player who didn't bumrush my kubel immediately with it. Just deal enough damage to send it scurrying off for repairs.

So I'd say get either early grenades or cautious m20 usage. Bazookas and AT guns both have a hard time hitting the kubel (I've actually killed wounded AT guns with a kubel wagon just by sitting still at medium range and having balls of steel.) but you can get lucky and one shot it. If you're gonna go captain, better have a doctrine with paratroopers or rangers with you or you're gonna have a bad time once elite OKW infantry start hitting the field.

18 Nov 2015, 07:59 AM

2 squads of riflemen, walk at it, don't even need cover, ignore pios, they'll force repair or lose kubel. kubel means less volks.

Just get out all 4-5 riflemen squads asap and focus it.
18 Nov 2015, 16:42 PM

I must disagree with dullahan. Early grenades mean m20 will hit 1-2 minutes later and this is a lot because godd players also often go puma to counter your liehtenaunt play.

I recommand holding your portion of map , important building and if he overextends swamr him with all sides and kubel will die.

He have only 2 options - atttack your cut off - there you attack from all sides

Or use it like support unit whitch mean he will have less volks on field so as long as you are conservative with 60 % of map and harras his cut off he wont have nothing except mines to counter your m20.

He also cant outcap you ecause of one less volk.

In the second paragraph i agree with dulahan , good players will try to bait you on mine so dont yolo rush kubel but try to flank it from behind or from unexpected direction and use sweepers of coure , they are cheap and effective
18 Nov 2015, 16:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just open with multiple RE's....Rifles and RE's are the same vs kubel.

2,3 RE's even. Either cap around the initial blockade, or cutoff cap(so he's essentially wasting time by camping your cutoff or fuel) then once you get 1-2 rifles(so 2-3 RE,2 rifles total) just bum rush it form all sides and win the game
18 Nov 2015, 17:06 PM
Donator 11

You can always go with wc51 from mechanised. Yeah, it will stop you from using rifle company but mechanised doctrine also has artillery that eliminates okw trucks easily.
19 Nov 2015, 05:14 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

(Yes I know kubelwagen has an umlaut) I agree with m20 rush. Rushing m20 is great in general. I am on team hector on this (sorry dullahan) because really early grenades just mean you can smoke a kubel, and kubels are so fast that they will be backed up an suppressing as soon as you are through your own smoke. I use the m20 to keep the kubel on the field, but keep it irrelevant. This way (s)he is just creating overhead and (s)he will eventually use it stupidly to try to get some use before mid game. If you see a kubel, volley with your m20, pop out the crew, and the kubel will run or die. In early early game, the kubel is a super threat, and you always need to be prepared for it. Use riflemen in a way that they can be close enough to support each other and far enough away to not be kubeled to death. If you can hold two fuels, you can get a kubel in less than 5 minutes easy. When I see the kubelwagen I usually keep one rifle behind the lines to flank the kubel and harass cutoffs until the glorious utility vehicle arrives. This is possible because the OKW player has one less squad.
19 Nov 2015, 07:16 AM

I must disagree with dullahan. Early grenades mean m20 will hit 1-2 minutes later and this is a lot because godd players also often go puma to counter your liehtenaunt play.

The problem with the m20 rush imo is you're letting the OKW player decide your tech for you. I often build a kubelwagon as my first unit simply because I know it's going to get players do things like rush for scout cars. (Or even AT guns when that fails)

You're trading away initiative and making yourself predictable.

There's a lot of examples in this current meta where this applies where you can manipulate your opponents decision making by building specific units.

I'm sure there's a relevant Sun Tzu quote for this.

19 Nov 2015, 08:46 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

The problem with the m20 rush imo is you're letting the OKW player decide your tech for you. I often build a kubelwagon as my first unit simply because I know it's going to get players do things like rush for scout cars. (Or even AT guns when that fails)

You're trading away initiative and making yourself predictable.

There's a lot of examples in this current meta where this applies where you can manipulate your opponents decision making by building specific units.

I'm sure there's a relevant Sun Tzu quote for this.

Sorry again my friend:
"All men can see the tactics in which I conquer but what none can see the strategy out of which victory has evolved." - Sun Tzu
I usually start with the same build order, then use various other step-strategies along with that. If possible, I like using the armored company because you can spam m10s, decrew them, and add Thompson smgs to have extra squads while holding AT in reserve for tank busting and FHQ incinerating. If I notice that I am falling behind early, I get a fourth rifleman and tech captain, then I select airborne or cavalry, depending on my loadout. If things fall apart mid-game instead of early, I go for rifle company. If I lose a rifle or Lt. I get an elite or a rear echelon and BARs depending on the bleed. If that doesen't work, I pull out the risky weaponry. I get flamethrowers and tech up to major. This then allows me to get easy eights, which hopefully end the game, because if the enemy gets me to here, they have probably invested in short term weapons like kubels and pumas. The fact is the pre are no good alternatives except possibly a fast Stuart, which has many of the same vulnerabilities as the utility car and it comes out later.

19 Nov 2015, 15:43 PM

First of all, always scout the fog of war and listen if there is a kubel rushing and if yes where it is. Organize your flanking squad with this information.
You can try to swarm it with a
1xRE
1xRM
2xRE and use them to chase the kubel down and outcap him. keep the rifle in the middle to support vs Sturms.

Or
1xRE
2XRM
1xRE

M20 is also a good solution, anyway unlike Dullahan says, I always build T1 before T2 and T3.
25 Nov 2015, 21:11 PM

Easiest way to deal with it is to wait for patch. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★