Login

russian armor

How's the grenadier vs. IS match up?

15 Nov 2015, 03:01 AM

I know, from my own experience and the collective wisdom of the community, that a Gren squad will beat a rifle squad at long range, or if they managed to drop a model as the rifle squad moves in to close.

I was wondering if any sort of similar rules of the thumb exist for the Brit infantry section. They seem to beat a gren squad in open ground and their cover bonus seems to be strong enough to take on two gren squads at once.

A little help here?
19 Nov 2015, 02:03 AM

Infantry sections and grens are pretty even outside of cover, but the ROF bonus of cover will instantly tip the balance in favor of the Tommies. Try not to get into a 1v1 situation like this. Infantry sections cost 40 MP more than grens; you'll generally be able to field a larger force and be less conservative than the Brits.
19 Nov 2015, 16:35 PM

Green cover for your grens is really the only hope. Unless IS is also in green cover then you're hosed. Open ground vs open ground you stand a small chance of winning as long as RNG is in your favor.
30 Nov 2015, 11:03 AM

These days, grens are pretty fucked unless you have vet/lmg advantage, and even then better pray that the tommies are not in green cover. Sniper works best in my experience.
30 Nov 2015, 15:49 PM

Use Osttruppen, you can outmass IS easily and provide the screen for your MG/Sniper to rip IS apart.
4 Dec 2015, 13:59 PM

Some here don't have ostruppen.
4 Dec 2015, 14:00 PM

IS > Grens in cover, rest it's IS = Grens
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 54
unknown 18
Germany 14
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #