Login

russian armor

automatic abilities

14 Nov 2015, 21:47 PM

hi, I tried to make that when unit spawn from outside of map , the unit automatically activate an abilities and after the abilities automatically disappear.
can u help me with that?
Thanks
15 Nov 2015, 14:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Can you give us more details? I am not really sure what you are trying to accomplish.
16 Nov 2015, 00:07 AM

i was trying that when u produce a squad come two squads instead one . I found two ways to do it, the first but looks bad, the first was using ¨call reinforcement¨ ability instead regular spawn ability of base structures but lose the loadbar animation.

the other was using the spawn action in the sbps, but the squad just appears front the other squad.

then I tried to put the ¨call reinforcement ¨ability on the squad and activate and disappear the ability automatically but I Didn't get

can u tell me how i can automate the ability? or give me other option?
16 Nov 2015, 22:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So, you want to have more than one squad be produced at a time, and prefer not to use call-in abilities?
17 Nov 2015, 02:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 22:11 PMeliw00d
So, you want to have more than one squad be produced at a time, and prefer not to use call-in abilities?

yep :V
17 Nov 2015, 03:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge

That is going to be tricky. I think the reinforcement_action allows for building spawns, so check that out. Otherwise, you might have to use SCAR.
17 Nov 2015, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 00:07 AMDeux
i was trying that when u produce a squad come two squads instead one . I found two ways to do it, the first but looks bad, the first was using ¨call reinforcement¨ ability instead regular spawn ability of base structures but lose the loadbar animation.

the other was using the spawn action in the sbps, but the squad just appears front the other squad.

then I tried to put the ¨call reinforcement ¨ability on the squad and activate and disappear the ability automatically but I Didn't get

can u tell me how i can automate the ability? or give me other option?

I think I'm understanding you properly.

Okay, so what you want to do, is produce an sbp of a squad that has a squad_loadout_ext which includes only 1 ebp. It doesn't matter what this ebp is; it could be a rifleman or a sandbag.

In the sbp's action_apply_ext, you want to add a player_target_action calling a reinforcements_action which does not spawn random squads, with the loadout set to the two actual squads you wish to spawn.

Then, also in action_apply_ext, add a delay_action with a short delay (.2 will be fine), and then make_dead with "destroy" set to true.

Somewhat more detailed and intricate addendum:

To make your squads that spawn with reinforcements_action automatically proceed to your base, you'd need to make the action_apply_ext in the sbp call:

1) filter_action, target_info of has_all_in_list of has_unit_type "hq" and own. Which has an action_table of:
2) player_target_action, which has subactions of:
3) set_start_position_target_action, which has an action list of:
4) your reinforcements_action that calls the two squads.

This basically says "filter hq for its position, then set a rally point on it, and call the reinforcements to said rally point".
24 Nov 2015, 05:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 11:21 AMeebies

I think I'm understanding you properly.

Okay, so what you want to do, is produce an sbp of a squad that has a squad_loadout_ext which includes only 1 ebp. It doesn't matter what this ebp is; it could be a rifleman or a sandbag.

In the sbp's action_apply_ext, you want to add a player_target_action calling a reinforcements_action which does not spawn random squads, with the loadout set to the two actual squads you wish to spawn.

Then, also in action_apply_ext, add a delay_action with a short delay (.2 will be fine), and then make_dead with "destroy" set to true.

Somewhat more detailed and intricate addendum:

To make your squads that spawn with reinforcements_action automatically proceed to your base, you'd need to make the action_apply_ext in the sbp call:

1) filter_action, target_info of has_all_in_list of has_unit_type "hq" and own. Which has an action_table of:
2) player_target_action, which has subactions of:
3) set_start_position_target_action, which has an action list of:
4) your reinforcements_action that calls the two squads.

This basically says "filter hq for its position, then set a rally point on it, and call the reinforcements to said rally point".

It works really good! thanks :D!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS