Login

russian armor

Soviet Spam Counter?

14 Nov 2015, 19:17 PM

The past few games that I ran into: 2 soviets, 1 US, 1 Brit. I was unlucky enough to get the side with the 2 soviets. One used soviet industry tank spam to rape all my armor, the other spammed arty & shock troops to counter all my Team Weapons & AT/AI Infantry. Are there any ways to counter this as Ostheer? Early? Mid? Late?
14 Nov 2015, 19:58 PM

Watch replays, bring hardcounters improve your gameplay. Thats some basics i can tell that help in gameplay with every faction.
14 Nov 2015, 20:34 PM

Watch replays, bring hardcounters improve your gameplay. Thats some basics i can tell that help in gameplay with every faction.
I'm looking for Ostheer specific strategies that can somehow soak up all or most of that spam and possible spit it back out at the soviets.
15 Nov 2015, 03:31 AM

I'm looking for Ostheer specific strategies that can somehow soak up all or most of that spam and possible spit it back out at the soviets.

So I just started playing the game again after about a year away, and the first thing I noticed was MG and Weapon crew spams, by Soviet and British players and US rifle blobs. I play mostly 3v3's
I struggled, but i find a quick flame half track is enough to push the early game MG's and rifles off the field.

build order:
MGx1 (the build t1)
Grenx3
Base upgrade
Halftrack- convert to flamer
Panzer gren x1
Pak.

Use the flame half track to push off weapon teams and press an advantage, my half tracks don't live long maybe 5mins, but in that time they usually reach vet three and have on average 20 kills, by this stage I'll assess the situation, either go for ostwinds or p4, sometimes I'll skip to T4 and get panzerwerfers, depending on how hard the enemy is blobbing

go easy on the muni's until you get the flame upgrade for your half track, you want that upgrade asap, after which I lay teller mines as sometimes a Stuart
or m8 will appear to counter the flamer. The idea of the flamer is to push away the early weapons teams and thin out whatever units they have to buy some time or breathing space, of course always support it with some grens.
I hope this helps.

Cheers.
Glasnost.

15 Nov 2015, 09:25 AM

For countering soviet industry tank spam use should build mines and key chock points and get panzergrenadiers with shrecks or pak 38 . Use flame halftrack to eliminate team weapons.
30 Nov 2015, 09:57 AM

StuGs. Stugs are your best friends against soviet t34 spam.

Paks are best against Su85 spam.
30 Nov 2015, 10:04 AM

Team weapon spam is tougher. What I normally do depends on the level of the spam.

If extreme amounts of team weapon spam: 1 sniper and 1 or 2 mortars, focusing on his mortars first, then maxims, then zis. Use hmg42 to stall maxim rush. Preferably by putting behind cover. Use HT behind hmg to continually reinforce it (a shotblocker is best, if available) Grens/pio/pzgrens to flank & sight/screen as needed. All this is basically a stall, don't push & let him push (unless fuel point is lost). Meanwhile, build caches & tech up t4 and rush werfer fast as possible.

If moderate (i.e. combined with core infantry/shocks too)

Similar tactic, but use second hmg behind first to stop the con/guard hordes as first hmg will invariably be supressed by maxim rush. Keep a pzgren squad around to protect from shock flanks, but keep it out oh their LoS unless you absolutely have to commit. Element of surprise and all. Keep mortars on hold fire untill you sight a nice cluster, then BAM.

If you're facing both at the same time (armor spam & support weapon spam) then you're basically fighting 2v1. Get your lazy ass mate to support you. Nobody wins a 2v1.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 149
unknown 4
unknown 1
United States 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %