Login

russian armor

OST not viable in 1v1 vs USF/UKF

11 Nov 2015, 00:25 AM
Donator 11

Is Ost really viable in 1v1 anymore versus these factions? (plus whens the last time anyone faced a RUS player?) The only time OST wins is when facing an ally new player.

Does anyone have a current high level replay of a OST defeating USF or UKW?

If so I would love to see it. Thanks
11 Nov 2015, 00:29 AM

Found both of these by looking 30 sec in the replay section. :megusta:

11 Nov 2015, 00:33 AM
Donator 11

First of all soviets are better than brits in 1v1. The order of factions is currently like this in this game mode:
USF > OST > SOV > UKF > OKW
but what you need to know is that it is all by a very small margin and in most cases it doesnt matter unless its okw vs usf. Thats why sometimes when you face a better player you may feel the order is different. This basically means you can still win vs everybody as any faction.

To answer your hidden question: everybody is playing usf as that faction was said to be bad for many patches and it got buffed from one to another. What we are seeing not is many players realising usf are much better than they thought so they are playing a lot of it now.
11 Nov 2015, 00:59 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

First of all soviets are better than brits in 1v1. The order of factions is currently like this in this game mode:
USF > OST > SOV > UKF > OKW
but what you need to know is that it is all by a very small margin and in most cases it doesnt matter unless its okw vs usf. Thats why sometimes when you face a better player you may feel the order is different. This basically means you can still win vs everybody.

To answer your hidden question: everybody is playing usf as that faction was said to be bad for many patches and it got buffed from one to another. What we are seeing not is many players realising usf are much better than they thought so they are playing a lot of it now.

I have not noticed this 'okw is on the bottom' trend in 1v1. I also think that although the Americans got buffed, it is just to bring the faction in line with the others. The reason that sometimes ost vs usf can be so hard is that ostheer core infantry are grenadiers, and they are weak against rifles early game.
11 Nov 2015, 02:38 AM
Donator 11

Found both of these by looking 30 sec in the replay section. :megusta:

Thanks for the video support- in both replays OST gets wiped - big time

examples of OST winning vs equal skilled players using UKF and USF. I just dont see that
11 Nov 2015, 16:29 PM

Check out The Propagandacast

Axis wins a lot in his videos. They are mostly high level players too.
11 Nov 2015, 16:58 PM

Check out The Propagandacast

Axis wins a lot in his videos. They are mostly high level players too.

carefully selected replays :foreveralone:
11 Jan 2016, 06:51 AM

I don't watch propagndacast because his accent is unintelligible to Americans.
12 Jan 2016, 05:32 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Why necro a thread with nothing important to say? :l
aaa
12 Jan 2016, 05:50 AM

This casters accent is unbearable. I would rather watch a person chewing snots than this one
12 Jan 2016, 05:57 AM

You get used to it.
19 Jan 2016, 03:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 05:50 AMaaa
This casters accent is unbearable. I would rather watch a person chewing snots than this one

I guess the feeling is often mutual. I can't detect any degree of nasality or snot in his accent, as you do for example with the French accent. He just speaks in an exaggerated English rapid gabble. Personally I'd rather that, than a loong drawn out American drawl with vowels dropped in favour of an arbitrary schwa or deletion thereof.

(From the wikki) American English schwa deletes in medial posttonic syllables ...", and gives as examples words such as sep(a)rate (as an adjective), choc(o)late, cam(e)ra and elab(o)rate (as an adjective), where the schwa (represented by the letters in parentheses) has a tendency to be deleted.

Incredibly indistinct and annoying.
19 Jan 2016, 03:27 AM

Permanently Banned
Judging by the statistics, ostheer has the lowest winrate in 1v1 and 2v2 by a decent margin.

If I had to guess, its because the 222 is so garbage, giving ostheer no option for light vehicle play. Forcing them to have total reliance on the pak40. If a pak40 is ever flanked its usually gg. Requiring perfect positioning.

Suggestion? Give 222 viability against infantry by increasing armor and effectiveness vs infantry. Increase cost.

http://coh2chart.com/
19 Jan 2016, 21:00 PM
Patrion 310

I got into top10 2vs2 random using primary osttruppen + sniper and/or mg. Early game, grens as main line infantry are pretty useless within the current metagame imo. Early game munitions are best to spend on mines/flamers/ht flame upgrade etc.
Midgame if floating munitions you can still potential start replacing lost osttruppen with lmg grens.

Then tech tier4 for werfer+panther. The osttruppen doc also comes with the artillery officer which has the munition ability that let you fire the werfer twice in a row (and thus get more vet to decrease cooldown).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★