Weather: Spring

Created by: Relic

Players: 1v1/2v2

Tactical Map:
26 Jun 2013, 02:11 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

First Impression:

Only played 2 games on this map thus far. A 1v1 and a 2v2 game.

Trees might be a bit thick, these in particular might want to be removed for light vehicle pathing issues

Bases seem to be very pin-able, this is of course the player could get that close to the opposing players base. But multiple exits might want to be considered for the bases. (both bases look like this)

The cliffs on the sides of the map might want to be looked at to create opportunities for transitioning into the middle of the map and cross over for flanking. One side seems reasonable for this but the other, not so much.

left side

left side

right side

26 Jun 2013, 02:13 AM
Senior Caster Badge

good feedback i agree 100%

edit: whoops I posted this before noticing your new post. So now I'm not joking anymore, I agree with your points I think. But you don't say very much! In general this map is a little chokepointy - the impassible cliffs tend to funnel people and I'm not sure I like that dynamic. The area on the right is very easy to wire off for the southern player.
26 Jun 2013, 02:18 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Yea its a first impression, more to come definitly and...

"The area on the right is very easy to wire off for the southern player." <---------Screenshots for stuff like this! The more specific, the better
26 Jun 2013, 02:55 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Well, there are very narrow entrances on the right with walls on either side, I think you can figure it out yourself :P
26 Jun 2013, 03:19 AM

The fuel positioning is a little weird, too. They are so close together and in the middle of a chokey pass, controlling the center means control of the game, no questions asked (the fact that there are little flanking options makes this even more obvious).

I think maybe they should swap 'em: fuels on the sides and munitions in the middle, so as to motivate some incursions into the sides.
Only Relic postRelic 26 Jun 2013, 05:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey guys,

just wanted to chime in and state that I'll be following the map threads very closely. I'll comment on this feedback soon
3 Jul 2013, 15:28 PM

Been winding up with a lot of 1v1s on this map today, and I've yet to have a decent game. Ostheer bunker spam and Soviet maxim spam both counterable if you go for a safe strategy but not even a bit interesting to deal with and much harder to dislodge on this map than on the others currently out there.
3 Jul 2013, 17:12 PM

From my experience it all comes down to the middle vp. Whoever gets the upper hand there is in a really advantegous position. The sides are quite easy to harrass due to limited access from the middle and the narrow paths are perfect for MGs.
I would prefer it to be a bit more open in terms of terrain, to get more flanking paths. Right now it is too easy to lockdown a quite large portion of the map with just MGs.
4 Jul 2013, 01:32 AM

I watched Inverse's stream last night in a match vs. Sepha and he did a short criticism of the map, too. I don't know if that is recorded somewhere but it was very informative.

He pointed out that it is possible for a Soviet to constantly control 3/4 of the map because covering everything really isn't easy for an Ostheer player. What is worse, the Ostheer player's fuel is too easy to be dominated by the Soviet and this only leaves him with a few normal points plus one munitions that is still harassed all the time.
The game played out exactly this way... M3s all the way.

Plus overall the pathing seems to be very wonky. Flanking Su85s really isn't easy on this map.
4 Jul 2013, 08:23 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Initial reactions:

1) It's too big / too long for 1v1.

2) Not enough lateral movement = bad flow. Huge corridors of trees block movement across lanes.
4 Jul 2013, 11:28 AM

@Ami - on the size, I've had and seen a load of really good games on Moscow Outskirts Summer, which is about the same size (maybe even bigger) - I think it's more the lateral movement thing and to an extent that getting out on the map is kinda slow... sending off squads to harass is a bit of a pain when a bunker/maxim can just lock down a lane of approach for infantry, retreat paths are often very long, the pathfinding on the top side especially is a bit dodgy and you can never afford to see the middle get locked down. Maybe it'll be better when the maxims get a nerf.
4 Jul 2013, 11:33 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

IMO Moscow is also way too big for 1v1. Moscow is a perfect-sized 2v2 map.
4 Jul 2013, 15:21 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

unless some new worldbuilding paradigm was created where large 1v1 maps made sense (i dont see this happening anytime soon) then I agree with ami. Moscow is no 1v1 map, not a competitive one in any case.
4 Jul 2013, 23:34 PM
Benefactor 115

vehicle movement is quite janky at times in the middle of the map, with them trying to avoid trees and debris on the ground resulting in some annoying spinning on the spot at times.
5 Jul 2013, 07:17 AM

map should be removed from 1v1 games, it's too big for it and pathing should be fixed - remove some trees, add more covers
5 Jul 2013, 18:27 PM

Idk what the map devs were thinking for 1v1, must have been that extra vodka left in the storage room,as the majority of the maps being played on are either a. Too big b. Too campy. or C. Have all the vps in the center of the map and turn into a scheldt.
6 Jul 2013, 02:45 AM

Is it me or does Minsk look like one of the VCoH maps which is typical of the Scheldt crew?

I think it's Gilroy Harbour or something.
22 Jul 2013, 23:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I would add more passages between the left road and the fuel.
Right now it feels like playing 5 different games, in every lane one instead of one battlefield
23 Jul 2013, 06:34 AM

The map feels so clunky. trees block mg line of fire. it's awkward to move infantry around and I always have my SU-85s in the same exact spot all game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★