Login

russian armor

How do I make 222 spotting scope work in 1v1s?

3 Nov 2015, 22:28 PM
Patrion 14

Like, what's the best commander for it; what opening strategies I need to do; how do I counter the current meta(rifle company/shock rifle/vangaurd) with them; etc.

Or is it just better to go tiger/mobile defense/or CAS or something?
3 Nov 2015, 23:19 PM
Donator 22

As far as I know spotting scopes are in 1 commander only,which is jäger armor doctrine so you might want to go for that one :D Spotting scopes on the 222 is a great recon tool especially in 1v1 since it gives you LOS on a big portion of the map and at vet3 on small maps actually uncovers most of it (just remember there is true sight...). It counters shocks reliable since they have no snare but be careful of camouflaged zis waiting for you. Try using the rest of the commander as well, HT is great for field presence and the mines pack quite a punch. Them combined with the elefant will laugh at any armor the allies can throw at you. Recon overflight and the stuka need no explanation I think- ;)

I have no experience with this against brits or usf so maybe someone else can give you that part. :)
4 Nov 2015, 08:26 AM

This has always been my favorite upgrade in the whole game since the alpha. The german mechanized commander is the 2nd commander to get this ability, and also artillery. It's actually vet 2 that the scout car gets a 30% vision bonus, which is multiplied crazily by the scopes. You can just park that car like a chess piece next to some support weapons and have such a massive vision advantage. It only works when your sitting still so what I like to do is when I'm advancing I will stutter step forward so I don't run into an AT wall, so you can actually move really aggressively but also totally safely oh boy its neat. It works best on the panther since the panther can shoot further than it can see, and not so well on the stug since that unit already needs to be screened generally. It's also great to have a panther spot an at gun or even a tank and than use art, with spotting scopes they don't even see your watching them.
4 Nov 2015, 08:42 AM
Donator 22

The german mechanized commander is the 2nd commander to get this ability, and also artillery. It's actually vet 2 that the scout car gets a 30% vision bonus, which is multiplied crazily by the scopes.

ah thanks for the correction mate. Never used the mechanized doctrine but I will give it a shot
4 Nov 2015, 09:02 AM

Put scopes on STUG's and watch as allied opponents quit and rage post :snfMarcus::romeoPls:
5 Nov 2015, 22:17 PM

This has always been my favorite upgrade in the whole game since the alpha. The german mechanized commander is the 2nd commander to get this ability, and also artillery. It's actually vet 2 that the scout car gets a 30% vision bonus, which is multiplied crazily by the scopes. You can just park that car like a chess piece next to some support weapons and have such a massive vision advantage. It only works when your sitting still so what I like to do is when I'm advancing I will stutter step forward so I don't run into an AT wall, so you can actually move really aggressively but also totally safely oh boy its neat. It works best on the panther since the panther can shoot further than it can see, and not so well on the stug since that unit already needs to be screened generally. It's also great to have a panther spot an at gun or even a tank and than use art, with spotting scopes they don't even see your watching them.

Wow Thanks for that info, adds a whole new layer to the Wehr meta.
9 Nov 2015, 18:16 PM

I also love me a good spotting scope. Especially when my neighbor leaves her blinds open... jk.

Not much that hasn't already been said here. I find them to be most effective on Stugs, panther, and a scout car.

Remember it only works when your not moving.

When on the scout car I usually sit near other things that can benefit from its sight or I sit her near my cutoffs for a much needed early warning.

I wish they had more of a place in current meta. Right now its seems the only thing to counter blobs is CAS. Such a shame because its one of my favorites.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★