Login

russian armor

Axis (OKW+Wehrmacht) vs. Allies

3 Nov 2015, 14:40 PM

Hello, community!

Not so much time ago I've moved from CoH1 to CoH2 and came on this Forums. I have played always for Wehrmachtwehrwehr in CoH1. Same to my friend. Sometimes for PE pepe
Now Im playing for Wehrmacht Ostheer ostheerostheer and my friend if playing for Oberkommando Westokwokw. We are using Automatch and we are playing 2v2. After first matches I have some exp and some problems. I want to share it here. So...
:new:
1)We was middle-gamers in CoH1. Now in CoH2 we have smgh about 17~ lvls, but our opponents is always 60-80 lvls. LoL, ANd they are too strong for us. We are losing almost every game. But we are hitting them hard. Maybe that is because of our CoH exp. :hansSTUG:

2)How to capture fu***** tanks or halftracks, if its are abandoned??!! When we have losses, our opponents usely using against us our own tanks! WHy crew is leaving their tanks? Also, why We can not capture their SHermans, but they can capture our Panthers? WTF? ALso,usely wee can not capture our own abandoned tanks... During last match I captured abandoned panther for the first time...
p.s. there was no such things in CoH1... I still dotn understand this system... :S

3)Is it normal, my Tiger has almost same strength like their Sherman with 3 stars?!:o

4)Its so easy to lost tanks and ostwinds...:hansUSA:

5)Artillery and warplanes. Hell, I've tired of it. Why my german warplanes can not action like their thunderbolts? I mean, today I saw red smoke next to my Tiger. So, I moved Tiger awasy from it, but Thunderbolt found and destroyed my Tiger ANYWAY. WTF? And why I dont have such abbilities? Well, German AIr Support Doctrine is NOT useful. All abbilities slowing infantry with less damage, can not kill it. And last abbility is much more better, but not so useful, and very expensive. I miss Terror Doctrine of Wehrmacht from CoH1...

6)Any info how we have to play?.. What is main differences playing against UKbritsbrits, USusfusf and sovietssovietsSoviets? o_O
3 Nov 2015, 14:48 PM
3 Nov 2015, 14:52 PM

Hello and welcome to CoH2. Even though I'm new too (300~ hrs), I can answer some of your questions:

1) There aren't so many low level players. Also, you'll get matched by your rank/elo(some hidden number which "determines" your skill) against other players.

2) If a vehicle is abandoned, you' need 3+ soldiers to man it. You'll obviously need to repair it after putting it to safety. Soviets, OST, OKW and UKF can't leave their vehicles, it's just that their crew died. USF, on the other hand, can leave their vehicles on purpose to repair/fight as infantry.

3) Shouldn't be, it really depends on the situation, if they had anti tank guns or whatever behind their Sherman.

4) Don't send them on their own, unless you know that they can't do anything to counter your tank/ostwind (example: send your ostwind to fight against conscripts capturing a point).

5) Different doctrines have different artillery, airstrikes or whatever. I'd recommend you to take a look at what Close Air Support doctrine can do.

Hope this helps!

3 Nov 2015, 15:15 PM

1) Levels = time spent in games. It has nothing to do with skill, so don't get distracted.
2) Abandoning is a vehicle death crit (IIRC 5% chance)
3) Tiger > vet 3 Sherman :)
4) Guard your tanks with infantery and a minesweeper, especially vs soviets (they float muni and have access to 30 mun all purpose mines)
5) Many plane off-maps are loiters, and their radius is quite big. Vs Thunderbolts, reverse out of thw circle (which unfortunately is not visible on the map but its outline is visible in-game)
3 Nov 2015, 18:15 PM

Okay! Big thanks for the response!

So, if tank could be captured with infantry of 3 lvl (now I understand why sometimes I couldnt capture it and why I successfully did it during last match). But its so difficult. If we dont have any vet infantry... But They have... LooooL... It makes everything much more difficult.

So, Thunderbolts is some kind if Imba. Could someone advice me good artillery doctrine for Wehrmacht? Not Close Air Support, there is useful only last ability. But they see red smoke and mooving away their forces.

And how I understand, I have to be more careful in CoH2...

Quety not easy to play, but its a interesting game.

3 Nov 2015, 18:54 PM

But my Panther had same strength like British Churchill with 3 stars. Impossible, but It was like that
3 Nov 2015, 19:56 PM

u can comparison all of the faction unit stat on this site
in here

Panther HP is 800,
and churchill HP is 1400
3 Nov 2015, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 19:56 PMwafive
u can comparison all of the faction unit stat on this site
in here

Panther HP is 800,
and churchill HP is 1400
3 Nov 2015, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 18:15 PMSeven
Okay! Big thanks for the response!

So, if tank could be captured with infantry of 3 lvl (now I understand why sometimes I couldnt capture it and why I successfully did it during last match). But its so difficult. If we dont have any vet infantry... But They have... LooooL... It makes everything much more difficult.

So, Thunderbolts is some kind if Imba. Could someone advice me good artillery doctrine for Wehrmacht? Not Close Air Support, there is useful only last ability. But they see red smoke and mooving away their forces.

And how I understand, I have to be more careful in CoH2...

Quety not easy to play, but its a interesting game.

Not vet 3 inf, just 3 MEN, meaning if u have a squad of grens with only 2 men left, you cant capture the tank. A tank requires 3 men to work. Driver, main gunner, machine gunner
3 Nov 2015, 21:53 PM

Not vet 3 inf, just 3 MEN, meaning if u have a squad of grens with only 2 men left, you cant capture the tank. A tank requires 3 men to work. Driver, main gunner, machine gunner

That means - any tank or hal-track could be captured with 3 men crew? OKAY! NOW its clear for me.

ANd I I think at last I found good doctrine for me. That is Wehrmacht Defensive Doctrine. There is good Sector Artillery.
I used it today just in one sector, not far from my point. Artillery succesully killed few enemy soldiers, and AFTER, when his Stuarts came on point's territory and leaved sector where artillery strikes, it fired AGAIN, and AGAIN, all aroud that point, Sturts tried to escape, but they DIED at last!!! So, Im ordering off-map artillery in one sector, and it firing all aroud, without any smoke. WUNDERBAR. Finally I have found what I need. I will search for more artillery like this one. I need artillery for defensing and for atacking. I always played for Terror Dctrine in CoH1, and my friends played for BLietzKrieg Doctrine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★