Login

russian armor

Angry thread.

31 Oct 2015, 22:25 PM

I've played company of heroes since 2007 and i absolutely love both coh1 and coh2.I have played hundreds of hrs of coh2 and even tho i take som brakes from the game, i can honestly say that it is the BEST game ive played. I never seem to get tired of it. HOWEVER.

I am really dissapointed about the effort that has been made into patching and bringing new units into the game. It seems like they dont give a single F*** about the game when they release something, or at least, exreeemly lazy. I get a feeling that everytime they introduce something new, or they change something, that they just "guess" that its gonna be a good balance change or a fair unit to add. It doesnt seem like they bother testing it! And if they do test it, how can they possibly NOT see the issue?? I mean, at the beginning shock troops were just insanely OP as they could just walk up to anything and mow it down. It took them a good while to change it. Same with WFA with obers, they are practicly HALF the strenght they were at, but still, it took them SO long time to change it, and since it IS changed, that means that when relic released it, they couldnt figure out that the unit is almost twice as strong as it should be. Now, commandos. They were like shocks obers falls with camo ability, i cant even imagine how high they were when they decided that it was a good idea to add a unit that melts down 400mp units in 3 seconds at medium range.

Centaur, IT INSTA WHIPED STUFF IN BUILDINGS. How can you possibly have missed it?? HOW is that so hard to detect BEFORE u release it??

LEIGS and Pack Howies...

Now, 2 months later(?) commandos are about half the strenght they were at. So that is relic saying; "Hey this unit has been twice as strong as it should have been for 2 months now, sorry!" I dont understand relic... you have such a great game at your hands, please be more serious about it.
31 Oct 2015, 22:28 PM

It's no word of a lie that Relics patching strategy is probably the worst in the industry in terms of RTS games. They put out fixes without internally testing them, mainly because no1 plays the game at their studio I imagine.

When you know for a fact people like Cruzz with a few other guys on his team from CoH2.org can do a better job at balance and patching you know there's a problem.
31 Oct 2015, 22:46 PM

+1 #E-Sports confirmed once again :lolol:
31 Oct 2015, 22:56 PM

I think they are working on another game, and just throw us stuff to buy now and then.

31 Oct 2015, 23:18 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 22:56 PMUnited
I think they are working on another game, and just throw us stuff to buy now and then.

the moment i saw they are releasing pershing commander i knew...
31 Oct 2015, 23:19 PM

E-sports will never be accomplished for CoH2
31 Oct 2015, 23:27 PM

the moment i saw they are releasing pershing commander i knew...

I havent noticed anything wrong with it, have you?
31 Oct 2015, 23:55 PM

I havent noticed anything wrong with it, have you?

Its reusing old Coh1 assets, the flame hetzer too.

notice there is almost no new voice work ("we have a new unit!")

they could have brought back the badass ranger models and lines from COH1 too, but instead we get what i think is the normal infantry model with a backpack.
1 Nov 2015, 00:18 AM
Patrion 14

I'm just disappointed pershing doesn't have a badass tank commander talking when you use it. COH 1 pershing sounds manly, tough, and doesn't afraid of anything. COH 2 pershing is just reusing lines from other tanks and not one time it calls itself pershing :(
1 Nov 2015, 01:37 AM

There can't be a lot of resources allocated to this game at Relic. It is probably just a handful of people that have to begrudgingly work on COH2 every now and then in their downtime, their interest long since waned.

There's no effort put into anything they can't charge upwards of $10 for (ie, British faction).

I don't understand how someone that is actually interested in the game can come up with a commander as misfitting as the Feuersturm doctrine. And really basic things like vet requirements for OKW units. Why even have the 5 vet system if its essentially impossible to achieve in a normal game? Seriously, what's the point? Why is it in the game if its never obtainable? And just look at the vet requirements of the Hetzer. Why would you design the unit to vet so slow? It is NEVER going to hit 5 stars in a game so what is the point of having it?
1 Nov 2015, 03:48 AM

The amount they make from dlc can't be much. Thegame had a really messed up release because of THQ falling apart. I think they hit almost a million copies total but who knows how many of that was at a heavily disounted price during a steam sale. The DLC can't make that much. This is a niche genre now sadly and they are the 2nd bit players to Starcraft (which has its own woes as Mobas have taken over). THey probably can't justify having more than 1 or 2 guys work on the game given sales.

At the same time, I wish they would let the community pick up the slack in terms of balance and playtesting. I was so hopeful last year when they released a patch that helped fix performance issues and added watching other people's games but after that it's been back to the same slow schedule.

Why not let the community do a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of balance and design? All the tournaments require you to play as both sides so players have a strong vested interest in a balanced game.
1 Nov 2015, 06:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 23:55 PMUnited

Its reusing old Coh1 assets, the flame hetzer too.

Dunno about hetzer but Pershing is a new model for CoH2, completely different than the CoH1 model (which was still in files). The new pershing first showed up alongside the British forces Alpha, people alpha testing discovered a NEW one. The old one had been there for aeons.
3 Nov 2015, 15:13 PM

There can't be a lot of resources allocated to this game at Relic. It is probably just a handful of people that have to begrudgingly work on COH2 every now and then in their downtime, their interest long since waned.

Go five year plan!. I'm excited! :banana:
3 Nov 2015, 15:34 PM

Quinn Duffy "There's a lot coming." :banana: :banana:
3 Nov 2015, 15:37 PM

Relics patches are as professional as their streams :hansRNG:
3 Nov 2015, 15:48 PM

like you said they dont give a fuck
4 Nov 2015, 04:05 AM

Sexton, valentine. Royal artillery regiment. arrrrrrrrrrr angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 Nov 2015, 04:12 AM

When you have to wait 2 weeks to make centaur not wipe buildings in 0.5 seconds and reduce its damage by changing 2 values, you know you play a relic game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★