Login

russian armor

How to counter us/soviet ranger/shock rifle flowery.

31 Oct 2015, 04:25 AM

Question as stated.

This is just ridiculous. It was bad enough when Soviets did it, now US does it too. pak43/ pak walls get melted by kv-8/incendiary arty, rangers/shocks melt all infantry, MG-42's get offmap smoked or rifle smoked, and the is-2 and pershing with whatever td support the two armies have make this ridiculously unbeatable blob of doom that pushes you off the map.

I'm out of ideas as to what to do about this.
Hat
1 Nov 2015, 10:45 AM

Ost has access to a flame weapon before SU does. Although not as glorious as as a Kv8 it can really destroy a guy who spams shocks.

Hell, I drove into the guys base and burnt all his troops in mid game.
1 Nov 2015, 18:57 PM

True it's possible but only against real noobs, maybe if you are just lucky.
2 Nov 2015, 04:06 AM

Its possible against everybody. If they build 2 shocks or rangers FHT his ass.

Regarding the constant use of smoke, yeah, you gotta re-position or retreat immideatly. Dont make the mistake of thinking you can win fights without your MG42s firing.
2 Nov 2015, 12:59 PM

AT nade that FHT?
3 Nov 2015, 00:49 AM

You don't. You can have 3 squads of grenadiers and the other guy loses maybe lose 1 or 2 models and then get a nade off which you can't dodge because of input lag, game lag, and squads following their leaders.

#jokegame, #relicsucks
3 Nov 2015, 00:54 AM

You either go double sniper or your grens should never move far away from a HMG42. Other than that use P4 or Ostwind to kill those vet 3 infantry squads.
Stuka Loiter also is a crutch that helps against IS2, Pershing & Infantry in late game.
Panthers can push/crush them and do damage with the mounted MG upgrade.
3 Nov 2015, 06:57 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Question as stated.

This is just ridiculous. It was bad enough when Soviets did it, now US does it too. pak43/ pak walls get melted by kv-8/incendiary arty, rangers/shocks melt all infantry, MG-42's get offmap smoked or rifle smoked, and the is-2 and pershing with whatever td support the two armies have make this ridiculously unbeatable blob of doom that pushes you off the map.

I'm out of ideas as to what to do about this.

For Shocks, any vehicle will do and you can push them to give your troops more time to take down models. MG-42s works, but you need to sight ahead of them so once they're suppressed and when forced to smoke relocate. Their suppression probably won't break until after the smoke has cleared. Snipers can help bleed those troops and LMG focus fire can help

KV-8s, any vehicle but the Ostwind from T3 can at least force it off as the KV-8 isn't that heavily armoured and only has 800hp so it's not a true heavy and much more vulnerable to the risk of fausts. Even Pumas are good counters as you can just drive in and shoot it. KV-8 can force away one pak frontally, but not two so it means the KV-8 will be forced to flank if it wants to last long or force incendiary which is why you want a tank or vehicle to block the KV-8 so your support weapons have more time to relocate.

IS-2s. Use StuGs and paks and keep poking it from range. If it extends to the very late game, Panther might be alright.

Rangers, use snipers, keep at range with LMGs, suppress with 42s and always make sure to have some sort of scout nearby. If they get within their range and have the majority of their members, just fall-back, their DPS with Thompsons is very high. Tanks also counter them.

Pershing, while dangerous in damage is surprisingly vulnerable due to its lower HP pool. StuGs and ATGs can chunk it down quickly if it presses forward and if you can deal with the USF infantry.

Can't really say on the combined arms engagement as it depends on position, unit compositions and who has better control. But as a rule of thumb in the infantry engagements, infantry focus fire the squads that aren't suppressed and are the biggest danger or closest. Ostheer units should always be within range of each other to provide support. And always be ready to move your units back when smoke is landing so you can re-engage immediately at max range when enemies reappear.

And as with Shocks, always keep spotters in front, so you can manage to suppress a squad before the smoke starts falling, it will slow them down significantly and could be a good time to start firing rifle grenades through the smoke.

5 Nov 2015, 22:54 PM

Mirage has said nothing but the truth, lol. Very helpful to keep infantry moving with a vehicle while it's being shot at, a lot of people don't think about this. It was a major meta with the OKW truck earlier in the games history when they were stroinger and able to destroy buildings.

What I do is rush for some sort of vehicle supremacy like P4 or panther while having a good set of grendaiers or volksgrens with some sort of combined arms support like a pak or mg's that I try to keep relocating.

I'd imagine one of the commanders with spotting scope could do wonders as a scout car, p4, or panther could see the approaching units before they approach. Allowing you to react accordingly. I've never tried this although I will right now. I just heard it's a really good strategy. (sic)

Back to my main point, vehicle rush is key here, due to the is design with no seperate turrent it can be taken advantage of like a drunk chick by the german mobile armor, it's what they did in history so it's the best bet. The first vehicle out; puma, p4, panther should do alot of damage if it comes out quick or atleast could scare the enemy into not being to aggressive. As soon as you double your armor is when you can assault if you haven't already seized on a strategic opportunity. Atleast that's what I've seen, quantiy > quality, so you can storm that Is-2 down with three puma's,p4
s, or two panthers...as long as you are able to take out the at guns and other anti tank units. {Very important to have smoke on your tanks if you plan on doing that though!}
7 Nov 2015, 07:06 AM

Only strat i managed to wrok is SCAS cheese with lot of tellers and build order like:

MG
gren
gren
gren
tier 2
pak
gren
medics
sniper
sniper
pak
halftrack

Also alsways covert all fuel to munition and use stuka I win combat button to pin his troops and them finish him with gren lmg bloberino backuped with double snipers.

Use dive bomb on retreating squads (into base) and at strafe agains tanks. And once again use lot of tellers.
7 Nov 2015, 08:04 AM

German mafia aka Cheesewagen sdfkz 250 with gestapo soldiers melt any infantry.
9 Nov 2015, 06:22 AM

cas is godsend for wehr, mechanized assault group can come save day if you time it well enuff. CAS is crucial for german win i take? (sic) what do you guys think? it is just so helpful
10 Nov 2015, 09:54 AM

Depending on the player you're against on your flanks there's two options to go for, the all basic mg -> 2-3x gren OR if you want a high risk high reward build going for sniper works extremely well, going sniper -> 3 gren -> sniper -> t2 and paks, this will keep you alive in the early game and will just get stronger as the game advances since you get vet on all of your units.

That's the early game but late game... If you're playing with an OKW teammate he should go for pak43 since Shock Rif or Cav commanders don't have any "real" off maps to destroy the pak43, and Cav Comp smoke is also completely useless since the Pak just doesn't care.

But for you the osth player, going t3 PzIV in to a tiger is always a sure choice, and in this patch almost all the blobbing USF players can't dodge off maps for shit so you can pretty safely go for Spearhead and get rid of the blobs with fragmentation bombing, I've seen players like this even after reaching top 5 in 2v2.....

So yeah, with those tips you should be able to win
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight